IGNORED

Wet Dreams Prevent Sin

SpeakNow

"It should also be of interest to you that God has provided a moral release of these fluids apart from sexual activity. God has provided for abstinence and obedience!"

probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.4223493/k.1AFF/Are_Nocturnal_Emissions_Wet_Dreams_Sinful.htm

"I decided to take the six-week challenge. After I reached six weeks, I kept going. After no sexual activity for eight months, one night I had an incredibly intense dream. I was in the throneroom of God. There was glory and beauty and light everywhere. Suddenly I realized God was showering me with such delight and favor. Somehow in the dream He was letting me know that He loves me, He delights in me and He's proud of me. I had this amazing sense of incredible joy that exploded inside me. Then I woke up, and I realized I'd had a wet dream."

Wow..... :shock:

Alas, there's no release for the ladies. Figures. We just get the "cleansing" of our menstrual cycle. Cuz wimmen aren't sexual beings, dontcha know.

The ways these people will twist reality to fit their agenda never ceases to amaze me.

God provided for abstinence -- It's called masturbation!

Also, Shrillharpy, women have wet dreams too.

I had no idea, though it doesn't surprise me. Yet another thing I'm missing out on. :(

I had no idea, though it doesn't surprise me. Yet another thing I'm missing out on. :(

Meh, my experience with them is they leave you most of the way there then roll over and go to sleep. Kinda like a selfish boyfriend.

This actually reminds me of The Ecstasy of Saint Teresa! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecstasy_of_Saint_Teresa

I took a class a few years ago that had to do with historical literature and a lot of that also had to do with religion; I distinctly remember the talk of anchorites, who out of religious conviction became hermits from the rest of their communities and lived alone until their deaths. A lot of these, especially the females, had very sexual religious visions. Also, through history Jesus has often been depicted as feminized and as the 'mother' of the church. So it's not necessarily without precedence, but in the modern day - especially with the current fundamentalist view of gender and sexuality - it still stands out as a really bizarre reaction to religion.

"I decided to take the six-week challenge. After I reached six weeks, I kept going. After no sexual activity for eight months, one night I had an incredibly intense dream. I was in the throneroom of God. There was glory and beauty and light everywhere. Suddenly I realized God was showering me with such delight and favor. Somehow in the dream He was letting me know that He loves me, He delights in me and He's proud of me. I had this amazing sense of incredible joy that exploded inside me. Then I woke up, and I realized I'd had a wet dream."

Alas, there's no release for the ladies. Figures. We just get the "cleansing" of our menstrual cycle. Cuz wimmen aren't sexual beings, dontcha know.

The ways these people will twist reality to fit their agenda never ceases to amaze me.

Where's the barfing smilie when I need it?! I can't even find words to comment other than "so many levels of ewwww!" And yet people like Doug Phillips (is a tool) say we're the ones reading incest into things they do??

Where's the barfing smilie when I need it?! I can't even find words to comment other than "so many levels of ewwww!" And yet people like Doug Phillips (is a tool) say we're the ones reading incest into things they do??

That's...eww. If you're abstinent long enough, God will reward you by getting you off. Ew.

I've heard a couple of times (don't remember where) that humans have a natural reaction of being horny in the presence of the Divine. The Divine is life, and being horny is being full of life, that is, being full of readiness to pass life on. So while I have to :shock: at this guy over disclosing something so private, it certainly doesn't strike me as too bizarre.

Where's the barfing smilie when I need it?! I can't even find words to comment other than "so many levels of ewwww!"

The bottom of Page 7. It's easy to miss. :puke-front:

Possible TMI: I can't imagine going eight fucking months without some kind of release, and I wouldn't exactly describe myself as a total horndog. Hell, after eight days, I practically start having Miles Silverberg's dream of frolicking with the dolphins, so I'm sure I'd be dreaming of the Holy Come well within the six-week challenge. I shudder to think what utter hell it would be to be an "ex-gay."

The whole thing is a heaping serving of WTF? I cannot even begin to imagine how sexually repressed a "former" gay male who can no longer masterbate is.

Oh my gosh...that is so weird

Found this bit:

We need to define "sex" more broadly than many people do (such as a former president . . . ). There are a great many sexual activities and behaviors that fall in the category of "sex" besides intercourse. Here's a helpful question to help think clearly about any particular activity, such as open-mouth kissing or oral sex: would you do it with your parent or your pastor? If you shrink back in disgust at the thought, that means it's sexual. (But holding hands, however, is something you can do with anyone without it being sexual. People often hold hands while praying, for instance. See the difference?)

Um.......disagree.

I work in sex therapy but this is a whole new level of kink for me... :shock:

Found this bit:

Um.......disagree.

I agree with the first sentence - PIV sex isn't the only "real" sex, and it's problematic when we define it as such. The rest is kind of fucked up. I'd be creeped out if a pastor tried to hold my hand.

I agree with the first sentence - PIV sex isn't the only "real" sex, and it's problematic when we define it as such. The rest is kind of fucked up. I'd be creeped out if a pastor tried to hold my hand.

Yeah, agreed that PIV is only one kind of sex not all of it. I don't like the idea that you should think about whether or not you should open mouth kiss your grandparents. I would never present this as a litmus test to someone.

As my hubby would say there's loving Jesus, there's being in love with Jesus and there's wanting to b*** Jesus... I think this falls under the last one. A little too much holy spirit spilling out of this one.

Frank Schaeffer (Fran and Edith's son) wrote three hilarious novels in which the Mom (aka HIS mom) tells him not to sin but to wait for a wet dream. Anyone who reads here would scream laughing at his novels--Portofino, Zermat and Saving Grandma.

Archived