IGNORED

JimBob's big mistake?

Seven Severn

At the same time, my very large university celebrated diversity and welcomed people of all beliefs. I knew a conservative Christian girl from Egypt or somewhere like that, whose mom moved to the university with her, but she still made friends. Maybe it was because it was Canada, but everyone accepted everyone regardless of beliefs/lifestyles/etc. I'm sure people could accept Jill and Jana and fitting in isn't really required, I just think they'd have to struggle with seeing so many different opinions/beliefs/lifestyles/etc. In that way, I reckon they'd be just fine somewhere like Bob Jones though, where they'd also have to wear modest clothing (and skirts?) and couldn't listen to worldly music and all that stuff. I think they'd have to catch up academically though, and get used to living outside their parents' house.

I think Jimbob's mistake of taking the children around and exposing them to outside influences will impact the younger children most. For the older girls it's giving them a view outside of their beliefs but they have had a lifetime of sheltering. I think for Hannie, Jenny, Jordyn and Josie they will grow up being exposed to outside influences. Especially since I don't think once the show is canceled in another year or two Jimbob will say "oh well it's been fun" I think he's going to hang onto whatever he can with more books and such trying to keep the family earning money from their fame whoring.

I think Jimbob's mistake of taking the children around and exposing them to outside influences will impact the younger children most. For the older girls it's giving them a view outside of their beliefs but they have had a lifetime of sheltering. I think for Hannie, Jenny, Jordyn and Josie they will grow up being exposed to outside influences. Especially since I don't think once the show is canceled in another year or two Jimbob will say "oh well it's been fun" I think he's going to hang onto whatever he can with more books and such trying to keep the family earning money from their fame whoring.

I actually think the little girls could possibly end up back in the Little House dresses, particularly if the show ends sooner rather than later (another episode about wisdom teeth? Doesn't bode well for it's longevity.)

The kids most affected by the worldliness the Duggars have experienced in recent years are probably the middle ones. For the girls, that's Jessa, Jinger, and perhaps most especially Joy, who clearly is a bit peeved that she has to do woman's work now instead of running and playing with her 352 carefree brothers. I don't see any complete turning back for those three at this point, and if Boob thinks he has any chance of putting that Genie (er, sorry Jenie) back in the box, he's out of his mind.

Harder to predict what happens with the little ones.

Archived