IGNORED

The New Normal (NBC)

mpheels

I can start topics now (yay!), and didn't see one for The New Normal yet, so I figured I'd give it a go. Anyone else watching it? It's my favorite new show of the season, and possible my new favorite show overall. It's a little over the top and preachy in the manner than Ryan Murphy often is, but seems more reality based than Glee, possibly because I actually am an adult and not a high school drama/band geek anymore. Again, being Ryan Murphy, there are some overt political and social statements, but it is mostly just a sitcom about a couple trying to start a family and the people in their lives who support them (or not), and they happen to be gay. The banter is hilarious, plus Justin Bartha is adorable.

I have been watching this show and I like it so far. I thought the mall scene in the last episode was well acted and my heart broke for David and Bryan. Ali Adler the co-creator of the show is Sara Gilbert's ex partner and they had two kids during their relationship. I think a lot of aspects are probably based on Ali's experiences. I think Ellen Barkin is great as Jane and I think the little girl who plays Shania is very adorable.

I just watched the first three episodes online yesterday. I like it. It's entertaining, and when it comes to television that is my main criteria - entertain me for a half hour, please.

Archived