IGNORED

Say it's your birthday, Paul Arndt!

JenniferJuniper

32 years young and still "safe at home"!

If Mommy and Daddy had 13 daughters instead of 13 sons there probably would never be any Arndt grandchildren. At least the "boys" have a chance of marrying and fathering children in very late middle age.

What's saddest for me is that on his 32nd birthday, his life is exactly the same as it was on his 22nd birthday. Heck it's probably the same as it was on his 12th birthday. Never letting these "kids" grow up is the worst thing their mommy and daddy could have done to them. Why would you even want your children to be perpetual 12 year olds? I can never decide which is sadder, them or the Maxwells. At least the Arndt boys are allowed to have fun, even if it's fun at a young teen level, but then again I don't see any courtships in their future, so no way they're going to leave mommy and daddy's house. They're too isolated and stunted for families with similar doctrines as them. Have any of them ever mentioned having friends?

32 years old?

I swear I'm going to come over there, get hold of Paul Arndt, drag him over to Kansas and thrust him at Sarah Maxwell.

32 years old?

I swear I'm going to come over there, get hold of Paul Arndt, drag him over to Kansas and thrust him at Sarah Maxwell.

Yes! although we might be more efficient if we force Stevie and Arndt senior to get into discussions over the trade.

32 years old?

She'd be so defrauded by all the menfolk in shorts playing sports and watching TV - not to mention Mommy Arndt's very skimpy attire - that she'd probably develop hysterical blindness or go into some type of catatonic state.

What's saddest for me is that on his 32nd birthday, his life is exactly the same as it was on his 22nd birthday. Heck it's probably the same as it was on his 12th birthday. Never letting these "kids" grow up is the worst thing their mommy and daddy could have done to them. Why would you even want your children to be perpetual 12 year olds? I can never decide which is sadder, them or the Maxwells.

QFT. This outfit rivals the Maxwells with their isolationism, although they are allowed to have some fun sometimes.

Today is my son's birthday, He is 37 years old; married for the second time to a wonderful woman. No children by choice, but he has a Bachelor's degree and a career in academia (staff member at a small private college) that he loves. Recently got a promotion and is heading up a new initiative for the college. I couldn't be prouder. How a parent can want and actively work to stunt their children's emotional growth and maturity is beyond me. Isn't the whole point to raise them to be productive adults?

QFT. This outfit rivals the Maxwells with their isolationism, although they are allowed to have some fun sometimes.

Today is my son's birthday, He is 37 years old; married for the second time to a wonderful woman. No children by choice, but he has a Bachelor's degree and a career in academia (staff member at a small private college) that he loves. Recently got a promotion and is heading up a new initiative for the college. I couldn't be prouder. How a parent can want and actively work to stunt their children's emotional growth and maturity is beyond me. Isn't the whole point to raise them to be productive adults?

Most parents are breaking our backs to help our kids reach their full potential. We advocate, worry and dream, knowing that our kids sometimes have some cards stacked against them and that life isn't fair. We want our kids to have whatever is within their grasp: marriage, career, children of their own, travel--whatever it is they desire. Meanwhile the Arndts, Maxwells and company seem to work just as hard in holding their kids back from their own potential. Does not compute. :?

I have to agree with your statement!! However, I am like Paul Arndt because I am also 32 and I live at home. However, my issue is the fact is the economy SUCKS!!! I am having a hard time finding a job, however, I am looking all day EVERYDAY!!

I have to agree with your statement!! However, I am like Paul Arndt because I am also 32 and I live at home. However, my issue is the fact is the economy SUCKS!!! I am having a hard time finding a job, however, I am looking all day EVERYDAY!!

Jana814 - there's a big difference between living at home with your parents because you're looking for work and being KEPT at home by your parents because they don't want you to grow up. If an adult "child" needs to move back with mom and dad to regroup or whatever, I have no problem with that and I don't think anybody else does either. What baffles me are these isolationist families like the Maxwells and Arndts that don't seem to want their children to grow up at all. And then they tout their lifestyle like it's the proper way to raise children. :)

I AGREE with you completely!! My parents would love to for me to be out of the house and able to live on my own, I consider myself a VERY lucky person to have the parents that I do. My parents are NOT like the Maxwells or the Arndts, they can say they have the worlds best parents but I can say it is I who have them!!

Archived