IGNORED

"Hazardous Journeys Bootcamp" aka Doug Phillips is a tool

Maggie Mae

GET OUT OF MY STATE, American Taliban! We already have Focus on the (your own damn) Family, we don't need the Maxwells and Doug Phillips' (is a tool) masturbatory fantasies as well.

And whoever left this remark on the FB page?:

"I am sure everyone present was blessed. What a great Tool to bond the men."

:lol: :dance: :text-bravo:

I want my headship to contact your headship and discuss the possibility of a courtship.

edited to add: Wandering, your father is in my thoughts.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wandering - vibes to your dad for a safe deployment in Afghanistan.

Re: Hazardous Journeys. Doug Phillips Is a Tool. That is all.

I may have added something. I wonder if the interns will catch it (before seeing it here, that is).

Emmie Dahl: Doug, reading about your adventures is so inspiring. It makes me want to break out in song! This old song, in particular, which is from a more traditional era: http://www.mudcat.org/@displaysong.cfm?SongID=3947 Which makes me wonder which one you call Sally?

13 minutes ago · Like

It's a pity they didn't meet the Maxwell's at the top, Steve could have married off all his kids then and there.

Free Jinger camping and wine appreciation weekend!

I can provide a few kegs of home-brewed beer and s'more ingredients. Now all we need are some meats and veggies to complement the wine, beer and sugar.

Firstly thank you all very much for your kind thoughts and prayers :) Secondly I was on my way to troll Vision Forum's Facebook page and post a comment about this Worthless Journey b.s. but it appears I cannot comment or post anything! Does anyone here know if you have to "like" Vision Forum to post or am I just blocked?

He really does write the snark himself:

And the pictures of the guides on day three. Oh. My.

Those have amazing "Doug Phillips is a tool" caption potential

Firstly thank you all very much for your kind thoughts and prayers :) Secondly I was on my way to troll Vision Forum's Facebook page and post a comment about this Worthless Journey b.s. but it appears I cannot comment or post anything! Does anyone here know if you have to "like" Vision Forum to post or am I just blocked?

You might have been blocked in GayGate, were you a part of that? No worries though, they have a new page just for Hazardous Journeys. If you search for it on FB, it will be the 2nd or 3rd result.

I think the next time they plan a "hazardous journey", Free Jinger should plan a "fairly safe, people do it all the time trip" for the same time and place. They would just die if they were trying to pretend they were in danger and there were women around who were not having a hard time.

I think the next time they plan a "hazardous journey", Free Jinger should plan a "fairly safe, people do it all the time trip" for the same time and place. They would just die if they were trying to pretend they were in danger and there were women around who were not having a hard time.

Agreed.

I can provide a few kegs of home-brewed beer and s'more ingredients. Now all we need are some meats and veggies to complement the wine, beer and sugar.

I make a mean tofu & vegetable skewer. I can't wait! Maybe we can all zip our sleeping bags together!

Guest Anonymous

I make a mean tofu & vegetable skewer. I can't wait! Maybe we can all zip our sleeping bags together!

I'm for it. I volunteer to help you press tofu and skewer things! Also I make killer pasta salad.

Damn it. I had a post all typed out and ready to go when the site froze. And then I lost my C&P because I *had* to send a non-workrelated link to my coworker. Damn you Doug.

Some thoughts:

1.) looks like someone brought a guitar. Why would you do this?

2.) I keep harping on this 60+ lbs bag, but I really don't understand. Even with climbing gear it shouldn't weigh that much for four days.

3.) Why is the restaurant "interesting?" I hate how vague fundies can be about describing things. Why are the pictures so boring? You can't see anything interesting about the restaurant OR anyone's face in the shot of them all around the table.

4.) From my very short amount of research, it appears that the route they took was 12 miles and is recommend as a long day. Four days?!? How many rest stops and prayer stops did they do?

5.) http://thingstolucat.com/fast-and-light-winter-travel/ (For the TL:DR -- 3 guys, Alaska Wilderness Classic Adventure Race, 180 miles, climbing gear + ice gear + food, negative temperatures, 30 lbs packs.)

6.) The backpackers I know like to talk about gear and routes and what they saw. I would like to know what they carried with them because I have a lot of time on my hands at work and would like to avoid purchasing anything that Doug Phillips recommends as it is probably available for free or at a lower cost.

7.) It's not raining and yet one guy has a raincover on his pack. WTH.

8.) Doug Phillips is a Tool.

9.) Something tells me that people who preach "dominion" is not abiding by the leave no trace philosophy. :(

10.) What do a bunch of guys who don't drink do at night? What do they discuss (are VF allowed sports?)

11.) San Antonio doesn't have a rock gym so anyone who was inspired to try something new doesn't have anywhere to train :(

You know my dad just left on Saturday for Afghanistan (for the 5th time). Somehow Doug Phillips is a tool calling his guided prance through the mountains a "Hazardous Journey" is slightly offensive this evening.

And no doubt in a you few years Doug will organize a VF event where he and all his manly men will dress up in military gear and re-enact the war in Afghanistan to show how it demonstrates the providence of God and some christian doctrine.

Wishing your dad a safe return.

Doug Phillips is a tool

Ooh, I love tofu! I'm in! I'll bring wine; I'm not much of a cook but you can't have too much wine at these things! Do we need plates and utensils? I'm on those. :)

Doug Phillips is a tool. Who has a teeny, tiny tool of his own.

From Doug's blog:

At night the sky was filled with the beauty of God’s handy work in the stars.

Is that anything like handiwork?

From a picture caption:

This was a great learning opportunity, as the guys climbed a new -- and intense -- mountain and got to experience first hand the care and use of rope and climbing operettas while belaying.

Pirates of Penzance? Naughty Marietta? :?

BRAB2.jpg

Somehow I don't think a "Hazardous Journey" involves several men hiking on a set trail after over-packing. In early September. Now, do that trip in July in an area known for sudden, violent thunderstorms or in January in an area known for blizzards, with the men carrying as little food, clothing, and the smallest tents they possibly can, for more than 4 days, far away from ANY sort of civilization... then I'll consider it hazardous.

I've gone on backpacking trips in the mountains before, but 1 night, and my boyfriend and I carried about 50 pounds TOTAL. It's not a very long hike, we could have gone both ways in less than a day, but we spent the night and the end of the trail anyway. I can't imagine a 1-day hike taking 4 days... then again, 60 lbs is a lot even for men bigger and stronger than I am and who are in much better shape, they probably had to rest every 5 minutes. Combine that with flower-picking, praying, and general toolishness and your hike is now 4 times longer than it should have been.

I may have sent future Mr. flojo the link, only to show him the hike, and suggest it might be one to put on our "one day" list (even though I am a weak woman, and should really take up embroidery, or macramé or singing songs about housework instead).

It really was ridiculous though. I can't comprehend how not one of them realize how feeble and ridiculous their attempts to prove their manliness, by doing activities that women outside their cult regularly participate in, look.

Promptly after that the Wham Ridge team began their ascent and the Naturalist team at BC began their day.

At least then we would see the Tool's tools.

I figure the 60 pound packs are because they're too cheap to get proper gear for the folks that are paying to go along, so everyone's got the big heavy walmart sleeping bag, and a pot from the thrift store, and canned food?

Archived