IGNORED

SAHD 'marry me' blogs

makepeace

Hi, I really enjoy reading the blogs by SAHDs which are basically advertisements of their homekeeping skills to potential husbands e.g. Meredith, Lina.

Can anyone recommend similar blogs? The ones I have been reading have now found husbands from their internet appeals (even though they pretend they blog to encourage other SAHDs blah blah). I think single fundie women put more effort into their blogs for this reason.

I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense. It's their way of actively looking for a husband and not looking like a brazen hussy at the same time.

I call them "Fundie Booty Call:"

Botkin sisters' "Visionary Daughters"

"Ah-the-Life"rs

"A Corner Pillar"

etc.

i don't care what they say about "seasons of singleness" -- their sole purpose is attracting fundie guys.

Delurking here (Hi!). On feelinfeminine . com is a whole blogroll with feminine, godly gals just waiting for a manly, godly knight.

Beware, some of them have terrible music!

I wonder what will happen to all these unmarried women. They are not all going to find husbands. I guess they will stay with Daddy while in their 30's, 40's, maybe 50's. Then when Daddy passes, what will happen to them. Will they go to a brother?

How very sad to be brought up that your only choice in life is to be a "helpmeet", wife, and mother, yet never marry.

I call them "Fundie Booty Call:"

Botkin sisters' "Visionary Daughters"

"Ah-the-Life"rs

"A Corner Pillar"

etc.

i don't care what they say about "seasons of singleness" -- their sole purpose is attracting fundie guys.

Agreed. Especially after Meredith hit the spousal jackpot.

I think that marriage is very transactional in the fundie world, and these blogs are essentially resumes. They want a marriage where the man essentially hires them to perform a very specific role. The man's role is mostly to provide money and to shelter the family. The proposal is a lot let getting an offer let for a job.

I think that marriage is very transactional in the fundie world, and these blogs are essentially resumes. They want a marriage where the man essentially hires them to perform a very specific role. The man's role is mostly to provide money and to shelter the family. The proposal is a lot let getting an offer let for a job.

This is spot on.

I've pretty much always seen these blogs as personal ads for godly husbands.

I wonder if it isn't sort of fundie population control, too. Most of these women come from families that are QF and/or teach that birth control is evil, so they will be expected to start having kids as soon as they are married. By waiting until they're halfway through their most fertile years, they can still have a child every couple years and can claim to be fully embracing the idea of a large family, while not having as many.

I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense. It's their way of actively looking for a husband and not looking like a brazen hussy at the same time.

Oh yes. The young women's group at the church where I grew up actually has a blogging workship aimed at college women and SAHDs (the SAHD movement is still a little controversial in Reformed circles and it's not unusual to find fundie guys in the PCA or RPC/OPC who want an educated wife). A vast chunk of the workshop deals with both attracting male interest and yet not defrauding. If I was a fundie girl now, I think I'd prefer blogging to the old method of having to be on the good side of the pastors and elders because they're basically your matchmakers.

Of fundie SAHD blogs, I actually like Bowl of Moss and Pebbles. Like Jasmine Baucham, Breezy seems a little different than the usual.

Jasmine, formerlly of Joyfully at Home is now at .allshehastosay.blogspot.com/

Although she's said in the past that she's not great marriage material becuase she's a minority, her dad is too intimidating and let's face she's smarter than most fundies. To the point where you wonder when she will wise up and stop drinking the kool-aid

Jasmine, formerlly of Joyfully at Home is now at .allshehastosay.blogspot.com/

Although she's said in the past that she's not great marriage material becuase she's a minority, her dad is too intimidating and let's face she's smarter than most fundies. To the point where you wonder when she will wise up and stop drinking the kool-aid

Her blog makes me want to vomit to say quite frankly too many reasons to pinpoint just one maybe because I disagree with her so much. She's drank enough Kool-Aid to spew a whole book of nonsense. She is smart but past the point of wising up she's enjoying her fundie life way too much or so she portrays. I think the whole point of these blogs is to convince themselves that they do like their lives like living with their parents.

In my opinion some have discovered that they don't actually like living with their parents but they will never tell you that so they see marriage as a way of out of the parents house and to do more grown up things. However they can't date but they have a blog that mimics a dating profile. They have cute little modest picture, food they baked, demonstrate desperateness and skills with children.

Oh yes. The young women's group at the church where I grew up actually has a blogging workship aimed at college women and SAHDs (the SAHD movement is still a little controversial in Reformed circles and it's not unusual to find fundie guys in the PCA or RPC/OPC who want an educated wife). A vast chunk of the workshop deals with both attracting male interest and yet not defrauding. If I was a fundie girl now, I think I'd prefer blogging to the old method of having to be on the good side of the pastors and elders because they're basically your matchmakers.

Of fundie SAHD blogs, I actually like Bowl of Moss and Pebbles. Like Jasmine Baucham, Breezy seems a little different than the usual.

And since so many fundies home-church, they don't even have the option of getting their pastor to play matchmaker, so it's especially useful to have a blog. Their only other chance to meet anyone is maybe at a homeschool conference or if their dad has a friend with sons of the right age.

Yes, I'm a fan of Breezy, too. Not that she's never rubbed me the wrong way, because she has, but she has brains and talent. And she's not alone. Jasmine is very bright. Lauren of A Corner Pillar takes beautiful photos and writes well. Bailey, of Big House in the Little Woods, is just a teenager, but shows extraordinary promise as a writer. These girls could be doing "so much more" than staying home until some fundie dude comes along.

It's not that I don't think the work they do at home has value, because it does. But it's not the only work they're capable of.

Thank you to everyone for the links posted here. I am still very new to the concept of SAHDs and am enjoying all the new reads!!

Archived