IGNORED

Tx. Judge warns of civil war if Obama is re-elected

Glass Cowcatcher

With secession, Texas and Oklahoma could play each other 12 times a year, plus compete in the Seccession Bowl! :lol:

Don't forget Free Republic and the Drudge Report for more right-wing slime.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so exasperated I say let the south secede. Just let them. I think the US would be way better off without them. Give all the crazies a chance to relocate there. Then they can secede.

They are a total drain on blue states. And then again and again they vote in favor of mega-corporations and against real people.

I apologize to any of our progressive southern friends, but enough is enough.

With secession, Texas and Oklahoma could play each other 12 times a year, plus compete in the Seccession Bowl! :lol:

Don't forget Free Republic and the Drudge Report for more right-wing slime.

Oh yes. More fish heads at the bottom of the barrel.

They are a total drain on blue states. And then again and again they vote in favor of mega-corporations and against real people.

I think it's more than just the people voting for them. TX at least invites them here, because of the low taxes/regulations, which creates a vicious cycle in trying to actually get any real reform done.

Well, you know, we're not here to snark on the fundies because they are unusually brilliant.

The only way I can figure they think it would be a legit civil war is that they think a small, liberal faction of the country pursues UN treaties like ending the death penalty and that rights of the child thing, and when we don't follow, that somehow gives the UN the right to invade.

But, like i said, they apparently can't do a damned thing about Syria, I doubt they could seriously invade the US.

I'm not 100% sure why they'd even want to. At least there would be some vague point in sorting Syria out...

I'd well join the UN army for the lulz, though. :lol: And the beret.

I'm not 100% sure why they'd even want to. At least there would be some vague point in sorting Syria out...

I'd well join the UN army for the lulz, though. :lol: And the beret.

I don't think the UN would seriously invade the USA. I just dont' think they have the manpower/firepower. It's just the fundy/conspiracy theory wing not wanting to play by the rules.

Yeah, I'm just poking fun at the concept really ;) I don't seriously think this would happen!

This would be our third try, and neither of the first two went well.

A very dear friend of mine who lived in Texas once told me that the only things "middle-of-the-road" in TX were yellow lines and dead armadillos.

But I've got to admit, I have always had a great time when visiting Texas.

Edit for grammar.

WTF? Just when I thought that I'd heard everything, Texas goes and provides some new lolz.

I think that the US should let Texas secede then bolt the bloody door when they do (allowing all FJ Texans out first of course).

Why would the UN ever want to take over America? It's got enough on its plate already, and can't manage that.

Oh, Wait. of course - it's another ploy by evil Russia and heathen China. Plus you can't trust those French at ANY price. Even the UK is dangerously liberal. And that's just the permanent members. These days it lets ANYONE in (Trans: people of colour)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Everyone's out to get the poor little old USA, and this guy is right in the firing line :violin: :violin: :violin:

Just as a matter of interest, if the southern states did secede and form a new Biblical, Baptist, Republican, Whites only, no Gays, no votes for women republic, which states do people reckon would go? And how economically viable would such an organisation be?

Why would the UN ever want to take over America? It's got enough on its plate already, and can't manage that.

Oh, Wait. of course - it's another ploy by evil Russia and heathen China. Plus you can't trust those French at ANY price. Even the UK is dangerously liberal. And that's just the permanent members. These days it lets ANYONE in (Trans: people of colour)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Everyone's out to get the poor little old USA, and this guy is right in the firing line :violin: :violin: :violin:

Just as a matter of interest, if the southern states did secede and form a new Biblical, Baptist, Republican, Whites only, no Gays, no votes for women republic, which states do people reckon would go? And how economically viable would such an organisation be?

I wonder too. However, the economy in Texas is extremely strong....so if you combine conservatism with unfettered capitalism, it seems pretty viable.

I have a question GC....the economy is on fire and there is a lot of money in TX now. Do you feel that it's all oil money, or do you feel that it is also coming at the expense of other things too (ie...cheap labor)?

WTF? Just when I thought that I'd heard everything, Texas goes and provides some new lolz.

I think that the US should let Texas secede then bolt the bloody door when they do (allowing all FJ Texans out first of course).

:text-+1:

I agree, total drain on the rest of the country. I no longer feel sorry for states like TX, Alabama, Mississippi or Georgia (I know there are other states that are just as ass-backward, but those are the only ones I remember). The majority of people must agree with the bullshit their state and federal elected officials enact since such officials keep getting elected over and over and over. and it's that whole Southern "We're not all like that" coy bullshit that gets on my nerves. So glad I don't live in the South anymore.

A politician could tell them, "I'm going to outlaw abortion in every case! That's right, we'll let a woman die rather than let her kill her baby inside. I'm also going to erradicate income tax for people that make more than $250K/year, repeal minimum wage, repeal the 40-hour work week, stop funding public education and stop funding Medicare. But you bet your ass there will be no more abortions!" And that person would win in a landslide.

I agree, total drain on the rest of the country. I no longer feel sorry for states like TX, Alabama, Mississippi or Georgia (I know there are other states that are just as ass-backward, but those are the only ones I remember). The majority of people must agree with the bullshit their state and federal elected officials enact since such officials keep getting elected over and over and over. and it's that whole Southern "We're not all like that" coy bullshit that gets on my nerves. So glad I don't live in the South anymore.

A politician could tell them, "I'm going to outlaw abortion in every case! That's right, we'll let a woman die rather than let her kill her baby inside. I'm also going to erradicate income tax for people that make more than $250K/year, repeal minimum wage, repeal the 40-hour work week, stop funding public education and stop funding Medicare. But you bet your ass there will be no more abortions!" And that person would win in a landslide.

The Republicans are trying to pass an amendment to the US Constitution that says exactly that, and I don't believe I deserve it.

There are a lot of right wing idiots in the South (hose beast!!!!) but also a lot of great people stuck in conservative Hades.

Alex Jones

Jerome Corsi

Jeff Rense

Coast to Coast AM

Infowars.com

Abovetopsecret.com

WorldNetDaily

Take your pick. 8-)

Coast to Coast AM was good when Art Bell hosted it. I liked to listen to it in the dark when they talked about UFOs and other weird stuff.

I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a war if the southern states decided to secede. You'd have a hard time getting people from the northern states to fight for the right to continue sending our tax dollars to Mississippi, Alabama, W. VA, KY, etc. My home state gets back $.88 for every dollar paid in federal taxes. MS gets $2.12 for every dollar they pay in. We could have a brief grace period where people who wanted to relocate north of the Mason-Dixon line could do so, and receive a relocation subsidy. After that, there'd be a values test for residency, perhaps like the one they administer in the Netherlands, where you have to watch a video that includes same-sex couples kissing and people frolicking on a nude beach. Not that the fundies would be pounding on the gates, demanding to be let in, not after we ban assault rifles and revoke tax-exempt status from the churches that get involved in politics.

I will come and visit. Can you keep the assault rifles though? You could just be really strict about where you could use them? :lol:

I don't think the UN would seriously invade the USA. I just dont' think they have the manpower/firepower. It's just the fundy/conspiracy theory wing not wanting to play by the rules.

As far as I knew, the UN troops were peacekeepers only and wouldn't take part in any offensive military action. Just in case the UN had decided to form an army reserve while I wasn't paying attention, though, I checked out the website, and nope - all troops, civilian and military, are called 'peacekeepers,' are recruited for service in a specific area and are trained specifically to serve in that area. http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/issues/military.shtml Here is what the troops are allowed to do, from the UN website:

UN military personnel can be called upon to:

Monitor a disputed border

Monitor and observe peace processes in post-conflict areas

Provide security across a conflict zone

Protect civilians

Assist in-country military personnel with training and support

Assist ex-combatants in implementing the peace agreements they may have signed

What I think the judge is saying is that UN troops would be sent in to quell any uprising by secessionist forces. But talking about offensive military action by a UN peacekeeping force is entirely silly and shows how little this judge knows about his subject.

To my dear, rational, progressive American FJ brethren: are these cray crays becoming more common in the US?? It seems every day there is another nutjob pontificating on some bizarre, absurd, backward and/or downright frightening scenario and it's accepted by a fair-size segment of the population.

What the hell is happening down there and can it be stopped?

What the hell is happening down there and can it be stopped?

Well, you know, we do have a (lowers voice) black president now, don't you?

His election drove the racists in this country even crazier than they had been before.

I have a question GC....the economy is on fire and there is a lot of money in TX now. Do you feel that it's all oil money, or do you feel that it is also coming at the expense of other things too (ie...cheap labor)?

I think the idea of a lot of "money" being here is an illusion. People may have more pocket money, but we don't have state income tax so social services are shit, and business regulations are very lax so many of the "jobs" do not come with many benefits.

Archived