IGNORED

The source of the number of the beast.

doggie

That seems somewhat draconian and invasive to me, but it's dumbfuckery to call it the mark of the beast.

That seems somewhat draconian and invasive to me, but it's dumbfuckery to call it the mark of the beast.

with kids it may be a very practical way to do it. no cards to keep track of no number to remember. I doubt they will sell it to the evil government.

with kids it may be a very practical way to do it. no cards to keep track of no number to remember. I doubt they will sell it to the evil government.

I'm cynical. There's been a lot of news lately about companies like Google selling data.

I'm cynical. There's been a lot of news lately about companies like Google selling data.

yes that's true. but I think we need to goto something that can't be forged. It would save so much money in frauds well for a bit anyway.

yes that's true. but I think we need to goto something that can't be forged. It would save so much money in frauds well for a bit anyway.

I won't be comfortable with it until the laws catch up with the internet and basically treat biological and personal information like physical property that you have the right to take out of databases.

we had a similar thing at my old workplace, for clocking on and off from work! It was a finger scanner that wasn't fingerprints but sensed your veins etc so only you could sign on and off for work, no one could do it for you..... does that mean I am marked with the number of the beast? :-o

Had to eye-roll at her eloquence though:

"As a Christian, I've read the Bible, you know go to church and stuff," Sonnier said.

:roll:

In my school, in the last year I was there, we used something like that (but with a fingerprint) to pay for meals. Before it was done with cards, but I had several replacements because I kept losing mine. Its really useful as its something you cant lose.

Vein scanning- that i'm not so squicky about. But i've heard of moves to implant a chip in people's hands or something to pay for stuff.... that FREAKS me the hell out for some reason.

And in this case, I tend to side with the employee, even though I wouldn't have the same qualms he does. http://www.openforum.com/articles/would-you-fire-someone-for-refusing-to-wear-a-666-sticker?intlink=us-openf-nav-ymal-manual This guy has a sincere belief that this would be either harmful to him, tempting demons and the like to invade him, or that it would be displeasing to God.

(and, yes, I'm aware that we have only a fraction of this story, based on an article I stumbled across)

The woman above who reads the Bible, and you know, goes to church and stuff, has equated Christianity with opposition to the diabolical government.

Since the child already has the veins being scanned, does that mean that God has already beast-marked us all?

Okay, so this whole thing seems kind of like overkill to me ... but anyone who opposes this because of some wacko "mark of the beast" nonsensical pseudo-Biblical reason is an idiot. What.

My dr's office uses these, and I was scanned three times as I went from the dr to the blood draw to the x ray. Dammit, I am going to hell now!

In my circle of friends, I do not know of a single one who is opposed to this because of "biblical" reasons (because, really, there is nothing in the bible about scanning. It is not the mark of the beast).

I'm more comfortable with vein scanning (which I've never heard of, and I'd like to know more about how it works) than computer chips. Again, though, not for any religious reasons.

Vein scanning- that i'm not so squicky about. But i've heard of moves to implant a chip in people's hands or something to pay for stuff.... that FREAKS me the hell out for some reason.

I agree! We already have veins... who cares? That actually sounds pretty neat to me! But... um... putting crap in my darn hand? UGH. No. Just... *shiver* NO.

If I had a child, I would not allow them to do it. They do all these things little by little to get you to think it is normal. Yes, I use a credit card, but using a credit card to buy things and someone scanning my palm or my iris in order to buy something or to get on an airplane etc is not normal. It is a form of control.

I remember back in the late 70s at my IFB church the pastor ranting about how ATM cards were the beginning of the slippery slope to the mark of the beast. I was afraid to get one. I finally did, even while I was still drinking the koolaid.

Eventually vein scanning will seem normal.

(Yikes! The pastor was right! Slippery slope! Slippery slope! Run! Hide! :lol: )

If I had a child, I would not allow them to do it. They do all these things little by little to get you to think it is normal. Yes, I use a credit card, but using a credit card to buy things and someone scanning my palm or my iris in order to buy something or to get on an airplane etc is not normal. It is a form of control.

I am fine with scanning existing personal features because it prevents fraud. I recently went through a process, which I have written about extensively on here, in which I was identified by my fingerprints. It is not a bad idea at all, what is more uniquely mine than my fingerprints?

I am not cool with implanting a chip under my skin. That just crosses so many lines to me. My body, my choice, etc.

Hey, Christian lady, if you made a lunch for your child, they wouldn't need to get their hand scanned. Problem solved.

Hey, Christian lady, if you made a lunch for your child, they wouldn't need to get their hand scanned. Problem solved.

Hell, the parents can opt the kids out of the scan, but she still wants to pull them out of school over it. Poor kids.

Archived