IGNORED

the Bates are on 20/20- which was the old nightline special

homeschoolmomma1

No that was the one on the way to Big Sandy, TX.

You can haggle over the price of anything if the person selling is willing to haggle. If a hotel isn't allowed to 'haggle' (due to corporate rules etc) then they'll tell you that up front. My own husband has asked if we can pay the regular price but have extra breakfast comps (they usually give only 4, and we need 8) and they have said 'sure, no problem' every time.

I watched the Bates 20/20 and was about to make a thread about this.

Anyways, I can't help but think of several scenes in this special.

*Gil haggling for a lower price for a hotel room. Are you allowed to do that?

*When she was asked how she could possibly spend one on one time with all her kids, Kelly ( is that her name? ) said that she homeschools her kids and stays home all day. Um...that kinda isn't answering the question. You have to teach all the kids at once. That isn't spending one on one time with each kid.

*The interviewer saying to the parents that not having the girls participate in the obstacle course and such the boys can do is kinda sexist. I don't remember what the Bates's answer was for that.

*The song about the joys of housework at the homeschooler's conference. That made me laugh.

*The Bates reuniting with the Duggars. I laughed when I saw the cameras. I was like "Of course there are cameras".

*How in 10 hours they hadn't even gotten out of Tennessee. My family has driven to Florida several times. In ten hours, we made plenty of milleage. We even went through Tennessee one time and it didn't take us that long to get out of there.

*The Bates aren't on wellfare, but they are quite happy with the eldest son paying for the groceries.

Kelly's answer to the sexist thing was that they would have to make that suggestion. Sure, Kelly, I can just picture you and Gil telling Gothard that any of his BS is sexist. "Hey, Bill, why not let the girls participate in ALERT Cadet activities this year and have the boys sing about housework?"

Archived