IGNORED

'waterboarding' parents...

dawbs

So this news article: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8766316

lead me to google the doctor's name.

Given the picture of the wife here, I'm *almost* sure that this is the same person (breaking link):

spiritualscientific.com/things_im_wrong_about

I'm still reading his stuff but...what the hell does this guy believe?

spiritualscientific.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/My_Life_A_Love_Story132221229.69145437.pdf

Oh he is a nutjobber. This is from the web page.

He has two daughters, Anna, age 9, and Melody Grace, (age 4). They are both joyous rainbows of light. He also has two estranged teenagers, an angry ex-wife, and two adult children who never speak to him, one who says "you are not my Dad". He also has an gifted and loving adult daughter and two extraordinary grandchildren, Baby Charlotte, and Tristan. And he has the world's greatest son-in-law. We include this to emphasize that we are real people, with real problems. We have road tested in our own sometimes chaotic lives everything we teach in our workshops.

the PDF 'story' is just...I'm so confused.

This is from the middle somewhere:

"Now if children are reading this story, I beg them to turn their heads, for what is to be written is

truly horrible. But for the adults, even those of a weak stomach, I beg you to read on, for only if

you read what happened next can you understand the wisdom of Brother Mike who ends the story. Brother Mike is an Enforcer in his Church, and a man of wisdom, but his Church, contrary

to most Churches, is not the Church of God, so we will not be surprised to learn of his final

healing words to this story.

Ah, you think I digress from my tale, but I do not. I am giving you the flavor of traveling alone

with the crying woman and two small children in a strange landscape guided by the falcon. For

from time to time, the falcon leaves us and circles and scouts what is ahead and then returns. So

it was with that last digression, I alert you, intrepid reader, that gruesome stuff is ahead, but all

will end happily with the word of a Christian Brother, Brother Mike, of the Church of the Ungod.

(Brother Mike belongs to the Unitarian Church, which the man interprets as being a Church of

the No God or Un God. Brother Mike actually collects money from the participants in the

Church, which the man interprets as being an Enforcer.)"

This heartbreaking trainwreck reminds me to stop reading the Comments sections of news sites. Several commenters say their own parents held them under faucets or under cold showers, and "don't know what the big deal is." One thinks dragging a child by the ankle across a gravel driveway="at least he's disciplining his kids." Another points out how horribly manipulative kids are, and that they pretty much deserve whatever a parent dishes out.

Oh he is a nutjobber. This is from the web page.

Well... Obviously he's doing something right if most of the people he is supposed to be/have been related too don't even want to speak to him and/or hate him.

I am very suspicious of people who have TWO estranged children. My dad is like that; two out of three of us do not talk to him. My dad is a criminal who deserves to be in jail for the rest of his life and may have committed murder (investigation ongoing). So any time I hear about someone whose kids hate them, that's what I compare them to. If one kid won't talk to you, it could just be a fluke or the kid could be the bad one. But if two of them want distance, maybe you're just a horrible person.

I am very suspicious of people who have TWO estranged children. My dad is like that; two out of three of us do not talk to him. My dad is a criminal who deserves to be in jail for the rest of his life and may have committed murder (investigation ongoing). So any time I hear about someone whose kids hate them, that's what I compare them to. If one kid won't talk to you, it could just be a fluke or the kid could be the bad one. But if two of them want distance, maybe you're just a horrible person.

Not just two estranged children, but two others who won't talk to him and one who refuses to acknowledge familial relationship. Basically one adult/almost adult of close relation who has maintained any type of connection to him, and that one person's own family, of 7... That tells me he is a complete prick, and perhaps should have been looked into a while ago.

So this news article: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8766316

lead me to google the doctor's name.

Given the picture of the wife here, I'm *almost* sure that this is the same person (breaking link):

spiritualscientific.com/things_im_wrong_about

I'm still reading his stuff but...what the hell does this guy believe?

spiritualscientific.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/My_Life_A_Love_Story132221229.69145437.pdf

Wow, that was hard to read! Talk about psychobabble! I haven't the slightest idea what he was trying to say.

Not just two estranged children, but two others who won't talk to him and one who refuses to acknowledge familial relationship. Basically one adult/almost adult of close relation who has maintained any type of connection to him, and that one person's own family, of 7... That tells me he is a complete prick, and perhaps should have been looked into a while ago.

Plus an 'angry ex-wife.' Because yeah, if 4 of your SEVEN children choose not to talk to you, and your ex-wife also hates your guts, it's clearly because she's just an angry, bitter bitch. It's clearly not your fault at all :roll: :roll: :roll:

The woman Angela from his web site is very interesting. She had a major brain bleed and was in a coma for several years. She has a blog called What Kind of Vegetable Am I, in reference to being called a vegetable by doctors and family while she was in the coma. She could hear them saying that.

Plus an 'angry ex-wife.' Because yeah, if 4 of your SEVEN children choose not to talk to you, and your ex-wife also hates your guts, it's clearly because she's just an angry, bitter bitch. It's clearly not your fault at all :roll: :roll: :roll:

6 kids, only one of who is speaking to dad, and ex-wife.

No, 7 kids- two who have no choice because they are minors living with him, but hopefully are now out of his custody, two teens by a first wife who won't talk to him, two adult children who won't talk to him, and one adult child who will talk to him.

I said four because the youngest two kids, while they don't talk to him, didn't choose that. Though I'm sure they would have...

But still, six of seven kids gone and an ex-wife who hates him? If you piss people off that badly, and you're accused of waterboarding one and dragging her down a gravel driveway... I don't think the problem is them.

Yeah, that's the impression I get too...based on the experiences I've seen about divorces/estranged kids

there is the other blog listed and to me it seems to be his current wife's

http://spiritualscientificDOTwordpress.com/

are these the same people? seem to me...

wow...http://spiritualscientificDOTcom/blog/2 ... y-to-tell/

spiritualscientific.wordpress.com/

spiritualscientific.com/blog/2009/01/18/i-have-an-important-story-to-tell/

When I read two news articles on this yesterday evening I literally vomited.

I hate that someone who steals a stereo can end up in prison for years, but that piece of shit animals like this man tend to get off with little or no jail time.

his excuse is that he was conducting experiments.

Police: Doc's waterboarding possibly an experiment

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268773/conten ... d=tzDjvkEm

DOVER, Del. (AP) - A Delaware pediatrician who achieved national recognition for his research into near-death experiences involving children may have been experimenting on his 11-year-old stepdaughter by waterboarding her, police said in court documents.

The possible link between Dr. Melvin Morse's research and the waterboarding allegations was revealed in an affidavit for a search warrant for Morse's computers. The document was obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press.

According to the affidavit, Dr. Melvin Morse brought the girl "to a possible near death state from the simulation of drowning."

"This 'waterboarding' that he has performed ... would fall into the area of study he practices," police said in the affidavit. "It is logical that he has therefore written about and/or researched the topic of 'waterboarding.'"

Not sure if you could classify this guy as a fundie, but I do see this as being consistent with fundamentalist teaching. If you believe in punishing your kids severely, and you have been told waterboarding is OK because the ends justify the means, then why NOT waterboard your kids?

Seriously the sickest thing I've heard in awhile.

Archived