IGNORED

Steve Maxwell Emailed Me....

anniebgood

Wait wait wait. I'm trying to find this article on their site and I see they've REMOVED all the 2008 Corners. Why did they remove only that year?

Not just that year either, they've selected only a very small sampling of their Corners. What's up with that?

Meanwhile, to the Wayback Machine!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait wait wait. I'm trying to find this article on their site and I see they've REMOVED all the 2008 Corners. Why did they remove only that year?

Not just that year either, they've selected only a very small sampling of their Corners. What's up with that?

Meanwhile, to the Wayback Machine!

They bundle up their corners into books to sell. Maybe they figure people are less willing to buy something they can get for free? We know the Maxwells are very stingy with their products. They condemn even second hand copies of their books because it means not paying them for it. As a small business, it is more costly to give out free stuff, but I sometimes think they border on stingy with their business.

But I'm a married woman conversing with God's mouthpiece.

He'll never have to worry about running into me at a convention, my kids are grown and we didn't homeschool, I'm an evil Lutheran which is Diet Catholic, and my husband is an agnostic.

I read current fiction, catch up on all the local and international news online and discuss it with my family, love the Green Bay Packers and dislike the LA Dodgers. Drink a little drink now and again.

And I sleep with a little 10 lb dog between my husband and I every night.

I'm too much a sinner for Steve. (And besides he looks like my Uncle Wayne who was as crazy as a shit house rat)

He's conversed via email with me, too, although he doesn't know it. Hi, Steve!! :happy-jumpgreen:

He's conversed via email with me, too, although he doesn't know it. Hi, Steve!! :happy-jumpgreen:

With every stroke of his keyboard, Steve is giving a way a piece of his heart. One minute it is an innocent email, next minute he is packing up Uriah and hitting the road.

It may be an accident since recently they completely changed their old blog. Their older corners that are in the books are still available online, as far as I know.

Didn't Steve make one of the boys give up a musical instrument because the kid liked playing it too much? I wish I could send Teri so decaffinated pepsi.

It's like she's talking about Heroin or weed or something instead of a soda... though I do believe that soda addiction is real and probably a lot worse for you than some things.

All I know is, ain't no savior ever coming between me and my Keurig. Da preccccious....

Wait, wait, wait. Time-out.

Steve has been conversing via e-mail, with a women he is NOT married to??????!!!????

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

It's okay, twin2, because mrsanniebgood is keeping it above reproach by letting all of FJ chaperone the notes. Nothing bad can happen with this many other adults in on the exchange.

It's okay, twin2, because mrsanniebgood is keeping it above reproach by letting all of FJ chaperone the notes. Nothing bad can happen with this many other adults in on the exchange.

But is Steve maintaining proper accountability on the other end? We just don't know.

I think mrsanniebgood needs to check with Teri. Steve has admitted in the past that because friendship with Teri caused him tom fall in love with her he doesn't feel that it's right to be on friendly terms withnother females when Teri isn't present.

I really wonder how the family gets their news, I recognize it is all filtered by Steve and he delivers his version to them. It's just strange to me, adults and kids not reading news and discussing issues over the dinner table. We had a local initiative in our schools to have each child receive a copy of the local paper every day. The newspaper gave a discount and I would always sponsor a years worth of newspapers for my daughters class when she was in school. We also had two other newspapers delivered to our home. Dinner at our house was lively discussions of a variety of topics. Those conversations lingered into the evening since the child did not get TV on school nights.

The entire Maxwell family live lives bereft of news, culture, music, art and science. I don't think any of them could make it in the real world.

Teri has addressed this before - I'll have to see if I can dig it up, I think it was a Mom's Corner, but basically they rely on word of mouth and seeing the headlines at the grocery store to get what's truly important. Their idea is that if it's big enough news, they'll come to hear about it without having to bring the negative poison of the news into their home. Because those newspapers sure are defrauding.

I think maybe FJ is becoming an idol to Steve. Maybe he won't think so for awhile and continue to "help us understand."

OK, surely this is not implying that Steve-o has a sense of humour?

/shocked

Oh Steve, a husband isn't just going to fall into Sarah's lap. She has to go out and find one. And if you're not going to let her do that, then you are going to have put the word out yourself.

Let me give you a few pointers; The Arndt family have a whole bunch of men that seem decent if a little stilted. Though I would imagine that stilted would suit you just fine. Yes, they are into sports, but at least that proves that they have a healthy lifestyle.

Sarah needs a man.

I will say this though, blimey they know how to remodel a house. Their colour scheme isn't mine but wow have they worked at that, and done a pretty good job.

I will say this though, blimey they know how to remodel a house. Their colour scheme isn't mine but wow have they worked at that, and done a pretty good job.

Just imagine what they could achieve together if Steve enjoyed sports, or chess, or violin playing.

All that pent up sexual energy is being put into the house remodeling.

Teri has addressed this before - I'll have to see if I can dig it up, I think it was a Mom's Corner, but basically they rely on word of mouth and seeing the headlines at the grocery store to get what's truly important. Their idea is that if it's big enough news, they'll come to hear about it without having to bring the negative poison of the news into their home. Because those newspapers sure are defrauding.

Yes. They long ago stopped reading the newspaper because it has "disturbing content" and things they didn't want their children to know about. The TV had long been the "Beast" so that was right out, and they don't listen to the radio news either.

They honestly seem to think that they will get BETTER serious news by just seeing what people are talking about at the market. Surely they're imagining 9/11 type events or the like, but I have to just laugh so hard because if the only way you get "news" is waiting to see what people are talking about at the market, you are far more likely to hear the tawdry details of completely irrelevant sex scandals and whatever the latest fear-mongering drivel that Rush and his ilk have come up with than any serious analysis about anything at all.

Take a newspaper Steve, or listen to some non-commercial news (if you're monolingual in English you can start with BBC/NPR/CBC).

If they're looking at headlines at the store, aren't they far more likely to see magazine covers blaring the (ungodly!) celebrity scandal du jour than they would if they just got a newspaper? I mean, if their local paper is too worldly for them, what do they expect to see at the store that would actually be acceptable?

When I have been in line at stores, I rarely hear people talking about big news events. Usually people talk about store products. When I'm at clothing stores, I sometimes chat with strangers about the clothes etc. At grocery stores, I've been in lines where people keep to themselves and are just waiting to check out. I sometims wonder about Steve and Terri's claims that they hear news in store lines. They probably do see certain news stories on magazines at the check out aisles. Sarah has said a few times that she is thankful that her parents have kept her sheltered. Let's say back in 2007, she was in line at the store after the Virgina Tech masscare, she might have seen a copy of People that talked about the the massacre and knowing her she would be so glad that her parents sheltered her.

All that pent up sexual energy is being put into the house remodeling.

Not to mention energy that could come from a need to exercise, play, laugh, learn, dance, get angry, or work (for the joy of it!) at something each individual chooses.

With every stroke of his keyboard, Steve is giving a way a piece of his heart. One minute it is an innocent email, next minute he is packing up Uriah and hitting the road.

:lol: :lol: Don't make me laugh, I just had oral surgery! Steve sounded almost human. For a second.

If they're looking at headlines at the store, aren't they far more likely to see magazine covers blaring the (ungodly!) celebrity scandal du jour than they would if they just got a newspaper? I mean, if their local paper is too worldly for them, what do they expect to see at the store that would actually be acceptable?

eq1Ji.jpg

Exactly. And people who talk about the news there in the line are going to be referencing those magazines and "can you believe that Lady Gaga?" more than anything else. "Liz Taylor had another divorce..." and so yeah I'm sure they have some warped image of secular people as basically living lives out of starlet mags.

I mean, they piously turn up their noses at the New York Times but assume that small talk at the supermarket by people standing next to the National Enquirer is going to fill them in. :roll:

eq1Ji.jpg

HA. If I saw the Maxwells FEATURED in the Weekly World News I'd have to think surely they can't be real, can they??? :D

Am I the only one in line who only ever says "Shit! I forgot the milk (or cheese or bread or whatever)!"

I've done that a few times.

Archived