IGNORED

Michael Johnson on Lolo Jones

OkToBeTakei

Juast heard MJ on BBC Olympic coverage asked why Lolo was such a famous athlete in the US. His reply...

'She went on a show and discussed her virginity'

Quite a WTF moment on BBC :lol:

Ugh. Really, athletes need to keep their sex lives to themselves. I don't want to hear someone's mother discussing his one night stands or an athlete talk about her untouched vagina. I watch the Olympics to see feats of athletic excellence and I watch interviews to hear about their training and their thoughts on the competition and their victory. I don't give a rat's ass who they choose or don't choose to sleep with. Some information is better off being kept to oneself.

Juast heard MJ on BBC Olympic coverage asked why Lolo was such a famous athlete in the US. His reply...

'She went on a show and discussed her virginity'

Quite a WTF moment on BBC :lol:

She did? I sure as hell didn't hear of it and I'm actually a fan of Lolo's.

But I don't give a flying fuck about the state of one's hymen (athlete or otherwise), or whether a guy has entered a deep cavern of some sort, depending on orientation. None of my, or anyone else's business, AFAIC.

I didn't even know Lolo was religious. I expect to hear more of that kind of thing from Allyson Felix, whom I also like until she opens her mouth. But as far as that sort of thing goes, Felix isn't nearly as bad as Gabby Douglas or, god forbid, Tebow. None of my examples are Tebowing. I'll give a pass on pointing skyward because many non-religious athletes have some sort of ritual they use to honor a parent/grandparent/sibling when they've done something special. Kerri Walsh is about as crunchy as they come, but she does a chest pound/point bit when she needs to fire herself up.

She did? I sure as hell didn't hear of it and I'm actually a fan of Lolo's.

But I don't give a flying fuck about the state of one's hymen (athlete or otherwise), or whether a guy has entered a deep cavern of some sort, depending on orientation. None of my, or anyone else's business, AFAIC.

I didn't even know Lolo was religious. I expect to hear more of that kind of thing from Allyson Felix, whom I also like until she opens her mouth. But as far as that sort of thing goes, Felix isn't nearly as bad as Gabby Douglas or, god forbid, Tebow. None of my examples are Tebowing. I'll give a pass on pointing skyward because many non-religious athletes have some sort of ritual they use to honor a parent/grandparent/sibling when they've done something special. Kerri Walsh is about as crunchy as they come, but she does a chest pound/point bit when she needs to fire herself up.

I read it on Yahoo. She is really proud of her hymen, and that is why she can't get a date...or some such nonsense!

Okay, okay. I never said it didn't happen, I just said I hadn't heard of it. Either way, I'm not even going to bother clicking on the links.

She's a pretty lady; maybe she should look inside to discover why she doesn't have a boyfriend.

Not to get all medical but I'm wondering if running hurdles for years could have broken her hymen already. Would suck to be so proud of it.

But that's why it's a stupid "test" for virginity.

Okay, okay. I never said it didn't happen, I just said I hadn't heard of it. Either way, I'm not even going to bother clicking on the links.

She's a pretty lady; maybe she should look inside to discover why she doesn't have a boyfriend.

I offered you the link so you could see what we were talking about. If you don't want to see it, no problem, but you don't have to be an asshole about it. :roll:

Not being an asshole. I was actually attempting (but apparently failing) to say I believed it without proof. I am a busy person and missed a lot of the track season leading up to the Olympics this year. No biggie.

FWIW, if I was going to be an asshole about it, I would have thrown in an eyeroll of my own. Not doing so, I assumed my post would be read "straight." Thanks for the effort to find the links. :D (seriously)

Back OT, agreed that her hymen is likely a thing of years gone by. She's jumped a ton of hurdles. :o

Not being an asshole. I was actually attempting (but apparently failing) to say I believed it without proof. I am a busy person and missed a lot of the track season leading up to the Olympics this year. No biggie.

FWIW, if I was going to be an asshole about it, I would have thrown in an eyeroll of my own. Not doing so, I assumed my post would be read "straight." Thanks for the effort to find the links. :D (seriously)

Back OT, agreed that her hymen is likely a thing of years gone by. She's jumped a ton of hurdles. :o

My apologies. I definitely misread your post "tone".

Archived