IGNORED

Old Timey Television

nomoxian

I think that was the Runaway Caboose episode with the Edwards kids. They were a big part of the storyline in the early seasons but then John cheated on Mary with some girl he met at school in Chicago and that ended that. Also the Edwards family went bust when most of the town went bust and had to move. But for some reason they didn't move with the rest of the main cast to Winoka. I think Victor French took some sort of break from the show or something. It was too bad because I really loved him.

What are some of your favourite episodes? Has anyone read Melissa Gilbert's or Alison Angrim's autobiographies? I read both. MG's is interesting but LHOTP only makes for a few chapters of it. Alison's has a lot more stories about Little House and is surprisingly funny.

It seems like the show turned...less interesting and kind of went down hill in season 9, but I've still seen all of them and the movies.

Random things: It's weird how Micheal Landon made such great television yet his son became a conservative Christian and made horrible lifetimesque movies.

I noticed Karen Grassle on a commercial the other day. It might have been for scooters but I can't recall. It was something older people would use.

I watched some of it on youtube and it kind of makes me want to vomit now. It never compared to the book series but I liked the early ones a lot when I watched it - ones which stick out in my mind include the one where someone called Julia died and Mr Edwards took her kids, one where Laura and Mary bought medicine for the reverand's birthday (can't remember the story there), the one where Ellen died, one where this woman didn't have a house so everyone shunned her or something and a hilarious one where Carrie was the size of a penny.

I remember the one where Mary went blind and a crap one with some Russian people. I remember not buying that the Russian family spoke English to each other when they were just by themselves.

It's hilarious and depressing at the same time when you look at comments on youtube and people are stupid enough to think that that was what life was like then. Because we all know how accurate a sugared up TV show is.

My favourite episodes were the ones with Nellie being a brat. SPOILER ALERT! I forgot the name of the girl the Oelsons adopted later on in the series, but I liked those too. I think my favourite one was where a girl was lured into the ice house, or when Nellie had a tantrum and smashed her dollhouse.

I sense most people don't like the addition of Albert (I could take or leave him) but I did like the part where he was addicted to drugs.

Archived