IGNORED

Joe's House

Daisy4

Is there a link showing the listing for J's house I am missing?(I saw the pics on their blog, but the "this is the house" wording above makes me think a link is somewhere I am not seeing it.

http://www.leavenworth.kansasgov.com/pa ... unLev1.asp follow this link and under name type in Maxwell, and then under Property Class choose Residential. That's how I found it, then I just put the address into google maps.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be his because it you get directions from his house to Ma&Pa Maxwell's home, it fits within the "within 1 mile" range they mentioned on the blog.

Thanks for the easier link....I couldn't get any of the .kansasgov.com links to work properly on here. :cry:

I guess my link worked because I just pasted the link to the form instead of the results? Oh well, results regardless!

I guess my link worked because I just pasted the link to the form instead of the results? Oh well, results regardless!

Probably. I generally only get to enjoy my FJ time at night, and I get Internet-dumb at night.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/20 ... f-nothing/

Yup, the Almighty came through again for the Maxwells!!!111!!

Joseph is the grateful recipient of a fridge/freezer, a washer and dryer, a full-size bed with a beautiful mirror headboard, a dresser, and an upright freezer (soon to be coming). We are thrilled!

Rejoicing with Joe and Elizabeth - happy times ahead and with a mirrored headboard on the bed too.... :whistle:

Purchasing the house debt-free must have left Joseph with no money to buy furniture or appliances. :|

They painted all the walls white. Does Elizabeth get to help choose paint colors, or does everything have to stay bland and sterile? I would hate having to sit back from afar and watch all my in-laws working on the house I was going to live in, and not get to do any of it myself!

Purchasing the house debt-free must have left Joseph with no money to buy furniture or appliances. :|

They painted all the walls white. Does Elizabeth get to help choose paint colors, or does everything have to stay bland and sterile? I would hate having to sit back from afar and watch all my in-laws working on the house I was going to live in, and not get to do any of it myself!

The whole thing is creepy, not just the house.

I don't know.....I think ANY young couple with little money would be grateful for free appliances--even if not the current color. They could then save to pay cash for replacements. Not every young couple can afford their dream home all at once. As for paint colors--maybe she wants to live in it first to see what she'd like. Or, maybe thats just the primer paint? And a free bed doesn't have to be in the master bedroom.

I'm afraid I'm actually happy for them and if it was my kid getting all that I'd say "shut up and be grateful" and save your money till you can afford what you really want!

Yes, the "full-size bed" concerns me, although like Hopewell said it might not be intended for their own bedroom once they are married. A "full" is smaller than even a double, so we are not talking a king- or queen-sized mattress. While Elizabeth seems quite petite, and Joe isn't huge, either, I think starting their marriage in a full-size bed might be a little too "cozy" for most folks.......feel free to correct me if my bed-size definitions are misguided! :)

I sleep on a Cal-king because my husband is average NBA tall-ish. One of my feline headships sleeps at the foot by my feet because I am short and that is the only free spot.

"full" is often used for double. Normal in my neck-of-the-woods. They did say they were priming the walls first so the white paint is likely just primer.

Guest Anonymous

I think used appliances are great; I am just appalled by the narrow world view that causes them to write such self-satisfied crap about how the appliances are a reward from God for following his path.

I am also amused by the mirrored headboard supplied to a couple who will barely have been allowed to look at themselves naked in a mirror, let alone at each other..... :lol:

Yes, the "full-size bed" concerns me, although like Hopewell said it might not be intended for their own bedroom once they are married. A "full" is smaller than even a double, so we are not talking a king- or queen-sized mattress. While Elizabeth seems quite petite, and Joe isn't huge, either, I think starting their marriage in a full-size bed might be a little too "cozy" for most folks.......feel free to correct me if my bed-size definitions are misguided! :)

I sleep on a Cal-king because my husband is average NBA tall-ish. One of my feline headships sleeps at the foot by my feet because I am short and that is the only free spot.

Mr. Burps and I had a full sized bed when we first lived together (and someone even died in it!); he's 6'3" and, though it certainly wwas "cozy", it worked for the first couple of years. Nowadays we have a king, but we got it used, too--at least no one died in this one!

At least it's only primer...the Maxwells are so weird I figured colored paint would be out of the question - too vibrant, you know. :) I still hope Elizabeth gets to choose some things she likes.

I agree with whoever said it must be bizarre for Elizabeth to watch all of this from afar. Only the Maxwells would think it was normal to carry on with this process as if she didn't even exist.

I'm hoping that the "bed" was just the skeleton (head/footboard, possibly a box spring), and that they'll get a new mattress. The thought of sleeping on someone's sweat and dead skin cells night after night... :puke-left:

http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/07/13/that-ye-may-have-lack-of-nothing/

Yup, the Almighty came through again for the Maxwells!!!111!!

Rejoicing with Joe and Elizabeth - happy times ahead and with a mirrored headboard on the bed too.... :whistle:

A mirror headboard??? :o What's next? "Joseph is a grateful recipient of pink fluffy handcuffs and a vibrating duck. Elizabeth rejoiced upon hearing this thrilling news."

free bed? was it used? ... that freaks me out. :shifty: *germaphobe here*

Ever slept in a hotel?

Second hand beds might sound icky but if you've ever slept in a hotel, then you've slept in a bed that was used the night before by a stranger. It's only the same thing really. As long as the bed is clean and the previous owners used mattress protectors, it should be fine.

I'm hoping that the "bed" was just the skeleton (head/footboard, possibly a box spring), and that they'll get a new mattress. The thought of sleeping on someone's sweat and dead skin cells night after night... :puke-left:

Oh I don't know. If the 'lady that was moving' Was a :shock: Lesbian :shock: I'd be fairly amused.

I had a previous relationship that was exactly like that!

As to the furniture, I am well into adulthood and the only furniture I actually own is a crummy bookcase and an IKEA desk chair and a tv stand. Mr Snowe added a really good mattress and an IKEA bookcase. If I were doing the furnish-a-house-from-scratch thing, I'd take anything halfway decent and not bug-infested, and add my own mattress (or splurge on a new one if necessary).

On the other hand, it would be nice if Elizabeth had a say in ANYTHING, but I really hope she'll be allowed to keep her personality and decorate the place.

I'm thinking they'll make little curtains to cover the mirror on the headboard (think bus curtains here). Certainly it would be a huge sin to watch themselves having sex in their used bed. Blech.

Archived