IGNORED

Joe's House

Daisy4

I know I can't be the only one who is wondering how much Joseph spent on his "debt free" house. I've been searching property sites like zillow since they announced the purchase and I haven't been able to find a single recently sold house in that whole area. Has anyone else had any luck or am I the only one obsessed enough to be looking?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious too, but I'm wondering if zillow would be updated that quickly.

No infor on what he paid or where it is, but I did find current listeings

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom ... 000/sqft-2

There's quite a variety available under $100k at this time in Leavenworth.

Check out the very last listing for a two-story at $19k, real fixer-upper, Joseph & crew hauled out all plumbing so his house might not have been a lot better than the 2-story, who knows?

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but since it's public information...? I am always curious about house prices, too, so I use the county's property appraiser. Usually I can find out all the details there, but for Leavenworth I guess you have to have an account. However, there is a public page that lists basic info. If he is Joseph H. Maxwell, the house he bought was appraised at 90k. Maybe this link works?: http://www.leavenworth.kansasgov.com/pa ... taLev1.asp (not broken because it's a public government site)

Eta: Hm, that link doesn't work....If you go to http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com ... nworth.htm, then property search, then click on the public parcel search and type in his name, it should come up.

So glad I am not the only one who wasted too much time trying to find Joseph's house! I was on zillow right away and was unable to find anything that could maybe be the one. However, I think the blog mentioned that the house was just listed when Joseph called on it-as in within an hour of the listing, I believe. Or could it have been found on craigslist? I checked lots of houses around the area, but nothing matched. I was bummed.

I bet Joseph has some girl in mind to court. Why else would he buy a house he will not live in? I can't see him renting out the house because that would necessitate contact with people outside his family. Unless Steve would handle that for him. I think he wants to get married. What poor girl will marry into that family next?

Oooh I was hoping someone here with a real estate license or something could look it up!!!

Do you think Joseph can live there on his own without having a lady to court or does he have to stay at home? I am betting that even if Sarah saved up money from her special-ladies-only-tutoring from the OneTonRamp that she could not live outside of the home.... (Who on earth would make her decisions, after all??)

Sarah's post said that Joseph will continue to live at home until the Lord calls him to marriage. Why buy the house now if he is not planning marriage? Will he really fix it up and just let it sit, possibly for years?

Sarah's post said that Joseph will continue to live at home until the Lord calls him to marriage. Why buy the house now if he is not planning marriage? Will he really fix it up and just let it sit, possibly for years?

they are just weird enough to do this. i can't imagine having bought and fixed up a house of my own all to go back and live with my parents so i can live under the power of daddy's almighty dong.

Chris did. I think he had his house for around 3 years before he was married. Guess he's a late bloomer. He would have been in his late 20's when he bought the house, then 31 (or so) when he married.

I know I can't be the only one who is wondering how much Joseph spent on his "debt free" house. I've been searching property sites like zillow since they announced the purchase and I haven't been able to find a single recently sold house in that whole area. Has anyone else had any luck or am I the only one obsessed enough to be looking?

Joseph bought a house Thursday! It is exciting to see how the Lord brought it all together.

Because 'the lord' mediated, not the ' real estate agent'. Is that so hard to understand????

I wonder if its because Joseph paid cash for the house that it was taken off the listing so quickly? I have never known anyone who paid cash for a house so I have no idea. I really want to see the before and after pics.

"Each one has taken this goal seriously, working to save their money and praying about the house the Lord would have for them. Nathan, in 2001, bought his home. Christopher, in 2009, bought his home. Joseph, now in 2012, has also bought his."

Chris got married in October 2010. So Joseph definitely has some girl in mind.

Ohmeohmy - it's definitely this house! If you look on the google maps and compare with this two pics(titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/DSC_3293.jpg and titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/DSC_34001.jpg ) you see it's the right one. At least Joseph managed to get 0.7 miles away from Stevie. He's done better then Nathan and Chris.

"Each one has taken this goal seriously, working to save their money and praying about the house the Lord would have for them. Nathan, in 2001, bought his home. Christopher, in 2009, bought his home. Joseph, now in 2012, has also bought his."

I think there is a courtship in the works, but the Maxwells are being quiet about it for awhile.

WTF? So Chris didn't have a humble abode in mind when he was courting that one girl who works for Gothard but broek the courtship and got away (the one who travels now and dresses cute)???? Christopher Defrauder!!!!! Or was he thinking of having her and him live in his room under Steve's roof? ETA also, rose240, nice work!

I think there is a courtship in the works, but the Maxwells are being quiet about it for awhile.

Would the Maxwell's ever allow a Duggar/Maxwell courtship?

Would the Maxwell's ever allow a Duggar/Maxwell courtship?

I wouldn't think so. Steve hates all television and does not listen to the news on the radio or read newspapers. He thinks that if there is a national emergency they will find out in the grocery store check out line. The Duggars are on tv, and actively involved in politics. They might also keep up with some current events and are not agaist going to sporting events or musical events. I wouldn't wish any of the Duggar girls on a Maxwell boy, unless he left the nest (much further than 0.7 miles). A Maxwell girl marrying into the Duggar clan would certainly be going up on the fun-factor scale. Sarah is quite a few years older than JD or Joseph Duggar, but Anna would be an okay age for JD, Mary would suit Joseph for age.

Is there a link showing the listing for J's house I am missing?(I saw the pics on their blog, but the "this is the house" wording above makes me think a link is somewhere I am not seeing it.

There is no direct link, but if you follow the instructions given by ohmeohmy after clicking on the second link, you can find it. Clear as mud, right?

Holy Smokes, I knew I recognized that house. I lived on the next street over growing up. Additionally, I had several friends that lived on the same street as the compound.

Maybe he will fix it "enough" then rent it out for income until Steve decides he can marry?

Wow. Just checked their blog. She actually took time to tell us she was getting ready to get crushed ice...........it must truly suck to live their life! Ice is a big enough moment to blog on--very, very telling.

Archived