twin2

I kind of get what they mean about the babies looking like boys or girls. I think some babies look like their gender and some look totally neutral, regardless of how you dress them. It's possible that Christina would like girly even dressed in blue overalls and if you put Joshua in a dress he'd still look like a wee boy.

Not that the Maxwell's would ever do that, just saying.

It looks like both sets of parents use cloth nappies. I wonder if that's for monetary reasons, or what.

I cannot tell boy from girl babies without hair and clothing cues (or, you know, if the diaper is off). I can't tell 8-year-old boys from 8-year-old girls without hair and clothing cues (or maybe unless precocious puberty has set in). Sometimes people will say a little boy with long hair looks girly and I don't get it at all---it's all about the secondary sex characteristics, and they don't set in until puberty.

Lucky Elizabeth, she get to help choose the colors long distance! Can't she even visit to help with the decore?!? :roll:

Don't forget, Joe is thinking ahead. He need to space above the cabinets for his future SAHD's to dust. He's got to keep them busy while he joins his older brother on Facebook! :lol:

Lucky Elizabeth, she get to help choose the colors long distance! Can't she even visit to help with the decore?!? :roll:

Don't forget, Joe is thinking ahead. He need to space above the cabinets for his future SAHD's to dust. He's got to keep them busy while he joins his older brother on Facebook! :lol:

Hey, she is lucky,she gets to at least pick colors. Christopher bought his parents house and all Anna got to do was scrub her MIL's old cabinets and call them her own. I think she may have chosen a wall color because I do remember a pic. of her and C on the steps painting.

I don't think C had the $$ Joe seems to have because I only remember painting and cleaning when Anna and her fam came for a visit.

I am going to guess as the house is almost finished her family will come to see all the working the strapping Maxwells have done for their daughter. They will be grateful their SIL was so thoughtful he let E have a say on the tile colors.

They really are working fast. They have to be putting in 12 hours a day on that house at the rate they are getting things done. I could use John about now, we are in the middle of a remodel and my husband is doing all the work. John seems to work nonstop and fast, where as my husband can only work in the evenings after work and on weekends.

They really are working fast. They have to be putting in 12 hours a day on that house at the rate they are getting things done. I could use John about now, we are in the middle of a remodel and my husband is doing all the work. John seems to work nonstop and fast, where as my husband can only work in the evenings after work and on weekends.

Don't let your headship know! :o

A celebration? Isn't that a little too close to being fun?

And they are not items; they're events. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I cannot tell boy from girl babies without hair and clothing cues (or, you know, if the diaper is off). I can't tell 8-year-old boys from 8-year-old girls without hair and clothing cues (or maybe unless precocious puberty has set in). Sometimes people will say a little boy with long hair looks girly and I don't get it at all---it's all about the secondary sex characteristics, and they don't set in until puberty.

THIS!! This pisses the fuck out of me. My son has "long" hair and I get this all that time. The back of his hair is just below his shoulders (and if the curls straightened out it would be) and his bangs are between his nose and lip. It's not a hair cut or a hair style. It's just the way his hair as naturally grown and I'm too sentimental about it to cut it. But people make a big deal about it - including his father. It's so fucking annoying. I mentioned this elsewhere, but my son loves polo shirts. (He will dig through clothes until he finds a polo and tell me he's wearing that) He wears polos and shorts/pants while my daughter (who has much longer and straight hair) wears dresses. Because she's a princess or a fairy. Yet people still make comments about "the girls".

Of course it doesn't help that my daughter asked to get her nails painted and then my son wanted his done, too. His dad freaked. "I don't want him learning that" Learning what? He's two; who fucking cares?! Letting his hair grow out and putting green nail polish on so he doesn't feel left out when his sister gets some isn't going to turn him into some cross dressing gay man. Seriously. :angry-screaming:

rant over

It looks to me like the glasses they are drinking from are those plastic kind. I can only remember seeing those at places like a buffet. All of your OCharleys, Applebees, Red Lobster type places use real glasses. A Denny's type place might use the plastic ones. I think even Ihop uses real glasses though. All that to say, I don't think the "items" they were celebrating by going "out-to-eat" warranted a very nice place!

For a unisexually-dressed 8-year-old, I can usually tell the difference by the child's voice, body language, and mannerisms. But that doesn't always work, either. Which reminds me of the time my sister was watching a rerun of "Who's the Boss." One of the nieces, who was about four years old at the time, came into the room, took one look at little Danny Pintauro, and asked my sister, "Is that a boy or a girl?"

While it's no Great Muffin Switcheroo, I am so pleased that Jesus blessed the tile.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

While it's no Great Muffin Switcheroo, I am so pleased that Jesus blessed the tile.

The great muffin switcheroo?? Is this another Maxwell tale of yore?

The great muffin switcheroo?? Is this another Maxwell tale of yore?

Rebecca!!!11!!1!1!111!1!!!!!! She substituted chocolate chips for blueberries (or maybe it was the other way 'round) and Jesus blessed it so everything came out okay.

ETA: Beaten by thoughtful by only a minute.

Rebecca!!!11!!1!1!111!1!!!!!! She substituted chocolate chips for blueberries (or maybe it was the other way 'round) and Jesus blessed it so everything came out okay.

ETA: Beaten by thoughtful by only a minute.

I wanted to re-read the thread myself.

Read, enjoyed, now have "Do You Know the Muffin Man?" running through my mind. :D

I wanted to re-read the thread myself.

Read, enjoyed, now have "Do You Know the Muffin Man?" running through my mind. :D

Oh for fucks sake. In my opinion if there is a god it gave humans a big brain so they could take care of themselves of a day-to-day basis while it was off taking care of more important things.

Only for the Maxwells can choosing tile be exciting.

I can't tell girl babies apart from boy babies, or really boys from girls with clothing or hair cues until puberty. Of course, since these are Maxwells, they've got to teach the boy babies to be the manliest men ever and the girl babies to keep sweet and be helpmeets as early as possible. You'd think that for something they claim is natural they wouldn't need as much indoctrination.

I call bullshit on the boyish and girly crap. Like everything else in Maxwell land, saying it over and over will not make it so. These people are so indoctrinated into the religion of Steve they can't see through the window.

Never had kids myself, but I have a large family with lots of kids and friends with kids and I've spent my share of time with babies. At one month, if you can tell gender without taking the diaper off (never mind the clothes their parents put them in) you are a sorcerer and that goes against god and his bible.

THIS!! This pisses the fuck out of me. My son has "long" hair and I get this all that time. The back of his hair is just below his shoulders (and if the curls straightened out it would be) and his bangs are between his nose and lip. It's not a hair cut or a hair style. It's just the way his hair as naturally grown and I'm too sentimental about it to cut it. But people make a big deal about it - including his father. It's so fucking annoying. I mentioned this elsewhere, but my son loves polo shirts. (He will dig through clothes until he finds a polo and tell me he's wearing that) He wears polos and shorts/pants while my daughter (who has much longer and straight hair) wears dresses. Because she's a princess or a fairy. Yet people still make comments about "the girls".

One of my younger brothers has a very feminine face - or rather, he looks like our mom in the face. So when he wore his hair long as a teen, he could get mistaken for a girl (aside from the few times he deliberately dressed as one for kicks).

She probably is lucky, otherwise they'd have her sitting in her skirt, in the dirt, pulling nails with CinderAnna.

Of course it doesn't help that my daughter asked to get her nails painted and then my son wanted his done, too. His dad freaked. "I don't want him learning that" Learning what? He's two; who fucking cares?! Letting his hair grow out and putting green nail polish on so he doesn't feel left out when his sister gets some isn't going to turn him into some cross dressing gay man. Seriously. :angry-screaming:

rant over

I paint my son's nails (he's 3) when I paint my daughter's for that exact same reason, it's a bonding time for us. I don't force it on him and he likes it. Right now he has pink toenails and orange fingernails. One of the boys at swim lessons tried to say something about his painted toenails and my son was like, "I don't care if you like it, I do!" I'm so proud of him.

I paint my son's nails (he's 3) when I paint my daughter's for that exact same reason, it's a bonding time for us. I don't force it on him and he likes it. Right now he has pink toenails and orange fingernails. One of the boys at swim lessons tried to say something about his painted toenails and my son was like, "I don't care if you like it, I do!" I'm so proud of him.

Well, I have to admit, I'm not the one who did it. I don't have nail polish. We were at my parents house for our Sunday family dinner and my mother did it. But still. He asked for it. And he likes it so who cares. Sadly, I think his dad is one of those "I have no problem with gay people but I don't want my son gay bc that makes me failure" kind of person :( He also feels this need to keep the family line going. Our son is his only son. And he is his father's only son. And my ex's father is the only boy to have had a son. So my son really is the last in the line to keep his great grandfather's lineage. (Now I think that's bullshit but that's another story) So I think that plays into the "failure" idea. I don't know. And I don't care. I'm the primary parent and if he wants his nails painted, he's getting them painted.

Archived