IGNORED

Not getting enough sex? Let Lori and the holy spirit

He could always fuck the horse Lori rode in on.

Sorry, nothing new to add; I just wanted to see this again because AWESOME!!! And I L'ed out L.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You *wonder* if she exagerates? Oh, please. Her "neck pain" is the only thing she can control in her life. As she's said, if her husband says to clean the bathroom, she must clean the bathroom. Immediately. (And that's what you should be doing, too, you know).

Have you noticed that her neck always seems to act up during a major family event, like a graduation or a close friend's wedding or a party she is throwing for her daughter? Those are times that can cause stress to a family, and I'm sure Ken acts like an even bigger jerk, and she is so busy submitting right and left that --voila! -- her neck pain acts up.

Remember when Lori took that "agonizing" car ride to San Fran, where they stopped every half hour to buy frozen peas for her neck, and she still couldn't make it to her son's graduation? Well, in that same post is a picture of her having fun with her friends at the same graduation. And in the same post, she points out how lovely the hotel was. My feeling was, she just turned on her neck pain for the day of graduation, because it was so fraught with stress/anger/resentment/confusion that she needed to opt out.

I thought that was a bit telling. I agree she needed to opt out of the graduation. I wonder if she partially avoided the graduation because her son went to a liberal dental school.

but then I notice that a lot of men see sex as stress relief, whereas more women (including myself) cannot relax and enjoy sex if they're too stressed.

OMG, truer words have never been spoken (at least, they're true of me and my headship, who despite his foibles is a great deal more sensitive than this Ken).

I need to read Lori's blog. She comes up here a lot, and I don't know a thing about her.

Honestly the only other thing I know about this woman is that she sleeps naked with her husband. I was going to say fuck you Lori but I think she needs to exercise her right NOT to be fucked.

When her neck hurts, she does sleep in a separate bed (lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/06/separate-bedrooms). And she goes to bed much before he does. I guess those two things help her get out of her sex "obligation". :shhh:

yay lori

way to turn the clock back a couple of hundred years

because of course a mans mighty sex drive and penis cannot be denied (Its a NEED! you know)

while a woman just gets to submit to it, because hey, what stake does she have in it anyway, its not like her participation and enjoyment of the process matter - in fact if shes a godly woman she has no desires at all

Self hating much?

I don't think Lori hates women so much. I do think she hates herself though. And all her loathing over her marital situation comes across as hatred towards women.

I need to read Lori's blog. She comes up here a lot, and I don't know a thing about her.

You may want to have paramedics standing by, you'll turn it into a drinking game before long.

In the interest of saving lives*, may I present the Semi-Official Lori Alexander Drinking Game:

Take one sip for every recipe, two if it claims to be a "healthier" replacement for another recipe. Take a bonus sip for every mind-numbingly obvious step she includes anyway. Take another if she mentions Ken.

Take a sip every time she brings up pain, misfortune, or illness, then turns it into a humblebrag about Jesus.

Take a sip every time she blames "leftists", "secularism", technology, big government, gays, universities, dating, or women for a made-up problem.

Take a sip every time her rationale for a decision is "Ken told me to/not to".

Take a sip every time she lies about a scientific fact in order to promote her agenda.

Take a shot every time she touts child abuse as the proper way to raise your offspring. This includes force-feeding, teaching your children to fear you, working your children like slaves, depriving your existing children so you can have more and more, and spanking infants. Take THREE shots when she mentions the Pearls.

Bonus Round: Take a shot every time you gag.

*You see, this is a properly regimented solution! Left to your own devices you might just down a whole handle.

i really wonder if Lori reads here.

I HAD to post a comment (that she'll never publish) encouraging her to learn the differences and proper uses of there, their, and they're. I also let her know her poor grammar and spelling concerned me as she home schooled her children and should know the basics.

Here's a thought. Following Lori and Ken's logic on sex in a marriage, if Lori was in a long-term coma and thus unable to consent to sex would it be ok for Ken to just jump on top of her in her hospital bed? Is that part of the marriage contract?

OMG, truer words have never been spoken (at least, they're true of me and my headship, who despite his foibles is a great deal more sensitive than this Ken).

Really? Not me! I defnitely see sex as stress relief, and if I can't have it, I get myself off. And if that's not an option I get more stressed out.

You may want to have paramedics standing by, you'll turn it into a drinking game before long.

In the interest of saving lives*, may I present the Semi-Official Lori Alexander Drinking Game:

Take one sip for every recipe, two if it claims to be a "healthier" replacement for another recipe. Take a bonus sip for every mind-numbingly obvious step she includes anyway. Take another if she mentions Ken.

Take a sip every time she brings up pain, misfortune, or illness, then turns it into a humblebrag about Jesus.

Take a sip every time she blames "leftists", "secularism", technology, big government, gays, universities, dating, or women for a made-up problem.

Take a sip every time her rationale for a decision is "Ken told me to/not to".

Take a sip every time she lies about a scientific fact in order to promote her agenda.

Take a shot every time she touts child abuse as the proper way to raise your offspring. This includes force-feeding, teaching your children to fear you, working your children like slaves, depriving your existing children so you can have more and more, and spanking infants. Take THREE shots when she mentions the Pearls.

Bonus Round: Take a shot every time you gag.

*You see, this is a properly regimented solution! Left to your own devices you might just down a whole handle.

Awesome. I would like to add:

Take a shot every time she refers to women as "selfish".

Take a shot every time she refers to herself as a "mentor".

Take a shot every time she uses the encourages women to have a "teachable spirit" or "submit".

"Take a shot every time she gives her "don't shoot the messenger" speech. You know the one. "I'm just God's little mouthpiece, so if you're mad at me, you're mad at him." She usually tacks it on to the end of every post.

"Take a double shot every time she asks how "alkaline" you are.

I think her marriage must suck and she knows this. Most of her posts are like, "Marriage is supposed to suck for women! Sex when you don't want it! Endless baybeez! Husbands who treat you like a slave! This is what Godly marriage is!" She is rationalizing that her miserable marriage is supposed to be that way. Her rants about liberal women being evil and selfish sound like jealousy to me.

I think people like Lori and Kelly Crawford take up mentoring via their blogs to make up for their shitty "teaching" careers.

I think people like Lori and Kelly Crawford take up mentoring via their blogs to make up for their shitty "teaching" careers.

Where is Kelly? She hasn't posted any new drivel lately.

Where is Kelly? She hasn't posted any new drivel lately.

Apparently she's taking a break due to her PTSD after the tornado that God sent her so she could get lots of free, new stuff.

Really? Not me! I defnitely see sex as stress relief, and if I can't have it, I get myself off. And if that's not an option I get more stressed out.

Vintage Jen, I have a point where I'm too stressed to be able to focus on getting off - and yes, it's pretty damn miserable when I get to that point. I try to take matters into my own hands before we get there.

I agree with the consensus that Lori probably has a not-fun marriage, and that's why she tries to "mentor" people.

Apparently she's taking a break due to her PTSD after the tornado that God sent her so she could get lots of free, new stuff.

Lots of free stuff that she could in turn sell to her kids. :evil:

i really wonder if Lori reads here.

I HAD to post a comment (that she'll never publish) encouraging her to learn the differences and proper uses of there, their, and they're. I also let her know her poor grammar and spelling concerned me as she home schooled her children and should know the basics.

Here's a thought. Following Lori and Ken's logic on sex in a marriage, if Lori was in a long-term coma and thus unable to consent to sex would it be ok for Ken to just jump on top of her in her hospital bed? Is that part of the marriage contract?

She does read here or one of her homegirls probably tips her off about threads about her. I think the first thread that was made about her was about a posting on why she thinks women shouldn't go to college or something. I think she commented about FJ in another posting. Sometime back, she posted a very hilarious typo that someone on FJ pointed out and the next day she edited out that typo.

Lori pretty much cherry picks when she wants to scrub her comment section or not allow comments to be published. She blogged about stay at home dads and she allowed a few comments from stay at home dads to be published. I think she only allowed those comments to be published that way her fangirls "could stone the ebil men who stay at home".

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/12/stay-at-home-dads.html

She also allow several disagreeing comments to be posted when she blogged about women and college.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/01/girls-going-to-college.html

A couple of months back, she made this really dumb posting which either lacked historical facts or twisted things around.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/05/america-has-lost-its-way.html#idc-container

There was an FJ thread about

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10438

A few FJers sent comments to correct Lori on a few things and she never published those comments. She probably didn't publish them, because she would have to admit to not knowing certain things. In that posting, she only allowed her fangirls' comments to be posted probably so she could feel good about herself.

Any man who would have sex with his wife when she does not want it is a shit lover.

And a rapist.

Sometimes you need to step back and look at the big picture. Being Christian is all about making God happy. So what Lori and her husband are saying is, allowing your husband to stick his penis in you any time he feels like it without regard to your feelings makes God happy. Somehow this doesn't fit in with my idea of a Creator-- but what do I know, I'm an atheist.

Whenever I amuse my spouse with Tales from the World of Fundies, he rolls his eyes in disgust and says, "It's a game rigged by men." No wonder men get to do whatever they want: Men made up the stories and rules, men wrote the stories and rules down, men decided which of those stories and rules got put into the Big Book of Knowledge, and 1800 years later undereducated men decide how they want to interpret those old stories and rules. If the Creator thought men were so all fired important why did he give the job of creating future generations to women?

I think her marriage must suck and she knows this. Most of her posts are like, "Marriage is supposed to suck for women! Sex when you don't want it! Endless baybeez! Husbands who treat you like a slave! This is what Godly marriage is!" She is rationalizing that her miserable marriage is supposed to be that way. Her rants about liberal women being evil and selfish sound like jealousy to me.

QFT. I think this pretty much explains Lori.

What happens if the wife has a bigger sex drive than her husband? It does happen.

This might sound awful, but these people make me think that they get off on non-consensual sex. Like in the romance books where the women are like no, no, no and then when the man makes them they're all yes, yes, yes (I hate those type of books - they send the wrong message).

These husbands heads are so far up their own asses that they can't admit that they are probably the reason why their wives don't want to have sex with them. Maybe fundie husband, you should woo your wife (if her non-desire is not medical/mental/hormonal related) and maybe she'd be more willing or perhaps try FOREPLAY. I have a feeling these fundie guys don't believe in foreplay for their wives. Gross. Ugh, these things bring back bad memories.

Today's post is about "Husbands' Responsibility in Sex". Apparently she got quite a bit of mail on that one...

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/07/husbands-responsibility-in-sex.html

Remember, she's not running her blog to teach men - only women.

It took me so long to be a good wife because I was always reading about the husband's role in a marriage and deciding Ken wasn't living up to His God ordained role so why should I? When I stopped evaluating Ken's role as a husband and just looked at my role, our marriage improved dramatically.

Translation: It's never his fault. It's always yours.

Except, of course, that's bullshit. You can't judge a relationship on only one side.

Yes, husbands shouldn't defraud their wives of sex. The Bible commands both husbands and wives to render due benevolence {sex} to each other.

Most husbands want sex more than their wives. They have ten times the testosterone that women have so their drive is usually much stronger.

I get the feeling that number is incorrect, and it doesn't take into account a whole host of things.

So she has admitted that husbands owe their wives sex - what should women do when they aren't being satisfied?

First of all, make sure you have clearly expressed your need for more sex to your husband. If you have done that, you must leave it in God's hands. Continue to obey God in your role of loving, serving, and pleasing your husband.

Surely you didn't think there was going to be actual constructive advice, did you?

So remember ladies - we have to give it up if he feels like it, but if you're not being satisfied, just pray about it!

The only person we can change is ourselves. No matter how hard you try to change your husband, you cannot. You will just make the marriage worse.

Well, no, you can't force someone else to change. But basically her advice is turn yourself inside out for your man, but stay miserable yourself.

That sounds like an example I'd love to emulate...except fucking not.

I get the feeling that number is incorrect, and it doesn't take into account a whole host of things.

It's actually closer to 20x higher in males according to Medline plus, but testosterone is far from the only thing that dictates sex drive. I'm another female whose sex drive is higher than her male partner's, yet he decidedly has higher testosterone than me.

Quoted for truth.

Potential rapist.

Some women will give in to make their husband stop whining/nagging etc. I know I do. I'm sure I'm not alone...sometimes its something that needs doing, like a chore. I know it's not romantic. I used to be an idealist once too!

Nevertheless, don't support lori at all!!

Archived