IGNORED

Louisiana Republican Thinks Christianity the Only Religion

GeoBQn

This shit pisses me off. It just proves that she doesn't support religious freedom, period. As such, I don't see how she's fit for public office, seeing as how the country was founded on religious freedom for ALL religions.

Well, be honest here: Who thought it'd end in any other way than this? Because I gotta say, I totally saw this one coming when I first heard about the voucher plan.

Silly bitch. Careful dear, your bigotry is showing.

Unfortunately it will not be limited to the Founders’ religion,

Most of the founding fathers were deists, which doesn't necessarily mean Christians. Hell I know that and I'm in the UK.

Perfectly in keeping with the Texas Republican plan to end the teaching of critical thinking.

An honest Republican from Louisana? Never thought I'd see the day when they'd admit their bias in public.

ETA: I wonder if no Hebrew schools applied, or Hodges doesn't really have a problem with them.

An honest Republican from Louisana? Never thought I'd see the day when they'd admit their bias in public.

ETA: I wonder if no Hebrew schools applied, or Hodges doesn't really have a problem with them.

The Jews totally killed Jesus, yo! ... I'm afraid they probably just didn't apply. I'm sure she'd have some really enlightened opinion about them, too.

Religious freedom! (as long as you're the right religion)

This. Didn't she realize that there are other religions such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Paganism, and Sikhs in America? And these are only just a few. And that the American government in 1776, which is not the same thing as the Puritan colonies, was founded on the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence; not "Christian morals". Give me a break, lady. I thought a Roman killed Jesus. Oh, well, I guess the Bible's wrong on that 1. :roll:

I was literally lol'ing when I saw this article.

Louisiana is a fascinating place...you have dipshit conservatives like Hodges, and then you have some crazy ass hedonistic partying in New Orleans. If it wasn't for the sparrow sized insects I would love living down there.

Louisiana is indeed a bizarre place, I've lived there. When we left, didn't call it moving, we called it escaping.

The content in that article is so rediculous, I almost took it for a satire.

Honestly, are southern republicans so dumb that they don't know that other religions do indeed fall under "religions"? It seems that now the Republican party isn't for the social-conservative and the religious anymore, but only for the conservative christians. They should start seeing a drop in registered voters if they continue to be so hateful and discrimatory, because they're party right now still consists of conservative jews and muslims too, right? Well, we'll see how long that lasts.

Honestly, are southern republicans so dumb that they don't know that other religions do indeed fall under "religions"? It seems that now the Republican party isn't for the social-conservative and the religious anymore, but only for the conservative christians. They should start seeing a drop in registered voters if they continue to be so hateful and discrimatory, because they're party right now still consists of conservative jews and muslims too, right? Well, we'll see how long that lasts.

Sometimes when I feel hopeless I have to remind myself this. The GOP is pidgeonholing themselves as the party for white conservative misogynistic christians. They certainly don't have demographics on their side, that is for sure.

Guest Anonymous

Avoiding all of the big issues:

The guy who is opposing the religious schools bill is called "Pope". I'll admit that earned a giggle from me.

One of the supporters is called "Schexnayder". There is nothing ironic about that name or word association, I just think it is a brillo-pants name!

Is anyone really surprised that social conservatives would assume religious = Christian? Looking at any debate that includes public funding of religious organizations, the same social conservative group that support these initiatives are also extremely Islam-phobic and bigoted against nonChristian religions. The conservatives that push loudly for school prayer, public school vouchers, gov't funding of religious charities would NEVER consider that the same money would be equally applicable to Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Sikh organizations. When confronted with this very idea, they tend to deny that this would happen or suggest we exempt certain religions. Of course, I doubt it's legal to single out one religion for legal consideration.

I was literally lol'ing when I saw this article.

Louisiana is a fascinating place...you have dipshit conservatives like Hodges, and then you have some crazy ass hedonistic partying in New Orleans. If it wasn't for the sparrow sized insects I would love living down there.

That is why I moved away of Louisiana. There was no way in hell I was raising my kids in that backwards thinking state. Yes, New Orleans is awesome for a tourist, but not to live. The rest of the state is so racist and conservative I couldn't take it. It is still very segregated and everyone who lives there knows it.

From my VERY blue area in a decidedly blue state, it reads like an article from The Onion.

I have my own biases: I have little to no tolerance for stupid people.

I wrote to this bitch on Facebook. We'll see if she responds. I'm still waiting to hear back from Michael Callton regarding his censorship of the word 'vagina' in Michigan. He said he would be forwarding transcripts to me, but never did.

Here's what I wrote to her via Facebook

Just a FYI-There are other religions beside Christianity. Secondly, as a politician you should be educated enough to realize that America is not a Christian nation. We are nation of Muslims, Catholics, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Agnostics and Atheists as well. If you truly consider yourself a supporter of religion freedom, you should make sure that you support ALL religious freedom. Not just Christianity. Your assertion that the Founding Fathers were ALL Christian is also debatable.

GOD BLESS.

Having lived both just outside New Orleans and then moving to Shreveport before I got out of Louisiana, I feel qualified to say: New Orleans is awesome, though the climate is my idea of Hell, and north Louisiana sucks balls. It reminded me strongly of Georgia except it was a bit more Catholic, but way more boring that Georgia was.

You should have been there the time my ex-boyfriend and I went over to the liquor store just after arriving in Shreveport, on a Sunday, and found the Good Stuff physically roped off. You could only get wine or beer or premade daquiris on Sunday. That's when we realized that apparently a lot of the liquor laws are decided on the parish level. In this case apparently the Baptist parish level. (Do Baptists have parishes?)

Nothing that comes out of Louisiana surprises me. You could easily cut the state into two, maybe three, pieces; culturally it is very very divided.

Quote:

Just a FYI-There are other religions beside Christianity. Secondly, as a politician you should be educated enough to realize that America is not a Christian nation. We are nation of Muslims, Catholics, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Agnostics and Atheists as well. If you truly consider yourself a supporter of religion freedom, you should make sure that you support ALL religious freedom. Not just Christianity. Your assertion that the Founding Fathers were ALL Christian is also debatable.

GOD BLESS.

LOL - I don't know if your "God Bless" was intended to be a Fundy Fuck You, but that's how I read it and I loved it. Perfection.

LOL - I don't know if your "God Bless" was intended to be a Fundy Fuck You, but that's how I read it and I loved it. Perfection.

Yes, I do add it to all my interactions with the bible-thumping zealots. For the following reasons, 1) I'm agnostic and it's meant to be ironic and 2) it gives them a taste of their own sanctimonious medicine and 3) I'm just an asshole to the fundies.

Archived