IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 6: Now Officially Engaged!

laPapessaGiovanna

Quite frankly, I don't get what all the fuss is about sharing an anniversary with a family member. It's more of a private affair to me, between husband and wife, rather than a birthday where more people might be invited to share in the celebration. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Taylurker said:

Hmm. I was going to guess a late April wedding based on Jinger hitting the third trimester around then, but then I remembered that JD could just fly them to and fro... (Also, who is the other pilot in the family?)

But Joy's wedding was in late May last year....

Maybe late April/early May, then. Kendra and Jinger won't be so heavily pregnant and it won't overshadow Joy's anniversary or cross with a sibling's birthday. Then again, Jinger's anniversary is on her nephew's birthday soooo nothing surprises me with these people anymore.

I'm gonna guess April 21st. Seems like good timing, and it'll be 2019's Easter date.

I don't care at all. But I like to speculate!

I thought Josiah was getting his pilot’s license?

Prior to their engagement announcement, I had guessed a mid-September wedding for SiRen, but that goes against the 3-month engagement trend. May seems to be the money bet. Kendra and Jinger will be pregnant. Anna, Jill, and Joy won’t be. Jessa might be. (I really thought she was pregnant already, but not announcing. Not because of that Reddit story. I never believed that. Tunics and a decline in reported selfies convinced me.) Does that make four breastfeeding bridesmaids at a May wedding? I guess that’s easier (?) than waiting until September and having six breastfeeding bridesmaids? 

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

April 21st is Jason's birthday.

To be honest, there's so many of them that they really can't worry too much about overlapping birthdays and anniversaries. It's inevitable. Plus they have to work around church and TLC scheduling, all in a three-ish month time span... Their options are limited enough already. So I wouldn't rule out a May wedding even if it does end up being close to Joy's anniversary.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Sorry, Jason! He's one of my "favorites", too.

But yeah, it's pretty inevitable to have more dates overlapping eventually with that many family members...

46 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Does that make four breastfeeding bridesmaids at a May wedding? I guess that’s easier (?) than waiting until September and having six breastfeeding bridesmaids? 

Yikes, the incredibly rude picture this just put into my head. While I am pro breastfeeding, with six breastfeeding bridesmaids, the picture of a milking parlor popped into my head! 

I wonder which Fundie wedding has had the most breastfeeding bridesmaids and how they handled it. As long as some of the services go, some baby would have to wake up, hungry. Would the Mom leave the service to feed it?

8 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Yikes, the incredibly rude picture this just put into my head. While I am pro breastfeeding, with six breastfeeding bridesmaids, the picture of a milking parlor popped into my head! 

I wonder which Fundie wedding has had the most breastfeeding bridesmaids and how they handled it. As long as some of the services go, some baby would have to wake up, hungry. Would the Mom leave the service to feed it?

Ack, I just ended up with "six breastfeeding bridesmaids" running through my head to the tune of "six swans a swimming" as if it were a line from the 12 days of Christmas. I think someone did a fundie/Duggar parody of that song at some point, but I think that would be a reasonable update of it at this point.

(4 breastfeeding bridesmaids, on the other hand, does not scan rhythmically with "4 calling birds".)

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I think most of them are so used to sister-momming and loaning their babies out for ‘special one on one time’ with their adolescent aunts (read: forced babysitting because you’re a girl) that all the babies take bottles. They probably pump right before the ceremony. 

My son never took a bottle, which is an enormous pain in the butt. My next baby hopefully will! 

22 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

@Georgiana Interesting! Thanks for telling me she was invited. I'm assuming she couldn't go because of the space? 
Wait, I am confused on what you're saying about her taking down pictures. Was she at the Duggars home and used their laundry machines? How do we know she was asked to not put up pictures? I'm just wondering. I am surprised she has soured on them, she was such a die-hard Duggar fan. I even remember back in the day, YEARS ago, when she used to copy Michelle's hairstyle.

She claimed they couldn’t go because they already had an engagement that weekend (revival service) that they had booked long before. The DID attend and perform at a revival that weekend, but many people were unconvinced. It’s also possible the invite was not Jill’s. She does run in some of the same circles as the Duggars, so it’s possible that she took pictures of someone else’s invite to save face.

The MORE interesting thing is that she hasn’t been invited to Bates weddings since Michael. They did have some strong (for what constitutes an invite to a fundie wedding) connections to the Bates family from before the Bates were famous. Of course at Michael’s wedding she dressed the little girls in while, lacy dresses and sat her family in THE FRONT PEW, so they might have had enough too. 

The Laundry Incident comes from a Facebook post. She initially posted photos with a glowing story about how the Duggars were SO GENEROUS to let them park in the driveway and use their laundry room. Less than 24 hours later the photos were removed, replaced with photos of the TTH from a distance (gotta prove they were there!), and a note about how the Duggars had asked no photos be posted to respect their privacy. The note made it sound like the Duggars asked this in advance (which I’m sure they did, the kids deserve privacy in their own home), and Jill was respecting their wishes...except that she DID post photos. She has not been invited to anything since.

The photos got picked up by Pickles and are still floating around. 

3 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Ack, I just ended up with "six breastfeeding bridesmaids" running through my head to the tune of "six swans a swimming" as if it were a line from the 12 days of Christmas. I think someone did a fundie/Duggar parody of that song at some point, but I think that would be a reasonable update of it at this point.

(4 breastfeeding bridesmaids, on the other hand, does not scan rhythmically with "4 calling birds".)

It doesn't rhyme very well, but we could easily do 12 Days Of Fundie Wedding Predictions.

12 Groomsmen with ill fitting pants

11 unmatching brisemaids

10 unmarried siblings

9 ladies not dancing

8 grand Duggars crying

7 Swanson siblings squabbling

6 breastfeeding bridesmaids

5 inappropriate kisses by Derekkkkk in the aisle

4 seasons of life mentioned

3 inuendos about the honeymoon

2 practical jokes at the alter

And Josh's face lens flared by TLCCCCCCC

First half of May would not be that close to Joys anniversary to be a problem right?

Memorialday weekend would be a no, but the rest of the month should be fine.

On 20.3.2018 at 3:09 AM, Mayluka said:

Lol does Josiah read here? The timing of him posting this coincided nicely with the comments in this thread.

I find it very odd that Joe is wearing a suite when all the other guys are looking way more casual. He looks really old in this picture.

On 20.3.2018 at 4:54 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

okay i'm pretty sure the girls are wearing shoes but what ever type of shoes they are wearing almost make them look bare foot. 

Well, that is exactly the look the Duggars want for their daughters and daughters-in-law: barefoot and pregnant.

Okay, I keep wanting a Duggar to have a small wedding party, but I imagine Josiah and Lauren will have a massive wedding party. Wonder where they will go on their honeymoon? Josh and Anna went to South Carolina, Jessa and Ben went to Italy, Jinger and Jeremy went to Australia, Joy and Austin went to Switzerland and Israel, and Joe and Kendra went to Greece. Where did Jill and Derrick go? 

10 minutes ago, Markie said:

Okay, I keep wanting a Duggar to have a small wedding party, but I imagine Josiah and Lauren will have a massive wedding party. Wonder where they will go on their honeymoon? Josh and Anna went to South Carolina, Jessa and Ben went to Italy, Jinger and Jeremy went to Australia, Joy and Austin went to Switzerland and Israel, and Joe and Kendra went to Greece. Where did Jill and Derrick go? 

Jill and Derick went to North Carolina. 

42 minutes ago, Markie said:

Jessa and Ben actually were filmed going to Paris and Rome. JinJer were supposed to travel to New Zealand as well as Australia, but I’m not sure if they made it due to an earthquake (I think there was an earthquake around that time.) JoStin did travel to Israel, but that was a separate trip from the one they took to Switzerland with TLC.

The Dills traveled to Kill Devil Hills in North Carolina. Their filmed international trip was when Jill traveled to Nepal to meet Derick in person. 

I wonder if TLC filmed any of the New Zealand trip? If they did, would that count as Josiah and Lauren’s international trip?

2 minutes ago, GreatScott said:

I wonder if TLC filmed any of the New Zealand trip? If they did, would that count as Josiah and Lauren’s international trip?

good question I am pretty sure he asked her to court before the trip so really no need for them to film the trip and since they aren't really allowed to focus heavily on the older kids there really isn't a point for them to film it. add on to that if Siah and Lauren aren't given a destination honeymoon it will even more boring then usual and that will take away viewers. the honeymoon episodes usually are a big draw. 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:40 PM, scribble said:

I was not allowed to watch "Dukes of Hazzard" or "Three's Company" either because they were "junk TV."

I wasn't allowed to watch The Jeffersons because my parents didn't want me to think it was okay for a black person and a white person to be married to each other.

I told them it was too late, because I already thought it was just fine, and that they were racists. That did not go over well at all. 

I wasn't allowed to watch Soap either. I think there were some other shows that were forbidden---Rhoda comes to mind---but I actually didn't care that much because by then I thought my parents were completely ridiculous. Plus I was reading books that were much better (with more of what was forbidden in TV shows). 

On 3/5/2018 at 11:01 AM, Carm_88 said:

Wow, I'm shocked. Who knew that a quick courtship would be followed by a quick engagement? We will have a quick wedding, and then quickly pregnant. And then someone else will be courting-> engaged -> getting married -> pregnant. 

*Sings The Circle of Life at the top of my lungs* 

Super delayed response, but...

Naaaaaaants ingonyamaaaaaa bagithi baba!!!

Wasn't sure if we could embed videos, but this is one of my all-time favorites... you can't go wrong with Disney classics + Broadway. It's the best, even though I totally decimate the lyrics. I probably give Tim Rice and Elton John gray hair when I dramatically perform Circle of Life in the shower, as my lyrical interpretation/recollection is just so... incorrect.

Like, I'm pretty sure the next line isn't "I think I got a penguin in my bottom," but that's what I hear. 

Anyway. :my_rolleyes: 

19 hours ago, GreatScott said:

I seriously doubt it was filmed. The Duggars were doing events for IBLP and TLC has mostly shied away from highlighting that connection. Plus, the main couples on the show didn’t go on the trip. I don’t think it would have been worth it for TLC to film. 

1 minute ago, llg1234 said:

Meh

he may be working on a car but at least he has seemed to clean his beard up a little. he looks better in this picture then he has in other recent pics. 

Fundie guys pulling the "not like other girls" thing is just TOO MUCH AHHHH. You create and dogmatically maintain a religious system predicated on keeping women mentally and physically weakened thru constant labor (both in the hard-work-sense and the motherhood-sense) and pressured to adhere to super retrograde gender roles... and then you look down on them for being too girly and dainty? Please.

And honestly how many other girls has he been allowed to be around? Other than his siblings or other female relatives, not too many. All those other "NIKE!" girls he's only seen from afar when he happens to go out in public. 

36 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

And honestly how many other girls has he been allowed to be around? Other than his siblings or other female relatives, not too many. All those other "NIKE!" girls he's only seen from afar when he happens to go out in public. 

Well he did court Marjorie before Lauren, he is practically experienced in fundie circles.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived