IGNORED

The Boyer Sisters: Part 4

samurai_sarah

26 minutes ago, JesusPony said:

The Boyer parents should be ashamed. I am embarrassed for the sisters.

I have followed the Boyer threads on and off but seriously it's pretty sad that these 3 talented girls are limited like they are.   They all have some great abilities and would have so much more potential were it not for the SOTDRT education and SAHD-hood.  That said, I am glad Brigid got out and seems very happy.

Like I said, I haven't followed closely but it seems that both J and C are still reeling from their sister's departure out of the family home.    When siblings are this enmeshed, when one leaves, IME it causes a major amount of turmoil to the ones remaining.  We see a bit of extreme hand wringing in other fundie families when a sibling gets married (Maxwells) or just simply leaves (Penningtons).  While some degree of grief over this change in the family is normal and understandable, the enmeshment in these families takes these emotions to a unhealthy level.  Nor is it healthy to feel so extremely for an extended period of time which seems to be happening with J and C.   I am not surprised to hear of the physical symptoms.  

I wonder if Ma and Pa Boyer are paying any attention to these postings on symptoms, all the hand wringing and also this new oil business.    Because methinks they might have had to spring $$ for the merchandise certainly they have to store it in their home.  Do they think that there might be something a bit wrong here, or at least, do they want to run a home for 2 able bodied adults forever.   Because the way these two are carrying on, they won't get far with doing anything that leads to true independence. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I wonder if Ma and Pa Boyer are paying any attention to these postings on symptoms, all the hand wringing and also this new oil business

I just noticed, Kathy Boyer herself is a Young Living distributor.  

So perhaps the girls' self directed, so exciting and creative, spanking new entrepreneurial venture is all about selling Mom's old MLM stock to a younger age group.

13 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

...Because methinks they might have had to spring $$ for the merchandise certainly they have to store it in their home.  Do they think that there might be something a bit wrong here, or at least, do they want to run a home for 2 able bodied adults forever.   Because the way these two are carrying on, they won't get far with doing anything that leads to true independence. 

FWIW, it appears that Ma Boyer was shilling the Magical Snake Oils first, so that's probably how "the girls" got into the scheme. Perhaps the parents thought this would be something good for J & C to do to keep their minds and time occupied while waiting for Prince Charming. At any rate, I agree J & C definitely have more going on than just being sad that Brigid left home. This latest scheme is just a diversion and as someone else said, when it fails, they'll likely spiral into an even deeper depression. That is, unless they get married. Then they'll live happily ever after. Hahahahahahahahaha :pb_lol:

@Palimpsest, @Mommit, so Ma Boyer was in the biz first.  Would explain how J & C would get into it, thanks for pointing that out.  And I agree, that the whole venture seem less self directed and new.  But it would be considered a right proper diversion for the two, but too bad neither was encouraged to go out and get a job.  Any job as that would get them out of their isolated world and direct some of their energy towards something that was less IDK, less self focused?  

The way those two carry on, I agree with other posters, that any Prince Charmings are going to be running in the other direction.

Regarding the new Lazy Weekend blog post- why is an 18 year old having such a lazy weekend? She should be juggling her summer job, swimming or going to the movies with friends, maybe babysitting or a church function or picking out new stuff for her dorm room next fall. I'm naturally a rather low-energy 37 year old and her life sounds so dull to me.

I totally agree about the girls being incredibly self centred- hardly surprising given their cloistered and stifling upbringing. It has made them so fearful and judgemental about anything or anyone that is different to them.

The girls are each so talented, it's just a shame mama and papa Boyer haven't been able to encourage them to get out of the house and interact with the world.

Hey, mazel tov to the soon-to-be-parents!

I wonder if Jessica and Charlotte will combine their new love of shilling miracle cures with their love of historical costume and start their own historically-accurate medicine show! Complete with wagon and banjo playing.

On 7/26/2017 at 6:25 PM, wikinggirl said:

Here's the picture with a clearly pregnant Brigid. I am a little surprised the other two hasn't mentioned it on the blog... 

Not sure if anyone said this, but they should totally sell that modest swimwear. It's wait more practical then what the duggars/bates wear. I feel like people are more incline to stare at someone swimming at the beach fully clothed.

Their hands are idle without real work, so YL is taking advantage of the Boyer sisters and women like them.

There probably is more of a market for modest swimsuits.

6 hours ago, Jeronimo said:

There probably is more of a market for modest swimsuits.

Oh there's definitely a market for modest swimsuits but I bet the Boyer family would disapprove of the clientele if you catch my drift.

My knowledge of SAHD dogma is lacking...are these parents usually against even a part-time job? Or community college classes to take just for fun?

Imagine how successful these girls could be by applying their talents! Jessica has a love for creating art and appreciating nature; she would make an excellent children's book illustrator, or maybe a nature guide. And Charlotte with her web design and enthusiasm for whatever she's selling...she'd be great in a retail/sales position and would probably make a decent amount of money selling cosmetics.

9 minutes ago, Verbena said:

My knowledge of SAHD dogma is lacking...are these parents usually against even a part-time job?

Jessica does have a part-time seasonal job.  She does gardening work for a (female) friend of the family's flower business for a grand total of 8 hours a week during the spring and summer months.

I haven't heard them mention Jessica's part time job in ages. Is the reason she and Levi broke up because he expected her to work? 

Charlotte would make an amazing sales rep for someone - she's wasting her talents on Young Living.

6 hours ago, Verbena said:

My knowledge of SAHD dogma is lacking...are these parents usually against even a part-time job? Or community college classes to take just for fun?

Imagine how successful these girls could be by applying their talents! Jessica has a love for creating art and appreciating nature; she would make an excellent children's book illustrator, or maybe a nature guide. And Charlotte with her web design and enthusiasm for whatever she's selling...she'd be great in a retail/sales position and would probably make a decent amount of money selling cosmetics.

My parents were meh about classes. They kinda mentioned taking some, but refused to help pay or help figure out aide. it was all halfhearted and all the "a wife and mom doesn't need them" bullshit was still pushed and engrained in us so severely that I know for me, I honestly thought I was doing the most God honoring thing. hate myself for  being so brainwashed. 

The job was iffy. Not discouraged but not encouraged or supported. We couldn't work at any place that sold alcohol, required pants or working sundays. Wed nights were a fight we usually didn't win. 

My heart breaks for those girls. I have lived that. 

So I haven't read to the end of this thread but to touch on the culinary lavender... I'm not a huge fan but there is one recipe that I LOVE that uses lavender in frosting, with lemon cupcakes. It could mainly be the lemon because I love lemon anything, but this icing recipe is really subtle and not too flowery or overpowering. Worth a try for anyone who likes lavender or is scared to try it- you can always have a can of icing as backup. :)

http://sweetapolita.com/2012/05/la-la-lavender-lemon-cloud-cupcakes/

i did make some stir-fry chicken with the lavender olive oil, just some basic strips with ordinary seasonings--basil and oregano, i think.  anyway, when it was done and i took the lid off the pan, the lavender scent was very strong, but we couldn't really taste any difference; i was worried about a soapy taste, but it wasn't there.  it just smelled nice.

Since it's past midnight here in Scandinavia, Happy Weekend and stay oily, FJ! 

(Fun fact: This is the only emoji I could find under oil. :obscene-tolietclaw:)

I showed this to Mr. CL, and he had a *completely* different interpretation of "stay oily" than the Boyers. 

And they missed a perfectly good marketing opportunity:  if they'd actually used the citronella during the photo shoot, they could have raved about how well it worked. Where is my incentive to buy it if they can't be bothered to obtain and use it?  

Sorry for the BEC, but I'm still incredibly disappointed in J&C that they've sunk to selling this stuff. 

@catlady I think we all have a different interpretation of stay oily than the Boyers!

Charlotte also recently posted this. Of course not on any of the blogs, where she constantly shills YL.

I find them more insufferable the more I read and that blather by Charlotte hasn't helped.

The religious-like fervour and language around all that MLM nonsense are so weird. It's like religion turned into capitalism with a hefty dose of sexism in there. So gross.

So Charlotte is apparently photographing her first wedding today and is toting along oils to huff when she decidedly gets too stressed... I wonder who the heck is paying her $1500 to do so.

I really hope she doesn't push YL on any of the bridal party or the wedding guests!

Even I, an 18 year old branding/marketing fanatic

I know we all have our things, but... that's sad, Charlotte.  At 18, you are a fanatic about presentations and perceptions, rather than substance and reality? 

Then again, the entire blog is sort of a testament to that, so........

I do admire the Boyer sisters for their persistence! They're continuing to flog this scam with everything they can think of, and still have yet to see much payoff from what I can tell.

I hope they can give up on this thing and go back to sewing vintage outfits - it was a far better business model. 

How do you know they aren't seeing much payoff? I don't doubt that they aren't successful, I'm just curious what you're basing it on. Also, I thought their blog post about stress was so bad it was laughable. Does anybody believe that we store sadness and depression in our lungs and intestines? I mean, I believe that stress can negatively impact our health, but not in the way J & C presented it.

"Our bodies store emotions like they do chemical toxins:

Heart and Small Intestine: hate, cruelty, impatience

Stomach: worry, anxiety, mistrust

Lungs and Large Intestine: sadness, depression

Kidney and Bladder: fear

Liver and Gallbladder: anger, jealousy, envy"

Seems like a bunch of bullshit to me! Sorry if I offend anybody!

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived