IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy - Social Media Silence

choralcrusader8613

On 2/19/2017 at 11:52 AM, Flossie said:

#3  This is what happens when you're told that your PCOS has finally gone and made you infertile.  Yes, it took three years, but nature found a way.

So you have 3 kids? Wow. What does PCOS mean? 

On 2/19/2017 at 6:05 PM, amandaaries said:

Actually, a Mirena is now known to be good for up to 6 years, and the Paraguard up to 12.  https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/iud

On 2/19/2017 at 7:42 PM, goldengrove said:

Sorry for such a cautionary tale, most women have no problem with an IUD...)

My doctor I can't get an IUD cause I'm too small & don't want the skyla hormonal one, and she said that one might still hurt anyway. 

On 2/19/2017 at 9:45 PM, lomo6 said:

@SassyPants @louisa05 I wrote my post before realizing that there were 2+ pages of responses to @VeganCupcake.

22 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Agreed. I was harsh in my replies to you, vegancupcake, but this is not the time for nicities. real talk required. Being disrespected in such a way that can and statistically will affect your health and future is nothing to LOL at. Perhaps your education and parents failed you regarding birth control.

I appreciate yall's input! I guess I just went along with what he wanted to do cause I figured it must work if he has been doing this pullout thing forever and has no kids, and seems really dead set against having them. But I will reconsider. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, VeganCupcake said:

So you have 3 kids? Wow. What does PCOS mean? 

My doctor I can't get an IUD cause I'm too small & don't want the skyla hormonal one, and she said that one might still hurt anyway. 

I appreciate yall's input! I guess I just went along with what he wanted to do cause I figured it must work if he has been doing this pullout thing forever and has no kids, and seems really dead set against having them. But I will reconsider. 

It is possible that his previous partners were also using other birth control like the pill or had IUDs, too. 

Don't just reconsider, do your research and choose reliable birth control. And if he is not cooperative in that, reconsider the relationship not the "pull out" method. 

21 minutes ago, sparklymagie said:

Could someone please describe the video for those of us who don't like to watch videos?

They really didn't say much.  Said that maybe babies were in their future but right now were just getting settled in Laredo.  Wanted to learn Spanish because there were a lot of Spanish speakers locally.  The interviewer said at the last that she "can't wait to follow the rest of their story".  Speaking for myself, I can.

2 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

They really didn't say much.  Said that maybe babies were in their future but right now were just getting settled in Laredo.  Wanted to learn Spanish because there were a lot of Spanish speakers locally.  The interviewer said at the last that she "can't wait to follow the rest of their story".  Speaking for myself, I can.

Lol they are in for it if they don't know Spanish! So they decide to move to the border of Mexico to convert people they can't even communicate with, genius! 

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You rather cavalier attitude (i.e. loling at every reply) is truly terrifying. You don't want kids, you have a boyfriend who doesn't want kids, you two are just DTF, and that is fine, but you two are being stupid, reckless and irresponsible. You are the reason we have pro life people saying women use abortion as birth control.

Stop right there. Please don't treat me as tarnishing the pro-choice moment, when this MAN who refuses to use condoms votes Republican ok? 

Also I would never get an abortion! I said many times that he would be much more upset by a kid than I would. 

@VeganCupcake You realize that your health, wellness, and unpreggoness is all up to you, right? If you and your boyfriend don't want kids, you really need to step up and protect yourself. That's all we're saying. There are too many single mommies that came out of your predicament. You have rights and you need to make the choice to protect yourself without assuming that the guy is in it for anything other than getting his rocks off. 

On 2/18/2017 at 6:38 AM, singsingsing said:

Jana, JD, and Joe are not married yet. Jessa and Jill only got on social media and started getting their own spreads in People, etc. when they were officially courting and close to being engaged (or already engaged). It's easy to project certain qualities onto them when you rarely see them (like Jana supposedly being more intelligent than her siblings. Uhh... no comment). I don't think we'll know whether they're 'attention whores' or not until and if they get on social media.

Thank you for that no comment. I hold the controversial opinion that Jana is no brighter or more mature than any of her siblings. Just more reserved, which makes some people think folks (especially girls, because chatty girls are unfairly seen as "ditzy") are smarter. I actually think Jill is pretty smart and would probably have done well in a real undergrad program or nursing school. She at least seems open minded and intellectually curious in the Duggar limited way (learning Spanish, pursuing midwifery courses, interested in travel) and somewhat interested in reading occasionally. At a local school she seems like she would have been a good student. But she's not as likable and is irritating, and we tend to see less likable, chattier people as less intelligent. 

Jinger, Jana, and Jessa don't seem very bright to me. Can't tell about JoyAnna. 

27 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

Stop right there. Please don't treat me as tarnishing the pro-choice moment, when this MAN who refuses to use condoms votes Republican ok? 

Also I would never get an abortion! I said many times that he would be much more upset by a kid than I would. 

How your boyfriend votes doesn't matter. What does matter is that you learn that you have to protect yourself. The guy can get up and walk away. He doesn't have to deal with it. If you are not going to get an abortion, protect yourself. Don't depend on him.

1 hour ago, VeganCupcake said:

And...by "barebacking" you're indirectly having sex with every woman he's ever had sex with. Tell that "man" that either he wraps the monkey or he can keep it in his pants. Who the hell cares what HIS politics are...you're the one who gets saddled with the kid and the responsibility. It's NO fun at all. If you aren't prepared for kids, you're not just fucking up YOUR life, you're fucking up the kid's life. My kid suffered from having a mother who had NO fucking idea what she was doing and both of us are STILL paying for it 34+ years later. 

Rant over

1 hour ago, VeganCupcake said:

My impression (which could be way off) is that in a way, you kind of want a baby, but you realize it would be really irresponsible to try to have one at this point, so you're just sort of leaving it up in the air. Is that at all accurate? If so, I've been there and have the kid (almost 17 now, just barely younger than I was when I got pregnant with her) to show for it and I love my kid to death but wouldn't recommend this method. I'd elaborate if I thought there was any point, but I don't know that there's any sense anyone could have talked into me at that age. If you are at all interested in hearing this, I'd be happy to share. I don't think you're doing anything particularly unusual or shocking here, but something that is unwise and not in your best interest or the best interest of a potential child. Again, I would be more than happy to give more information if you would like.

2 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

Unlike some others I don't see anything wrong with abortion at all. I don't think you have to be ready for a kid to have sex...I think you have to be ready to have a kid, be pregnant and give the kid up, or abort your pregnancy. If you would never get an abortion or place a child for adoption, AND you aren't ready for a kid...Whoa. I have no idea why you're having unprotected sex, dude. I know people have already said this a bunch, but yiiiikes. AND your boyfriend is an anti abortion Republican who doesn't want a child? No offense, but that's pretty much the definition of a hypocrite. If he's willing to put you and himself at risk of having a child repeatedly and pushes you to let him, he should at least be OK with abortion. At LEAST.

At LEAST chart your ovulation. Yikes yikes yikes. 

Personally I couldn't deal with the stress of birth control choices. I had sex with a few women, then finally one guy and wouldn't let him come near me without condoms and spermicide AND was on the pill and even then I charted my ovulation. After that I was so freaked out, I dated both men and women (always had, I'm queer, it was not all of a sudden, lol) but only slept with women for years and refused to even see a guy naked partly because I was so paranoid about pregnancy. I only had sex with my husband when we were 100% sure we were going to get married and we discussed being completely ready for a child, so birth control wasn't a concern. 

When I think back on it, it was the strangest mix of slutty and prudish/paranoid behavior ever. 

PCOS stands for poly-cystic ovarian syndrome.  Hormone imbalances cause cysts to develop on and in ovaries, making ovulation and getting pregnant more difficult. The cysts can also get rather large, and sometimes if the cysts rupture it can cause excrutiating pain. Certain meds can help but it's usually a tough road. 

3 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I have the Skyla. They recommended the mirena, but when they looked at my cervix and saw that I had never given birth, they gave me the Skyla instead.

Full disclosure: they had to use a manual dilator to dilate my cervix to fit the thing in. It wasn't the most painful thing that ever happened to me, but it was definitely the weirdest pain. Just a really strange thing to happen to someone who had had sex  only about 3 times ever many months prior. The whole procedure lasted 30 minutes and I had medium bad cramps for a day.

After that? Nothing. I spot so lightly that sometimes I don't even notice and some months there's nothing. I go through about 2 pantyliners in a month compared to 12 or so heavy duty pads a month. And I'm not pregnant. And it lasts for 3 years. I have no mood swings. No cramps. No hot flashes. No changes in libido.

The 30 minutes of weird pain plus a day of cramps is definitely worth 3 years of worry free sex. Granted, I'm married and I know my husband is clean, so really the only stress I'm worried about is pregnancy at an inopportune time. 

Is there a medical reason you are averse to hormonal options? I have migraines with aura, and they recommended the Skyla to me over the pill.

As mentioned in previous comments, you have no idea how you'll react to birth control until you take it. If you're worried about mood swings, weight gain, hot flashes, changes in libido, changes in basically anything, I have something crazy to tell you about pregnancy: all that can happen PLUS you get a baby at the end.

@sophie10130, you forgot the "side effect" of pregnancy that I found to be the most "fun"---non stop nausea! @VeganCupcake, honey, Do Not Have Sex with this Man! He obviously doesn't give a damn about you! If he did, Mr. HasBucks would wrap it up! As @feministxtian said, you are having sex with every woman he's Ever had sex with when he refuses to wear a condom! That would skeevy me out right there! Germs, diseases!  Babies aren't the only thing you should be worried about!

That video of Jinger and Jeremy was uncomfortable to watch. I'm not sure if they didn't want to be there or not, but that's what it seemed like.

I was, however, quite shocked at the response to the baby question. I'm not sure I've ever heard any of them differ than the standard "whatever the lord gives us".

Hmmmmmmmm!

Interesting that instead of answering she looked at him and let him answer.  She could have been pregnant then and maybe that is why she looked at him.

I find the whole staring at him even while she is answering a question really odd. So far she seems to be the most diligent with oogly staring at your headship, lol.

I've been following the Duggars for almost ten years. I've been lurking and/or posting on FJ almost as long. I hate to break it to you guys, but "we'll see what happens" is no different than what every other Duggar couple has said about the possibility of getting pregnant.

Literally nothing about Jinger and Jeremy tells me they're breaking with Duggar tradition in any way, shape, or form. Jeremy spotted a meek and simple Duggar girl. He asked her father permission to get to know her. Jeremy filled out Jim Bob's 50 page questionnaire and was approved. He and Jinger started courting a few months later, and got engaged like two months after that. A few short months after that they got married and had their first kiss at the altar. Jeremy is a fundie pastor at a fundie church which apparently believes in praying away the gay, though as a woman you can wear jeans and have a small glass of wine while you're trying to exorcise the homosexual demons. 

I would love to believe that they're going to be different. That they're going to have four reasonably spaced kids starting maybe 2-5 years from now and then stop. Honestly, I think there is a higher chance for them than there was for the other couples. It's just that nothing they've said or done is anything to get excited about. Don't be shocked when the pregnancy announcement comes before the end of the year, probably a lot sooner.

On 2017-02-19 at 5:55 PM, Daisy0322 said:

@Carm_88 thousand times yes! I had no idea how taxing pregnancy was! I'm miserable in a different way all the time lol and physically it's draining because you feel awful and it's emotionally draining because all you want is the thing that is making you miserable to be alright lol seriously if people knew all this they wouldn't get pregnant the first time but I've been assured it'll all be worth it once baby is here haha

It is totally worth it. I hated being pregnant and had so many different complications. The itching was especially horrible. Had no idea that could even happen. Miniway was definitly worth every second of it though. And your baby will be too. :)

On 2017-02-20 at 1:30 PM, VelociRapture said:

I miscarried almost a year ago - I actually found out I was pregnant that time a year ago today. Miscarrying for me wasn't bad physically, but absolutely brutal emotionally. Even now, as I'm currently feeding my two month old daughter, I still wonder about that other pregnancy. 

I don't know when your's happened, but be gentle and kind to yourself. It does get better eventually. It may take time, especially given the additional trauma you dealt with, but you will be ok eventually.:romance-caress:

I had an early misscarriage before Miniway. We had been trying for a baby for five years at the time and gone through multiple ivf:s. Physically it wasn't much worse then a heavy period but emotionally it was so horrible. At the time it was the worst thing that had ever happened to me.

I fell pregnant with Miniway only a couple of months later and now I almost never think about that misscarriage. If that pregnancy had gone to term I would not have Miniway. If any of the failed ivf:s had worked out or if I had fallen pregnant and gone to term at any other time I would not have Miniway. I would have another child but considering Miniway is, objectivly (:pb_lol:) speaking, the best child in the whole world I'm so happy it happened this way.

Yes it was several years of pain. Endless needles and examinations. And it sucked big time. But it was all worth it in the end. :my_heart:

I have a friend who had a 17 week misscarriage in early 2008. She's dose not talk about it. She now has 2 adorable daughters the older one who I'm sure she would not have had if she had not had the misscarriage. 

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

@Iamtheway I super emotional all the time (poor hubby) lol so I'm laying in bed sobbing now thank you what you said really did make me feel better! 

You have the right to be emotional! And also tired, irrational and hungry! :)

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived