IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/28/2017 at 2:49 PM, Kariina said:

It's funny how painfully transparent Raquel's motivations and inner emotional state are. Are Raquels common in the world and we just don't see it because not all of them blog and social media spew the way she does, or is she an odd case that has been combination-spoiled-and-stunted by fundieish homeschooling?

I'd say the Raquels of the world are just common enough that we immediately recognize the type, but not so common that we're not baffled and fascinated by how odd it is. Spoiled and stunted is exactly the way to describe her. She could start a business and call it "Forever Fourteen."

On 3/29/2017 at 4:30 PM, xRoo said:

Seriously looks like a coloring page... i wonder what is with the hold out on the other(s)?

Yeah, reminds me of clip art. I imagine the reason it is in such visible place because she wants people to say things like " Oh, I love your butterfly!" And be able to respond "It's NOT a butterfly, it's a MOTH! Because I'm a moth, a creature of darkness constantly seeking the light!"

Mr Wrangler didn't like tattoos. I always wanted one but didn't want to upset Mr W..

Now I'm researching for an artist and more importantly for a design I like before I get one..I'm almost sure what ever I go for will be nicer than Raquel's.

On 3/28/2017 at 2:09 PM, formergothardite said:

An attractive young man said "You can use this lane if you are ready to check out." I don't think he was interested in dating me though. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

On October 3rd, he asked me what day it was.

What on earth is she doing in a bathroom with two guys?! Other than taking a picture, I mean. Looks like the other tattoo is slightly visible. A heartbeat maybe? Can't tell really.

So two guys took her to see a concert? Is that what the whole Clean Bandit thing meant? 

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

On October 3rd, he asked me what day it was.

Boy, that guy really gets around, doesn't he?

23 hours ago, formergothardite said:

So two guys took her to see a concert? Is that what the whole Clean Bandit thing meant? 

Yeah, it's a musical group... that's about all I know, I've just seen the name on some playlists I've listened to recently. 

On 4/2/2017 at 10:00 AM, xRoo said:

What on earth is she doing in a bathroom with two guys?! Other than taking a picture, I mean. Looks like the other tattoo is slightly visible. A heartbeat maybe? Can't tell really.

To be fair, I've seen a lot of bathroom photo shoots like that from people in Facebook/Instagram. I thought all these Myspace-esque bathroom selfies would die out once smartphones started having the dual cameras so you wouldn't need to take a picture into a mirror... sadly, I was wrong. 

23 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I realize I'm dating myself in a major way with my obscure early 90s SNL reference here haha!

......yet 100% spot on and hilarious. Went shopping at a mall last week and felt I was in a strange time warp with all the 90s style clothing out.

Raquel's first blog post as a 22 year old should be called "Raquel pretends to come up with every single inspirational Pinterest quote and she is still using the word cuz."

She meant to have this posted on her birthday but she was just partying too hard. Why didn't she just schedule it to post that day? Oh right, then she wouldn't have an opportunity to casually mention how hard she partied.  

07e3c0256a27db5acab30cd7f29f4c17.jpg is she finally giving up on pretending she is a perfect innocent virgin?!

Also the awkwardness of her forced angle to show off her tattoo in her new display picture is probably more laughable to me.

Is that the "I HAD To take a photo because of the good light" photo?  

Happy birthday, Raquel. 

Wow, color me so shocked,  Maya Angelou plagiarized Raquel. Unthinkable... 

https://iangotts.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/making-a-“living”-is-not-the-same-thing-as-making-a-“life”/

Raquel:  

I've learned that...
no matter what happens, life goes on and tomorrow is a new day.

Maya: 

“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Raquel: 

I've learned that...
making a "living" is not the same as making a "life"..

Maya: 

I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life”. 

Raquel: 

I've learned that...
I do get second chances.  From God, from others.  And for that, I am extremely blessed.

Maya: 

I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

Raquel: 

I've learned that...
even when I've had pains, I don't have to be one.

Maya: 

I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one

Raquel: 

I've learned that...
people will forget what I said and what I did, but they will never forget how I made them feel.

Maya: 

I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Raquel: 

I've learned that...
regardless of the relationship I have with my parents, I will always miss being away from them and they will always be there for me when I need them.  More importantly too, they will always love me.

Maya: 

I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life.

Raquel:

I've learned that...
I still have a lot to learn.

Maya: 

I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn.

https://iangotts.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/making-a-“living”-is-not-the-same-thing-as-making-a-“life”/

12 hours ago, xRoo said:

07e3c0256a27db5acab30cd7f29f4c17.jpg is she finally giving up on pretending she is a perfect innocent virgin?!

Also the awkwardness of her forced angle to show off her tattoo in her new display picture is probably more laughable to me.

Wait, she's 22? But it's things that she learned in 21 years? 

Which was the year when she didn't learn anything? 

Wow, that is why her "poem" sounded so familiar. I thought it was just because copying Pinterest quotes, but no, she copied that pretty much word for word. 

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎02 at 10:37 AM, ladyamylynn said:

Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance...

Raquel's gentleman friend has more carefully waxed brows than she does. 

She's such a turkey.  If she loved the original sentiments (which I personally find pretty trite to be honest, but maybe that's in part because those types of expressions are indeed now all over Pinterest, mainly unattributed) so much, why wouldn't she just repost them, give credit, and say something like "This explains what I've learned far better than I ever could" or something similar? 

Oh, yeah.  Because that would be admitting that she doesn't have a way with words.  So much for her blog not being a place for "counterfeit souls"; she's the biggest counterfeit soul of them all! 

my friend's daughter got that same star/music note tattoo several years ago (around 2011 or so); she put a pair of them below her collarbones.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived