IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Self-publishing, no doubt. Yep, anyone can do that, Raquel.  Literally anyone.  

One of my relatives self-published, and the "book" she spent a year working on was nothing more than a very short scrapbook of old snapshots and random Bible verses.  $22 on Amazon.  I bought a copy just to be nice to her.  But the entire project was poorly executed (Sarah Maxwell's  Moody Books are actually better--slightly) and I never would have bought it if she weren't family. 

My sister is an editor and for awhile she offered her services to people self publishing. She said they were the worst lot to work for. They argued with her and never made the changes she suggested and most of the books were terrible--there's a reason they didn't get accepted by a publisher. And those were the people who cared enough to even hire an editor! She dropped that gig relatively quickly lol. 

Did anyone else see the Instagram photos of her under a waterfall in a bikini?  Because yes what I always wanted was a view of her tush.  

Her pomes are going to be wonderfully awful! She will probably get some relatives and friends to buy it. 

Gotta love the title. The Urban Dictionary defines pluviophile as "A spurious Latin-Greek formation coined by the Greekless which attempts to express love for rain but in fact manages to express both pretentiousness and ignorance, the proper Greek formation being 'ombrophile,' with ὄμβρος meaning long rain."

I mean, honestly, no snark, it's nice that she doesn't care that she has some cellulite and is showing it (I've got plenty myself) but, I'm just baffled that she chooses to show pictures like this and pretends to be supahmodest at the same time.  It doesn't jibe.

I suspect that she only plays modest on her blog and that her butt hanging out of bikini bottoms is standard these days.  

Hey peeps! 

I know a lot of you have been wondering why my blog has seemed neglected lately, but it’s only because I’ve been focusing on compiling pieces of my writing for something very exciting and special.

I'm getting my first book published!!

And I can’t wait to share it with you all!
More details coming soon:)

I'm keeping everyone updated through my social medias, so I'd recommend staying tuned through those platforms - 

Facebook  |  Instagram

I will be having a couple book release parties in the next two weeks.

And it will also be available on Amazon.com by the end of the month.

Her facebook has two videos of her opening an amazon package of a hard copy of her book. As for the bolded, will this book be compiled of the things on her blog? If so, she really, really, REALLY needs to put the mystical orange penis ferret in there. 

@Anonymousguest Does your sister specialize in a particular genre? I'm close to finishing the third draft of a fantasy/romance novel with intent to actually, like, get an agent and publish the old fashioned way. :kitty-wink: If I get off my ass and actually work sometime this month I may be in need of professional editing soon.

On 11/14/2017 at 7:28 AM, LilMissMetaphor said:

I mean, honestly, no snark, it's nice that she doesn't care that she has some cellulite and is showing it (I've got plenty myself) but, I'm just baffled that she chooses to show pictures like this and pretends to be supahmodest at the same time.  It doesn't jibe.

I agree, women should not have to be dictated by societal standards based on their body when it comes to dress. I think her post just seemed uncomfortable and attention seeking, as everything Raquel does, because she was in a swimsuit by a freaking waterfall in the pnw in November. 

She took a picture of the sunset ("God's sky painting") while going 60 down the highway. Did it not occur to her to pull over? One day, she's going to cause a serious accident.

17 minutes ago, Terrie said:

She took a picture of the sunset ("God's sky painting") while going 60 down the highway. Did it not occur to her to pull over? One day, she's going to cause a serious accident.

At the very least, we'll see a rambling blog post about how the mean police officer who pulled her over for speeding and distracted driving was so mean and didn't appreciate her creativity or the beauty of the sunset and sometimes you just have to capture a moment and could this police officer be Boyfriend #5480548058 because Raquel could teach him to appreciate the beauty of the world?

That's the very best-case-scenario consequence for what she's doing. Raquel, I'm going to tell you what my dad told me about doing stupid shit while driving: the life your stupidity ends may not be your own.

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

Did anyone else see her post about how deep and spiritual nude modeling is? :pb_lol:

I have only seen implied nudes on her page, and what she has been tagged in. I know from experience that you can control what you are tagged in, as I also model and sometimes I do not want 1) crappy shots from a shoot I did just for pay or 2) more revealing parts of a set I did as part of a bigger shoot that I am fine with but don't want people I know to go and gawk at. That being said I did stalk a few of the photogs she has worked with just to see if she has done more revealing stuff but is just hiding the tag (that may sound creept but I am a female model! I am just looking out of curiosity) I didn't find anything. There is definitely a difference between art nudes and racy stuff, and from that odd band/musician motif shoot Raquel did (which was kind of shitty tbh) I feel like she would do racier things based on that weird shot where she has her pants kind of pulled down in the front with a logo painted on her lower abdomen and the focus was right there from an upward angle. 

I have no issue with what Raquel does in the body department, it is just frustrating how catty she is towards other people for exercising less bold expressions of bodily autonomy. A hypocrite as always.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:56 AM, Terrie said:

Seriously, I don't understand why anybody would do something like that, and admit to it on social media, too. It's beyond dangerous and yet I see people using their phones every day while they drive. :( 

On 11/24/2017 at 3:39 PM, clueliss said:

Raquel announced on instagram that she bought tickets to go to South American.

Time for her to go prey on vulnerable teens again. :my_sad:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived