IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen

SpoonfulOSugar

Honestly I don't think I would be offended either. She must be asked this 10x a day. It's just the culture, nothing to do with her looks. I feel like all the fundies are hoping she is.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if shes struggling getting pregnant dont you think that would be exhausting and hurtful? Its one thing dealing with her irl friends and family. The constant internet strangers have got to be taxing. Personally i wish she would just kind of tell them to lay the hell off. 

58 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

But if shes struggling getting pregnant dont you think that would be exhausting and hurtful? Its one thing dealing with her irl friends and family. The constant internet strangers have got to be taxing. Personally i wish she would just kind of tell them to lay the hell off. 

She can't tell them to lay off---the people commenting are her family's bread and butter. Michael and Brandon, for whatever reason, have decided to continue as part of the Bates' dog and pony show. Unfortunately, that means the baby-rabid fans will see a pregnancy in every picture, and read clues into every comment. As we all know, fecundity is a huge part of their brand. It's glossily packaged for public consumption by the media and the Bates themselves.

Having fertility issues myself, I have sympathy for Michael, I truly do, but if she is unhappy with the speculation, she and Brandon should pull the plug on their social media accounts, or, as others have suggested, disable the comments. If the comments are causing her pain, I would hope Gil or Kelly would tell her to step back. I believe this won't happen because I think the baby speculation is considered a good thing by the family--it keeps the interest up. Look how much mileage they got from Erin's miscarriages and the dramatic birth of Carson. Nothing is too private, or too sacred, to share.

There is a price to be paid for fame and fortune, and Gil and Kelly are more than happy to pass that bill on to their children.

I really don't feel bad about the leghumpers asking about babies. They are free to make their instagram private just like everyone else who values their privacy. Since they all happily exploit their personal lives on TV (The grown-up married children have a choice IMO), it only makes sense to happily answer questions about your uterus. It's a life choice. 

Just now, faraway said:

I really don't feel bad about the leghumpers asking about babies. They are free to make their instagram private just like everyone else who values their privacy. Since they all happily exploit their personal lives on TV (The grown-up married children have a choice IMO), it only makes sense to happily answer questions about your uterus. It's a life choice. 

Especially when your family's life is having a big family and you are said to be the one who loves babies the most. If there are struggles that is sad, but they are putting themselves out there. If they want privacy then they could have it. 

Very true. Im actually really surprised and puzzled by the fact that instead of doing so she just continues to answer what must be becoming a painful question. I dont think her family or UP is not allowing her to make her social media private. Alyssa did it. Or she could just ignore the questions and comments.  I think shes putting herself through this bc she thinks she needs to be gracious, humble, patient even if it makes her personsally uncomfortable.  I totally think she should pull the plug on her social media. But i dont get the feeling that shes not doing so bc of personal fame seeking or the dog and pony show necessarily 

On 11/27/2016 at 9:54 AM, fluffernutter said:

It's like a chinchilla living on top of the woman's head. I can't figure it out! 

Chinchillas never look that bad.  Our Ms. Fuzzy Butt would have been appalled at that mess.

I think one of the reasons that Michaela isn't pregnant is that they are truly "letting it up to God" and not interfering in His timing. Look how long it took Brandon to notice her because she said herself that there was no way she was going to make her feelings known to him. If it was Gods will, she decided that Brandon would be inspired to take an interest in her.

I think it is the same with her getting pregnant. Unlike her Mom or Michelle, who were probably at it every moment during the fertile days of their cycle, I think she is literally putting her trust in God. She could be waiting a long, long time then!

I think that's actually a really good assessment. We always mention with the Duggars and Bates that leaving it truly up to God would be enjoying sweet fellowship when in a mood and waiting. Instead, we are led to believe they tracked their cycles and waited for the moments of being MOST fertile, which is really forcing a matter, not letting it happen naturally. I hope you are right about Michaela. Maybe they are enjoying each other's company in ways other than acting like rabbits, and actually getting to know each other outside the bedroom.

Then again, that's probably just wishful thinking.

If this weren't Michaela I'd be thinking that they were saying one thing to the world and their families and doing something else.  That for me would be one big reason to be super tolerant of all the people asking about pregnancy.  Smile and say no not yet and think not in the next three years either you twits. 

On 11/28/2016 at 5:20 PM, Carm_88 said:

Especially when your family's life is having a big family and you are said to be the one who loves babies the most. If there are struggles that is sad, but they are putting themselves out there. If they want privacy then they could have it. 

Yes. Also, their whole family advocates very publicly for the right to be involved in decisions regarding my uterus. Why don't we get to know about hers? Frankly I'm annoyed FJ hasn't received personal invites to her ob/gyn appointments... 

12 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I think that's actually a really good assessment. We always mention with the Duggars and Bates that leaving it truly up to God would be enjoying sweet fellowship when in a mood and waiting. Instead, we are led to believe they tracked their cycles and waited for the moments of being MOST fertile, which is really forcing a matter, not letting it happen naturally. I hope you are right about Michaela. Maybe they are enjoying each other's company in ways other than acting like rabbits, and actually getting to know each other outside the bedroom.

It might be wishful thinking, but I really hope for it to be true.

On 11/29/2016 at 6:00 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

Hopefully they are enjoying the time that they have together. And that there isn't too much pressure on them because it doesn't see to be happening. Also wishful thinking. 

On 11/28/2016 at 3:30 PM, Season of life... said:

Nothing is too private, or too sacred, to share.

And some, maybe most, feel like their trials are their testimony. Whatever horrible thing they have to endure is a chance to demonstrate their reliance on and faith in God. And when they do get pregnant, or adopt a child, that too will be proof of God's love & mercy.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived