IGNORED

FLDS on Dateline next Friday

I know some of you enjoy learning about the FLDS.

I don't have much information (sorry). I was watching a commercial and it was previewed. They are interviewing a former FLDS woman. One I have never seen before.

Anyway I am sure there will be more info throughout the week.

I have more information

Friday on #Dateline, Rebecca Musser speaks out for the first time about being born into The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and her fight for justice against church leader Warren Jeffs.

http://www.nbcnews(dot)com/video/dateline/52983013#52983013 (broken link)

I have more information

Friday on #Dateline, Rebecca Musser speaks out for the first time about being born into The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and her fight for justice against church leader Warren Jeffs.

http://www.nbcnews(dot)com/video/dateline/52983013#52983013 (broken link)

nbcnews.com/video/dateline/52983013#52983013

Fixed the link, as it's easier this way.

nbcnews.com/video/dateline/52983013#52983013

Fixed the link, as it's easier this way.

Okay I was always told to break the link... sorry

Okay I was always told to break the link... sorry

If you take the http://www off it breaks the link. It's easier to copy and paste this way on mobile devices than if you use the (dot) to break. :)

I'm pretty sure Rebecca Musser is the older sister of Elissa Wall who told her story in "Stolen Innocence", and one of two or three (?) of Elissa's older sisters to be married to the former prophet, Rulon Jeffs.

This makes me wish I had TV!

Within a day or two, it'll be up on the NBC website. They put all of their Dateline shows online. :)

Thanks for the heads up! I just set up the DVR.

I'm pretty sure Rebecca Musser is the older sister of Elissa Wall who told her story in "Stolen Innocence", and one of two or three (?) of Elissa's older sisters to be married to the former prophet, Rulon Jeffs.

Yes and she testified against Jeffs. She wore red on the stand, a color flds are forbidden from wearing. She has a new book out.

I will be watching too! I believe the last time(earlier this year) they had the FLDS on Dateline, the episode was online the next morning.

I wonder if Sisterwives Blog knows about the episode... off to check!

Yes and she testified against Jeffs. She wore red on the stand, a color flds are forbidden from wearing. She has a new book out.

The name Rebecca Musser sounds about right. I read Elissa Wall's story and I think I mentally confused Rebecca with Teresa Blackmore, who Elissa met in Canada.

NotALoserLikeYou, thank you for this. My next question was going to ask if Musser wrote a book about her experiences. I know where I will be bright and early tomorrow - looking for her story at my local bookstore. :)

Edited for riffles

The name Rebecca Musser sounds about right. I read Elissa Wall's story and I think I mentally confused Rebecca with Teresa Blackmore, who Elissa met in Canada.

NotALoserLikeYou, thank you for this. My next question was going to ask if Musser wrote a book about her experiences. I know where I will be bright and early tomorrow - looking for her story at my local bookstore. :)

Edited for riffles

She wrote a book called The Witness Wore Red amazon.com/The-Witness-Wore-Red-Polygamous/dp/1455527858/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379119525&sr=8-1&keywords=Rebecca+Musser

She was the 19th Wife of 85-year-old Rulon Jeffs, Warren's father.

I have just read the book - the insights into Alta Academy and Rulon Jeff's home, his illness, and Warrens take over were very interesting and it contained material I hadn't read before (its rare to find new FLDS info)

I have just read the book - the insights into Alta Academy and Rulon Jeff's home, his illness, and Warrens take over were very interesting and it contained material I hadn't read before (its rare to find new FLDS info)

I agree. There's so much of an overlap with FLDS stories that many of the books written by former cult members who escaped, while inspiring, often don't offer new insight to those who follow their stories.

The closest I came to finding anything new was Sam Brower's Prophet's Prey (2011). He offers new information and closure for many of the people he dealt with that were formerly in the FLDS. Many of his contacts helped bring Jeffs to justice.

• 3 months later...

Archived