IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller are expecting!

xReems

I actually don't think David is "effeminate". I certainly don't act the way he does. He acts in a way which is stereotypical of a certain type of gay man, and aside from being attracted to guys it has nothing to do with how the majority of women act. Nobody is claiming that every gay man acts that way. But it's a certain subtype and it's pinging the hell out of my gaydar. I totally don't buy into anxious masculinity and I don't think a man being interested in clothes or knitting is suddenly gay. It is possible that David is straight; I just think it's a very slim chance.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He actually starts singing earlier than this point, but at 28:28, see David in all his glory. A few times he nearly smacks poor Prissy in the face in his exuberance.

Just curious - why are the Kellers so low on the Gothard totem pole? Surely for some other reason than their unhealthy hair?

My guess is because they are poor. Most of those in Gothard land are more middle class. Also, they've had several children leave the cult.

I definitely think there's a small, small chance David's straight and simply presents as...otherwise, but just for the hell of it and because the comparison's frequently been made, I decided to directly A-B clips of David vs. Liberace. I know now which one I think sounds slightly more butch...

a7wCo-R5tdQ

QbXOfRzxBwg

...and it ain't the ginger.

I definitely think there's a small, small chance David's straight and simply presents as...otherwise, but just for the hell of it and because the comparison's frequently been made, I decided to directly A-B clips of David vs. Liberace. I know now which one I think sounds slightly more butch...

a7wCo-R5tdQ

QbXOfRzxBwg

I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying. This is possibly the best comparison ever, just because it's so damn accurate. :lol:

I went out to lunch a few days ago with a friend I hadn't seen in several years. She has divorced and remarried during that time. She is 100% convinced her former husband is gay, as is everyone who knows him, but he can't come to terms with it. She would like to see him come out because she knows he'll be happier. He spends all of his free time with a male friend who is married. The kids are beginning to notice that Daddy is always with Mr. L, and they've even asked their Mom if he is a boy who likes boys. She wisely answers they need to ask their Dad. If this man, who is not religious, has family who are very accepting of gays, and lives in a very gay friendly city has trouble coming out how much harder must it be for someone like David.

Agree, the minute Liberace took over the helm of the Queen Mary, he nearly turned all butch on us!

David was so thrilled about the red roses and the white wedding dress (even covering himself under her veil after the ceremony), I can only imagine how many shades of green he would turn with envy if he could see that trailing white mink.

a7wCo-R5tdQ

QbXOfRzxBwg

He looks blonde to me, although he was a ginge as a kid. Don't lump him in with PHG (Prince Hot Ginge aka Prince Harry for anyone who doesn't read d-listed) and all the other HOT gingers out there!

My brother, who's a drag queen, is more masculine than ole Dave.

eta: That Liberace clip is hilarious. Brings back some great memories; when I was about 9, some of my friends and I would find material scraps and make gaudy Liberace-wear. Good times. :mrgreen:

He looks blonde to me, although he was a ginge as a kid. Don't lump him in with PHG (Prince Hot Ginge aka Prince Harry for anyone who doesn't read d-listed) and all the other HOT gingers out there!

Strawberry blond? Some people look more blond than red unless the light hits them the right way; David's just a faded ginger. Or a faded jinger, maybe.

I don't know what it says about the quality or lack in my upbringing that my dad let all of us watch Liberace whenever he was on TV. Granted we were girls but we couldn't even manage a single lesbian with so much exposure to teh gayz.

David Waller has as much chance of being straight as I do of being a natural blonde.

Strawberry blond? Some people look more blond than red unless the light hits them the right way; David's just a faded ginger. Or a faded jinger, maybe.

Hammer, meet nail. :lol:

I don't know what it says about the quality or lack in my upbringing that my dad let all of us watch Liberace whenever he was on TV. Granted we were girls but we couldn't even manage a single lesbian with so much exposure to teh gayz.

As kids in the 70's, we all watched Liberace. And Paul Lynde. And Charles Nelson Reilly. We watched as (likely gay) Merv Griffin gushed over (formerly gay) Little Richard who came on his talk show wearing a gossamer frock and sang Tutti Fruitti . We knew they were different, but nobody talked about anyone being gay, and although my ever so tactful father would sometimes mutter something about "fruits", there was no censorship by our parents and no one really cared, probably because most of the innuendos went straight over our heads.

Looking back, it was a strange "in between" sort of time when it came to gay men in particular on TV.

He actually starts singing earlier than this point, but at 28:28, see David in all his glory. A few times he nearly smacks poor Prissy in the face in his exuberance.

Does he really think he is directing music? He is just waving his hand around. Also, is just sort of skimmed the video, but why do the groomsmen suddenly have on sunglasses?

As kids in the 70's, we all watched Liberace. And Paul Lynde. And Charles Nelson Reilly. We watched as (likely gay) Merv Griffin gushed over (formerly gay) Little Richard who came on his talk show wearing a gossamer frock and sang Tutti Fruitti . We knew they were different, but nobody talked about anyone being gay, and although my ever so tactful father would sometimes mutter something about "fruits", there was no censorship by our parents and no one really cared, probably because most of the innuendos went straight over our heads.

Looking back, it was a strange "in between" sort of time when it came to gay men in particular on TV.

I remember seeing Liberace on tv as well as a kid. I didn't know there were gay people, but I somehow knew that he wasn't interested in girls the same way most guys were.

Poor David...I would love to take you to see an Erasure concert.

I actually don't think David is "effeminate". I certainly don't act the way he does. He acts in a way which is stereotypical of a certain type of gay man, and aside from being attracted to guys it has nothing to do with how the majority of women act. Nobody is claiming that every gay man acts that way. But it's a certain subtype and it's pinging the hell out of my gaydar. I totally don't buy into anxious masculinity and I don't think a man being interested in clothes or knitting is suddenly gay. It is possible that David is straight; I just think it's a very slim chance.

Camp. That's what I'd call him.

Camp. That's what I'd call him.

Effeminate men like David aren't actually acting like real life women. They pick up traits traditionally considered "feminine" and then exaggerate the hell out of them. If they acted like most of the women I know - myself included - no one would probably look at them as "effeminate". They'd probably just be considered to be a little gentler and a little more interested in their appearance than the average guy. Maybe that's why over-the-top effeminate guys are called "queens". I don't understand the psychology of it all, but I suspect, at least in David's, case it's being done subconsciously and not something he can control.

Effeminate men like David aren't actually acting like real life women. They pick up traits traditionally considered "feminine" and then exaggerate the hell out of them. If they acted like most of the women I know - myself included - no one would probably look at them as "effeminate". They'd probably just be considered to be a little gentler and a little more interested in their appearance than the average guy. Maybe that's why over-the-top effeminate guys are called "queens". I don't understand the psychology of it all, but I suspect, at least in David's, case it's being done subconsciously and not something he can control.

I don't think it is something they do, but something they are. Several cultures have a third gender of effeminate men. They have a lot in common with Western "effeminate" men. I refuse to believe that David is choosing this. It is just another inborn trait, nothing he can help, and I am willing to bet he has tried to be manlier.

I don't think it is something they do, but something they are. Several cultures have a third gender of effeminate men. They have a lot in common with Western "effeminate" men. I refuse to believe that David is choosing this. It is just another inborn trait, nothing he can help, and I am willing to bet he has tried to be manlier.

It's that trying that is the something he is doing. He's trying desperately to be some idealized version of 'manly' and goes so far overboard that any inherent trait is actually emphasized.

That's what happens when people don't accept themselves; they shine a light on what they dislike by trying to be something they're not. If I were walking around trying to be a teenager, it would be obvious in every step that I am anything but. It would be pretty pathetic, too. Instead, I walk around as the 45 year old I am and people often have a hard time figuring out my age (although I'd never be mistaken for a teenager...those days are long, long gone). When you try to change something, you focus too much on it and that's all anyone else sees.

My advisor researchs gay men and their identity presentation- he has been called to provide an 'official' commentary on Ted Haggard and the wide stance Minnesota congressman whose name I can't remember.

One common thought process amongst fundie guys seems to be that gay is a choice- if you're a good Christian man who chooses not to be gay, and gets married and has kids, obviously you're not gay, because you're not a heathen drag queen hell bound sinner. Taking it a step further, since homosexual feelings are never discussed forthrightly, most closeted Christian males assume that EVERY other guy secretly has to deal with lust for other men, as part of wordly sinfulness or temptation from satan. That perspective makes it very, very hard to personally identify or acknowledge yourself as gay.

Ted Haggard is actually a perfect example of the type of man you are describing.

He admits he's sexually attracted to men. He admits he's had sex with men. But he insists he's not gay. Maybe he's bisexual, he'll say, but since he can (force himself to) have sex with his wife, he is now exclusively heterosexual by choice.

Sorry, Teddy boy, but that ain't how it works and I'd bet the rent you've had more than a few "slip ups" during this new "exclusively heterosexual" period.

My son has Spina Bifida. Generally the degree of the defect corresponds with where it is on the spinal cord. My son's is L5-L6, which means his defect is between the 5th and 6th vertebre. Everything below that is what's damaged. Additionally, most (if not all) people with Spina Bifida have Hydrocephalus (translates to 'water on the brain') which is excessive spinal fluid on the brain.

I have a hard time believing anyone born with Spina Bifida is completely healthy with no lasting effects. A mild case of SB usually produces at the very least a club foot, requiring surgery and a leg brace. Hydrocephalus produces problems ranging from learning disabilities to mild-severe cognitive disabilities.

ETA: My son had a Myelomeningocele, not SB Oculta.

Yes, there are some with SB who don't have MAJOR complications. Some with SB occulta don't even find out that they have SB until some routine check-up years into life. There's a small tuft of hair on the spine, that the person probably passed as nothing before. It's often a sign of SB occulta - Here's the Spina bifida Hydrocephals Assoc of Canada speil on SB occulta, which is MUCH less serious than myelomeningocele - www.sbhac.ca/pdf/Info_Sheet_Occulta.pdf

I was born with hydrocephalus. Have had 13 surgeries to correct issues from shunting. 10 of those surgeries have been in the past 9 years. It is not only an excess amount of CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) on the brain, but also an inability for the brain to reabsorb the fluid back into the body via blood. This is either due to over production of csf or some blockage (often, but not always congenital in origin) that doesn't allow the fluid to exit the brain, leading to increased pressure from within & around the brain.

Yes, there are some with SB who don't have MAJOR complications. Some with SB occulta don't even find out that they have SB until some routine check-up years into life. There's a small tuft of hair on the spine, that the person probably passed as nothing before. It's often a sign of SB occulta - Here's the Spina bifida Hydrocephals Assoc of Canada speil on SB occulta, which is MUCH less serious than myelomeningocele - http://www.sbhac.ca/pdf/Info_Sheet_Occulta.pdf

I was born with hydrocephalus. Have had 13 surgeries to correct issues from shunting. 10 of those surgeries have been in the past 9 years. It is not only an excess amount of CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) on the brain, but also an inability for the brain to reabsorb the fluid back into the body via blood. This is either due to over production of csf or some blockage (often, but not always congenital in origin) that doesn't allow the fluid to exit the brain, leading to increased pressure from within & around the brain.

I had to chime in! I was way too excited to "meet" another person with hydrocephalus! I've been fortunate to only being shunted 3 times in 26 years. Birth, age 11 and 16.

I had to chime in! I was way too excited to "meet" another person with hydrocephalus! I've been fortunate to only being shunted 3 times in 26 years. Birth, age 11 and 16.

I so wish my sister Margaret could have been one of you too. She was born in 1948, she had massive hydrocephalus. My parents consulted with many neurosurgeons but there was nothing to be done at the time. I'm not sure when shunting started but it is a miracle treatment. Glad both of you are alive and well.

Have you seen the newest post from the lovebirds?

--> davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/09/13/do-you-pass-the-running-tests/

This guy just... leaves me speechless... Who in their right mind would run a 42 km marathon in SLACKS AND POLO???? :shock:

And of course there is a t-shirt under the polo shirt so that the spectators wouldn't be defrauded by his sweaty nipples. My God... I wonder if the organizers of the run tried to convince him to change his dress. It's a miracle he didn't faint from heatstroke. Why the hell is wearing a loose t-shirt (not a body hugging technical sport shirt) and long legged sport pants so sinful he can't wear them but instead runs a fucking marathon (an admirable achievement, though) looking like straight out of office?!?

Archived