IGNORED

Josh Duggar's Instagram (Part 4)

StarrieEyedKat

Yup thats her:

15625b82c77d11e19ab222000a1e8819_71.jpg

and something I noticed... look at the look the girl next to her is giving her...

15625b82c77d11e19ab222000a1e8819_7.jpg

:naughty: :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Forever 21 has a John##-## on its plastic bags (yeah sorry I suck at verses)

The article says the verse is John 3:16 ("For God so loved the world…"). It's the easiest verse to put on crap and let people know you're "Christian". I"m not sure what buying cheap, runs-small, teenage appeal clothes has to do with eternal life...

I think Forever 21 has a John##-## on its plastic bags (yeah sorry I suck at verses)

Wasn't there an uproar a few years ago about Forever 21 trying to target pregnant teenagers in their new maternity line? The only reason I remember this is because, being pregnant at the time, I was looking for ANYTHING that didn't look like a frumpy tent with a hole cut out for the neck. Seriously, I was having a baby, I didn't age thirty years and lose all fashion sense.

Wasn't there an uproar a few years ago about Forever 21 trying to target pregnant teenagers in their new maternity line? The only reason I remember this is because, being pregnant at the time, I was looking for ANYTHING that didn't look like a frumpy tent with a hole cut out for the neck. Seriously, I was having a baby, I didn't age thirty years and lose all fashion sense.

YES!! I remember that. I was thinking of that too when someone first brought up Forever 21 being a christian company. They introduced a "new member of the family". I think it was two years ago? (My son just turned two and I think I was nearing the end of my pregnancy when it came out. I could be completely off though)

Although I will say - what was the big deal? Like you mentioned, plenty of people want fashionable maternity clothes. So what's wrong with a store that "targets" teens to have a maternity line? It's better than doing what I did - buy the next size up. I also found it disgusting that everyone had an uproar about it but seemingly don't care much about MTVs 16 and Pregnant or Teenmom. WTF?

Toms of Maine is owned by Colgate-Palmolive. Tom Chappel (the founder) briefly went to Harvard Divinity. After studying philosophy and divinity he made a choice to run a values based business that donated a portion of profits to charities. I think like Dan West of Heifer (who is a member of COB) Chappel believes in works based faith without the dogma and legalism that is addressed here on FJ.

56a15872c7a611e1aaec22000a1e88af_6.jpg

This is the second of third chicken pic he's posted. I'm not sure what to make of it. He certainly doesnt idolize tyson in the same way he worships walmart but I'm wondering who the fuck at corporate keeps letting smugly in! (both walmart and tyson). Why on Earth would any of these companies want to have any dealings with him???

I realize this thread has moved on, but that sign is out by the road, and he was probably driving when he took the picture.

Toms of Maine is owned by Colgate-Palmolive. Tom Chappel (the founder) briefly went to Harvard Divinity. After studying philosophy and divinity he made a choice to run a values based business that donated a portion of profits to charities. I think like Dan West of Heifer (who is a member of COB) Chappel believes in works based faith without the dogma and legalism that is addressed here on FJ.

I really freaking like Tom's Toothpaste. They have a kid's toothpaste that doesn't have Red#40 in it, which is rather difficult to find in the land of Elmo & Cars.

Tyson is included on this list of companies that are "intensely religious."

http://www.businessinsider.com/17-big-c ... z1jyuArgHH

That picture of girls wearing Chick-fil-A cow outfits with udders is disturbing.

meh. My stepmom has worked at Tyson HQ for almost 30 years, and I don't think it's anymore religious than Wal-Mart. They are very very corporate, as in publicly-traded corporate. Not a bit along the lines of Chik-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby.

I really freaking like Tom's Toothpaste. They have a kid's toothpaste that doesn't have Red#40 in it, which is rather difficult to find in the land of Elmo & Cars.

A condition of the sale is that the product lines would stay true.

Bob's Red Mill is a values based business also run by Christians. I seriously doubt that these three entities, Bob's, Tom's and Heifer in the same boat as Chick Fila or Tyson's who donates to anti gay marriage causes.

e49e8f5cc89411e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

I guess this is why the Bates are in town

It's a graduation ceremony! How snark-worthy!

I was reading through the last few posts and was about to start crying when I found out Tom's of Maine was religious. Then I clicked on the article and I'm totally cool with them. Phew! I adore their fennel toothpaste. No boycott necessary. :dance:

ETA- I wrote this up at the same time expdd clarified.

Ya, and Tyson's is on the is on the list because they employ chaplains to help employees with spiritual matters--and in the article it clearly states there is no particular religious agenda.

It's a graduation ceremony! How snark-worthy!

A few questions: who is graduating? Joseph in 17 so he should have graduated already. (They frequently say their children graduate early bc they spend so much time together :roll: but in their defense, homeschoolers do generally graduate earlier.) So that leaves Josiah who will be 16 next month. It's certainly possible he's graduating. (My daughter is an October baby. She will start school just before she turns five. Plenty of August babies do this)

My second big question. Today is James' 11th birthday. Why must he share it? Can't he have his birthday today and whomever have the graduation tomorrow or yesterday? Who has a graduation in July anyway?!

And who the fuck is Andrew?!?! .. maybe the graduation is for someone else? Of course that only makes it worse to have the big ceremony on someone else's birthday. Seriously.

A condition of the sale is that the product lines would stay true.

Bob's Red Mill is a values based business also run by Christians. I seriously doubt that these three entities, Bob's, Tom's and Heifer in the same boat as Chick Fila or Tyson's who donates to anti gay marriage causes.

I feel like I've dodged a bullet as Hobby Lobby as ridiculously low priced 8x10 picture frames. I don't have to give up everything!

I was reading through the last few posts and was about to start crying when I found out Tom's of Maine was religious. Then I clicked on the article and I'm totally cool with them. Phew! I adore their fennel toothpaste. No boycott necessary. :dance:

ETA- I wrote this up at the same time expdd clarified.

I'm pretty up to date with researching products I buy and buying with intent. Christians like Tom, and Bob are the kind I like having in my life. Tyson, Simplot (fast food spud growers), Ore Ida all are companies I refuse to support.

A few questions: who is graduating? Joseph in 17 so he should have graduated already. (They frequently say their children graduate early bc they spend so much time together :roll: but in their defense, homeschoolers do generally graduate earlier.) So that leaves Josiah who will be 16 next month. It's certainly possible he's graduating. (My daughter is an October baby. She will start school just before she turns five. Plenty of August babies do this)

My second big question. Today is James' 11th birthday. Why must he share it? Can't he have his birthday today and whomever have the graduation tomorrow or yesterday? Who has a graduation in July anyway?!

And who the fuck is Andrew?!?! .. maybe the graduation is for someone else? Of course that only makes it worse to have the big ceremony on someone else's birthday. Seriously.

I'm fairly certain there isn't an Andrew Bates, so it's probably a gathering of several ATI families celebrating their graduations. I imagine this is mainly for the show, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were "graduating" several school years' worth of kids since it's probably a one-time thing.

I wonder if it is Josiah since they could say how much college minus helped him? Maybe he will be the first boy to persue some sort of college because he doesn't seem like he wants to sell cars or fic cars or tow cars or whatever else is left to do with cars.

I know we saw one graduation on the show. It was Jessa? Does anyone remember how they worded it. Was it Jessa is graduating from high school, homeschool, got her GED? I have this feeling that not all of the over 16's Duggar kids have passed the GED.

Thanks to Josh's instagram it is very clear the show is staged. I always thought how could they stage packing, dentist's visits, and field trips to the park. The show is boring but it is boring day to day life. I'm waiting to see how these pictures turn to episodes. Will they pull a Kate Goseelin (fake Christmas morning) and claim they shot off fireworks on the fourth? Will birthday's and graduation's happen on the real day or at random times that are best for filming?

I'm fairly certain there isn't an Andrew Bates, so it's probably a gathering of several ATI families celebrating their graduations. I imagine this is mainly for the show, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were "graduating" several school years' worth of kids since it's probably a one-time thing.

I didn't mean to imply the bates were there for their child's graduation, just - like you said - a gathering of ATI families for a graduation. I assume Andrew the main person since his card thing is all I see.

Unfortunately, I do agree that it's all for show )-: They probably don't get anything special for graduating other than "you're done with school! ... Now teach the others". Still though, can't their kids get a birthday that isn't overshadowed by something else ??

Jinger is between Michelle and Jim-Bob, I can see the baby headband she always wears *eyeroll*

Jinger is between Michelle and Jim-Bob, I can see the baby headband she always wears *eyeroll*

I see that now! Someone in the comments said she was between them and I couldn't see it. Thanks for pointing that out ..

I'm still curious who Andrew is .. this is one of those stupid things that will bother me until I have an answer ;)

1e45fa48c89e11e1a8761231381b4856_6.jpg

Here's from the other angle .. one of the people he tagged in his picture is taking some too .. this should be interesting ..

Looks like it is a party for a mass graduation!! Andrew, Elizabeth, Joseph are graduating. Among others I assume.

Just found that!

1e45fa48c89e11e1a8761231381b4856_7.jpg

jessica_pena143 Grad party at the dugger's :) 1h

and see the congrats... Andrew, Elizabeth, Joseph etc down the podium? Seems it really is a big ole Graduatin' party!

Archived