IGNORED

VF's "2011 Homeschool Curriculum of the Year"

GenerationCedarchip

I just got an email promising me all kinds of enlightenment if only I will cough up the money to buy the history of Christianity and Western Civ. according to Vision Forum. I always thought a homeschool curriculum covered a number of subjects but Dougie promises that I'll be well-educated if only I listen to all these lectures about how "the men and the movements" fit into God's providential history plan. Or something. It seems to involve hours of Dougie, ABD Potter and Dr. Morecraft nattering on. Whatever it is, I could get a completion certificate at the end of it!

I'm guesing this all pretty snarkworthy, but there's no way I'd spend $50+ on this mess. I picked up on of the VF audios at the Goodwill for $0.50 once and that was gracious plenty for me. The sound of Doug Phillips' voice(he sometimes sounds like Richard Simmons, btw) and the way it cracks when he gets excited will haunt my dreams. :o

Did they offer a breakdown of the topics? How long is the course? I mean the history of Christianity alone could feasibly take years upon years of study.

I was hoping for a breakdown of topics, but no such luck. There's a 9 hour DVD and 24 hours of audio lecture, though. Seems a little skimpy. Even at my secular state university, you could do multiple semesters of history of Christianity (or Judaism, for that matter).

Archived