IGNORED

Anderson Cooper is... Gay...

Buzzard

That article inked to another one about Gillian Anderson being lesbian. I had no idea.

My mind is blown. This is not snark.

:shock: I didn't know that, either. Nor did I know Jane Velez Mitchell is a lesbian. I now feel much better informed! :lol:

You mean, like this?

6423242697_b9e120246f.jpg

I love this picture. :romance-heartbeating:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad he finally made the worst secret in the word official, but after his appearance on Kathy Griffin's show a couple of weeks ago, he really had no choice; a remark of his about dating some comedian on the couch next to him as "never gonna happen" couldn't have been any more obvious.

Thankfully, anyone who watches Kathy already knew this, BUT in case there were interns from FAUX News on the beat at the time...he'd be the first to know that sort of chatter and for that reason I think this was sort of forced, ie. beat the press to the punch. I hate that this is still happening and I also hate that AC had to live a lie to the public for 45ish years.

Angri-La, thanks for the cake! My brother needs some ideas. :dance:

Oh, I know. I was being silly, which didn't come across well. I travel in very gay circles, so sometimes I forget that the general public doesn't know things I accept as common knowledge. I am very proud of him!

I think it was pretty much common knowledge among the general public. Glad he decided to formally come out though.

That article inked to another one about Gillian Anderson being lesbian. I had no idea.

My mind is blown. This is not snark.

I remember hearing somewhere several months back that Gillian Anderson is bisexual.

gayweddingcake1.jpg

Because there can never be enough cake. Everyone grab :chores-utensils: I couldn't find the fucking spork smiley!

:gay-rainbowflag:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/anderson-cooper-comes-out-gay_n_1643276.html

I'm putting this in snark because Anderson is a patron saint even though this is really chatter. Congrats to Anderson for coming out publicly.

Take that Pearl, you let a dirty homo talk to you! He may have even touched you!

I thought he came out a long time ago and everyone knew he was gay. Whatever, I am very pleased it is now official.

Good for him. My grandma thinks he's just the sexiest thing alive. I told her he was gay. I can't believe she had no idea, but she said, "so, an old lady can still appreciate eye candy." Oh, how I love her.

But anyway, kudos to Mr. Cooper.

I love both Anderson and your rad grandma

Ha, sort of reminds me of when Sean Maher came out last year (mmm, Simon). He'd been living with his partner for years and they have 2 kids together. I'm not sure how this was meant to be a secret :?

In any case, good for AC :dance:

Congratulations Anderson on formally coming out of the closet. Everyone knew, but I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to do so!

Dear fundies: being gay does not affect Anderson's masculinity or his worth as a person. I'd rather have him around if a natural disaster struck than anyone from Alert or any of the fundies that go play "manly men" in the jungle.

Guest Anonymous

Anderson Cooper isn't on British television... and yet, I was aware that he was probably gay. What I didn't know was that he was Gloria Vanderbilt's son. (That actually kind of blew my mind.) That says something about where I get my information from. Oh well.

The article doesn't have the most flattering pictures of him. He looks sort of like a pink newt.

Anderson Cooper isn't on British television... and yet, I was aware that he was probably gay. What I didn't know was that he was Gloria Vanderbilt's son. (That actually kind of blew my mind.) That says something about where I get my information from. Oh well.

The article doesn't have the most flattering pictures of him. He looks sort of like a pink newt.

Yes, he looks too washed out in that picture. He's actually very handsome and has the prettiest blue eyes.

Sigh, gorgeous and a trust fund.

I have mixed feelings about this. It bothers me that straight is still assumed until someone officially announces otherwise. I never came out as straight, and he shouldn't have to come out as gay. It also shouldn't matter for him to do his job.

On the other hand, those things shouldn't matter but they do, and his coming out might give courage or support to other gay people who do actually feel the need to hide it.

Damn he's easy on the eyes.

I wish I had a penis.

Damn he's easy on the eyes.

I wish I had a penis.

Even then, he's had the same boyfriend for years. We're all out of luck. *le sigh*

(snip)

Dear fundies: being gay does not affect Anderson's masculinity or his worth as a person. I'd rather have him around if a natural disaster struck than anyone from Alert or any of the fundies that go play "manly men" in the jungle.

True that!

Guest Anonymous
Even then, he's had the same boyfriend for years. We're all out of luck. *le sigh*

So you are saying... that we need to develop some kind of Quantum Leap technology? Get to it FJ!

I love both Anderson and your rad grandma

You'd really think my gram's gaydar would be better by now, considering me, her gay granddaughter, and how many gay friends I've had through the years, but alas, it's not so. Still though, she accepts everyone for who and what they are. To be old school, she's the fucking bomb. She loves teh gays!

---

I'm glad he came out, even though most knew already. It shouldn't be necessary, I agree, but I believe the more open people we have, especially celebrities with influence, the better. One day there will be a world where people can just be people. Unfortunately with all the shit going down right now, I don't think this is the time.

Edited for clarity. And for clarity again. Work, Brain!

So you are saying... that we need to develop some kind of Quantum Leap technology? Get to it FJ!

Seconded. Especially if it gets me in the hot gay dudes of my lifetime's bodies! :drool:

We can use it to fix all the mistakes fundies made in their live. Like make sure Steve, Terri, Jim Bob, and Michelle never meet!

I remember hearing somewhere several months back that Gillian Anderson is bisexual.

She is bisexual. According to Wikipedia, she's in a long-term relationship with a man (the father of her two sons), but she mentioned her bisexuality in an article earlier this year.

Good for AC. I always assumed but figured that if he felt like coming out, he would. Good for him. I wish him all the happiness in the world, blah, blah, blah.

Sigh. Okay, so judge me for having a tiny bit of hope that he wasn't and...well, I had naughty thoughts.

She is bisexual. According to Wikipedia, she's in a long-term relationship with a man (the father of her two sons), but she mentioned her bisexuality in an article earlier this year.

Yeah, I pulled the trigger too fast on that one.

Good for AC. I always assumed but figured that if he felt like coming out, he would. Good for him. I wish him all the happiness in the world, blah, blah, blah.

Sigh. Okay, so judge me for having a tiny bit of hope that he wasn't and...well, I had naughty thoughts.

You can still think, just with no hope. ;)

Archived