IGNORED

Anderson Cooper is... Gay...

Buzzard

The Mormon blogger who I mentioned in a previous post on this thread has weighed in her beloved Anderson's coming out. She is kind of ditzy about certain things and she is sort of treating Anderson being gay as a tragedy.

paralyzedwithjoy.blogspot.com/2012/07/coming-out-subtly.html

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cookies and disco night? I am so there.

I'll bring cake and extra cookies ( chocolate chip because everyone loves chocolate chip! )!

Wait, Anderson was in the closet?!? Someone besides my homophobic mother, who still thinks he is the sexiest thing in pants (parents are gender clothes specific!) didn't know?

BTW: You're still mah boo, Anderson. I just want you to look at me sincerely when I talk, and cradle me, Bodyguard style, just once, okay?

This :D

I, too, had no idea he was *in* the closet.

Cookies and disco night? I am so there.

And though mah boo's homosexuality is hardly a secret, I am so glad Anderson officially came out. I just love him so much, and I want the best for him. He's good people!

We have gay disco night on Thursdays here in town. I'm gonna invite Anderson. :lol:

I actually think Chelsea has the potential to have some real chops. Maybe she's had things handed to her (Dad was Prez, after all), but she's also worked hard and gotten a good education (hear that, Bristol?), and has the potential to really be someone on her own. I just remember her being this quiet stability during ol' Bill's bad boy uproar, impeachment, all that. She was really young at the time, too, and I don't know many girls who could have simply kept it all together, maybe helped Mom and Dad keep it together too, and in the public eye, no less. She did. I don't know enough about Jenna these days to know what she's like, and Bristol... well, spoiled rotten brat gets knocked up and rides Mom's (dubiously acquired) coattails for all they're worth. That'll peter out soon enough. No substance, and no long term success deserved. IMO.

Jenna Bush Hager seems very mature and educated. I believe she did missionary/volunteer work overseas. I saw an interview she did and she is very articulate. I would put her same league as Chelsea Clinton. Chelsea and Jenna are classy compared to Bristol Palin.

I have loved AC and his guts and hutzpah for a long time; what a guy. (And I've known he was gay since about the time I started to swoon for him when he was covering Katrina. I was crushed, I tell you, crushed.) He's Gloria Vanderbilt's kid and because of that could probably be a lazy daisy trust fund kid, sitting on his arse and doing nothing but spending Mommy's money. Instead, not only does he make his own way in the world, but he does it by doing... that. No spoiled rich kid, there. Kudos to him for coming out and being a role model for the poor kids who're being bullied and told every day (often by their own PARENTS) that who they are is wrong.

All of this. He could have been a male version of Paris Hilton, instead he chose to get an education and do something great with his life. A lot of people don't even know who his mother is.

I just want to be his friend, he seems like a lot of fun to hang out with and that giggle is just adorable.

I already 'knew' he is gay. Obviously, he wasn't out, but there was enough knowledge that all the talk of his coming out this week shocked me because I thought he already was.

He's always struck me as a pretty awesome human being. e

All of this. He could have been a male version of Paris Hilton, instead he chose to get an education and do something great with his life. A lot of people don't even know who his mother is.

Count me among them, for a long time. It was probably more than a year after Katrina and I'd just watched him cover some action in some horribly dangerous place (Beirut, maybe), wearing a bulletproof vest for protection. Wait. His mother's RICH? He doesn't even have to work. What's he doing with a job where he risks getting SHOT, for Pete's sake? Made me admire him even more.

I just want to be his friend, he seems like a lot of fun to hang out with and that giggle is just adorable.

Me too. The crush is long gone (thanks, lovely real-life DH ;-) ), but he seems like such a regular guy. Someone you could just have a beer with and shoot the breeze. (And he could bring his mom with him, too. She seems pretty cool herself, from what I've seen.)

We have gay disco night on Thursdays here in town. I'm gonna invite Anderson. :lol:

And invite Ellen and Wanda Sykes and see who out of these three would win in a dance off.

Guest Anonymous

From Kidist:

Gays are boldly going where they've never gone before: into our daily lives, along our main streets, in schools, churches, television shows.

Teh gays have been in all of these aspects of everyone's lives forever. The universe hasn't dissolved as a result of it, we're actually doing quite well, so I think we'll be fine.

Also:

I think this "outing" is his paranoia, where he can sense the negative mood against homosexuals, and like a spoilt and stubborn adolescent (the mental state of all homosexuals?) insists that "this is what I am."

Grrr! That is all.

*adds "Temper Tantrum Time 7pm-7:15pm" to revised curriculum on list of things to do at weekly gay army meetings*

:roll: Ass.

Guest Anonymous
*adds "Temper Tantrum Time 7pm-7:15pm" to revised curriculum on list of things to do at weekly gay army meetings*

:roll: Ass.

Are you in the gay army? I haven't seen you at the meetings. I'm the one with the bundt cake. :D

Are you in the gay army? I haven't seen you at the meetings. I'm the one with the bundt cake. :D

Why yes, yes I am! That's probably because I'm usually in the corner but a big howdy there! That's your bundt cake? It's fucking delicious! I'm the one that brings the rainbow cookies. Bought fresh before every meeting!

rainbow-cookies-a-300_300.jpg

Gays are boldly going where they've never gone before: into our daily lives, along our main streets, in schools, churches, television shows. A woman was sitting on the other side of the bench, and I said to her, "Can you believe that we have to look at this, on a subway ad?" I took a risk, but I decided that being quiet in front of this atrocity was worse than the atrocity.

Melodramatic much? :roll:

Gays are boldly going where they've never gone before

Space?

129058154538268431.jpg

Well, split my infinitive! :)

Archived