IGNORED

Who was the couple accepting donations for adoption

Sue Doe Nimm

I remember reading a thread awhile back about a young couple who were collecting money on her blog so they could finance the adoption of a baby. She was unable to have children because she had cancer and was infertile due to treatments. I recall being slightly irritated because they had a lavish lifestyle, gorgeous home and could afford to travel all over the place, yet were asking strangers on the internet to cover their costs for a home visit. Whatever became of them?

They adopted a little boy. I believe his name is Ethan. She closed her blog when the adoption happened. Her Facebook page is private, but you can see a picture of Lyndsie, her husband Daniel and their new son here: facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=532163626

I always thought it was smart of her to close her blog but I also thought it was sort of shady to cut off her readers, many of whom may have donated money to her adoption fund, as soon as she got a baby. But, whatever.

Also the birth mom in the disrupted adoption from last year posted on FJ Yuku under the name sunny and she posted about Lyndsie and Daniel and why she choose not to let them adopt her baby. She posted some personal things about Lyndise and sometime after she started posting on the Yuku she announced that Lyndsie and Daniel adopted. My theory is that Lyndsie found out about sunny posting about her and Daniel on the old FJ and she decided to take down the blog. But I agree with demgirl it was shady to cut off some of the people who donated to the adoption fund.

Now I am dying to know what the birth mom's reason for backing out was!

It IS kind of crappy to leave the people who helped bankroll your adoption twisting in the wind, but I agree. Probably a wise decision for her to shut down the blog. I sincerely hope that her health remains good, it would be awful if that poor little baby lost his mama because her cancer decided to relocate to a different body part. :(

She wanted her baby and she got it. No need for a blog until she wants another, right?

True confession: I miss her blog. I miss her car pictures, her super-white teeth, her every-strand-in-place hair, her over-the-top adoration of Daniel... everything.

Now I am dying to know what the birth mom's reason for backing out was!

It IS kind of crappy to leave the people who helped bankroll your adoption twisting in the wind, but I agree. Probably a wise decision for her to shut down the blog. I sincerely hope that her health remains good, it would be awful if that poor little baby lost his mama because her cancer decided to relocate to a different body part. :(

Sunny said that she wanted to have more a open relationship with the adoptive family for her daughter. She said that Lyndsie and Daniel said they would be ok with that, but she had a feeling that they weren't. She decided to end the process with them and found a couple that wanted to have an open adoption. She said the other couple was more educated on adoption. She also said she remained in contact with L&D despite not choosing them in the end.

Here is the first thread she posted on. She misunderstood the meaning of FJ and she actually thought the whole site was dedicated to bashing L&D

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7107/W ... out?page=1

True confession: I miss her blog. I miss her car pictures, her super-white teeth, her every-strand-in-place hair, her over-the-top adoration of Daniel... everything.

And her lipstick! I really miss the lipstick!

She actually became a Mary Kay consultant (I think that was what I read on one of her last blog posts). When you're addicted to liquor, the best place to work is at the liquor store, right?

I am glad she got her baby. I'm sure she's started another blog somewhere and that we will find it eventually. She just can't NOT blog. I mean, where are those nursery pictures???

I sincerely hope that her health remains good, it would be awful if that poor little baby lost his mama because her cancer decided to relocate to a different body part. :(

This is the reason so many people who've had cancer or who have diabetes or other medical conditions are turned down to adopt. What if? Well, what if you come down with cancer, or another healthy mother is killed in a car accident? Should be keep every woman from becoming a mom pending the results of genetic testing, then make her stay home?

I feel like we went over this multiple times on the old board. Some people think that going through with an adoption when you have had recent cancer and it has not been more than five years since you got the all clear and that you have fairly recently been determined to have cancer cells in part of your body is irresponsible. The differentiation between this situation and a "What if...?" you suddenly develop cancer, or get hit by a bus, or whatever, is simply that you go in knowing there is a significantly higher risk that you will be incapacitated by a serious illness and/or have a higher likelihood/probability of dying while your child is still young.

Others disagreed with this principle and said, basically, shit happens, you can't plan for everything, anyone could die at any time and so it's not worth worrying about cancer in the recent past, especially if there is extended family/friends and a good support network in case something happens to one parent.

Some people fell in the middle and said that it should be the bio parents' right to decide if they wanted to place their child with a woman who recently had cancer, but that it should be an informed decision with knowledge of the specifics of the recent incidence of cancer.

Besides, I think all Sue Doe Nimm was saying is, basically, let's hope for the best for Lyndsie and her new son because of our knowledge about her cancer and the possibility it could reoccur.

This is the reason so many people who've had cancer or who have diabetes or other medical conditions are turned down to adopt. What if? Well, what if you come down with cancer, or another healthy mother is killed in a car accident? Should be keep every woman from becoming a mom pending the results of genetic testing, then make her stay home?

Oh no, that's not what I meant at all! Sorry if the wordage was weird. I meant that I hope she remains healthy for the sake of her newly expanded family, not that people with medical conditions shouldn't be able to adopt or have children.

People were also pretty side eye about the fact that, not only do they seem to live lavishly and were asking for money, but Lyndsie wasn't willing (or able?) to work to help raise money for the adoption.

*whispers* I miss her blog too... :oops:

Besides, I think all Sue Doe Nimm was saying is, basically, let's hope for the best for Lyndsie and her new son because of our knowledge about her cancer and the possibility it could reoccur.

Demgirl, that is exactly what I meant.

Also, I kinda miss her blog too. It was like cotton candy for the brain, sorta sweet and pleasing. I bet Lyndsie is a stellar Mary Kay consultant, just because she always looked so put-together and perfect.

Guest Anonymous

They do have a facebook page that she occasionally posts on, but nothing juicy : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Dan ... 9463267314

They don't talk about the new baby. Like, at all. There's a picture of them with him, but it's mostly 'encouragements' to other friends who are "LoOkinG FoR ThEir FeReVer BaYbeeZ <3 <3 !i!!i!

It's kind of weird.

Oh, but they're gladly accepting gifts.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, and I'm confused about the caption of them with Ethan. It says, "Praise God from All Blessings Flow!" They're missing, like, a 'whom', right? Or is "All Blessings Flow" the name of a group?? :S

Also, I kinda miss her blog too. It was like cotton candy for the brain, sorta sweet and pleasing.

YES.

Oh, and I'm confused about the caption of them with Ethan. It says, "Praise God from All Blessings Flow!" They're missing, like, a 'whom', right? Or is "All Blessings Flow" the name of a group?? :S

:lol: And God is the lead singer!

They don't talk about the new baby. Like, at all. There's a picture of them with him, but it's mostly 'encouragements' to other friends who are "LoOkinG FoR ThEir FeReVer BaYbeeZ <3 <3 !i!!i!

It's kind of weird.

Love the bolded.

It is weird that they don't talk about the baby, but maybe the adoption hasn't been finalized...? I dunno. And of course they're accepting gifts. Polo preferred, I'm sure.

They do have a facebook page that she occasionally posts on, but nothing juicy : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Dan ... 9463267314

They don't talk about the new baby. Like, at all. There's a picture of them with him, but it's mostly 'encouragements' to other friends who are "LoOkinG FoR ThEir FeReVer BaYbeeZ

It's kind of weird.

I got some laughs looking at that page. Some of their friends are kind of weird too. I'm surprised that Lyndsie watches Teen Mom. I bet Lyndsie is hoping to find someone like Catelynn to give her another baby.

I feel like we went over this multiple times on the old board. Some people think that going through with an adoption when you have had recent cancer and it has not been more than five years since you got the all clear and that you have fairly recently been determined to have cancer cells in part of your body is irresponsible. The differentiation between this situation and a "What if...?" you suddenly develop cancer, or get hit by a bus, or whatever, is simply that you go in knowing there is a significantly higher risk that you will be incapacitated by a serious illness and/or have a higher likelihood/probability of dying while your child is still young.

Others disagreed with this principle and said, basically, shit happens, you can't plan for everything, anyone could die at any time and so it's not worth worrying about cancer in the recent past, especially if there is extended family/friends and a good support network in case something happens to one parent.

Some people fell in the middle and said that it should be the bio parents' right to decide if they wanted to place their child with a woman who recently had cancer, but that it should be an informed decision with knowledge of the specifics of the recent incidence of cancer.

I hope nothing will ever happen to Lyndsie or Daniel in the future. Lyndsie once said in her blog that she still had cancer cells in her body and DocSharon posted that if cancer cells are still in Lyndsie's body it might not be good. What concerned me about Lyndsie and Daniel is that they managed money a bit poorly and Lyndsie's refusal to even work part time to contribute to the adoption made me wonder what she would do if something happened to Daniel or he lost his job.

As Demgirl pointed out, it's not at all the same thing. Lyndsie had two occurances of cancer and hadn't even hit her 5-year mark when she adopted. That's not "What if", it's irresponsible.

As Demgirl pointed out, it's not at all the same thing. Lyndsie had two occurances of cancer and hadn't even hit her 5-year mark when she adopted. That's not "What if", it's irresponsible.

I wonder if Lyndsie and Daniel's adoption was done privately. They said on the blog that if a private or word of mouth adoption didn't happen before April 2011, they would then contact agencies. On the old FJ a couple of posters said that some agencies domestic or international would reject L&D because of her cancer occurrences being too recent and I remember someone said that with international adoptions couples had to be married at least 5 years.

I wonder if Lyndsie and Daniel's adoption was done privately. They said on the blog that if a private or word of mouth adoption didn't happen before April 2011, they would then contact agencies. On the old FJ a couple of posters said that some agencies domestic or international would reject L&D because of her cancer occurrences being too recent and I remember someone said that with international adoptions couples had to be married at least 5 years.

I was curious about that too. Most private adoptions are of newborns and Ethan was a few months old when they got him, so it definitely wouldn't have been the normal private adoption. I was actually wondering if they went through the foster care system, though it would have been incredibly lucky for them to get a very young, legally free, white child without serious disabilities so quickly. I'm just hoping there wasn't a situation where some poor girl/woman was having trouble providing for her baby and was pressured by a church/religious agency into giving it up for adoption to the nice upper-middle-class married couple :evil:

I wonder if she won't blog because it's not all official yet? Anyone know how long that can take?

Depends on which route they took. I think the max. finalization time any state gives a biomom in a private adoption is 6 months (and some are as short as two or three days), and even then she would have to prove fraud to get it overturned. However, I know of cases in the foster care system involving kids whose bioparents' rights hadn't been terminated that took up to 3 or 4 years to be finalized.

I was curious about that too. Most private adoptions are of newborns and Ethan was a few months old when they got him, so it definitely wouldn't have been the normal private adoption. I was actually wondering if they went through the foster care system, though it would have been incredibly lucky for them to get a very young, legally free, white child without serious disabilities so quickly. I'm just hoping there wasn't a situation where some poor girl/woman was having trouble providing for her baby and was pressured by a church/religious agency into giving it up for adoption to the nice upper-middle-class married couple :evil:

On the hopintoadopt site, Lyndsie and Daniel had a profile there and on their profile they was question about being licensed foster parents and their was answer was no. I do wonder if they might have started fostering. But I honestly don't see L&D as the types to work with the foster care system. I also hope it wasn't a situation in which a girl or woman was pushed into giving up her child for adoption. L&D said several times that they were hoping to adopt through word of mouth and I remembered there was incidents were they handed out adoption cards out to people. Their adoption could have happened through connections with churches or certain people. Daniel's father is a minsiter but now he home churches so he could have known some people.

Archived