IGNORED

Q & A with the Maxwells

fundiefan

Can someone (anyone?) explain this photo to me? It is captioned, "a practical example."

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/DSC_0507.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those wondering how the Maxwells appear relatively well off with their smartphones, laptops and nice house.....I think it's because there are several working adults all living together. The house mortgage is presumably paid for given Steve and Teri's age. They built their current house which probably saved a lot of money and allowed them to make it look nice.

Also, you don't have to make that much to live comfortably if your mortgage, utilities are taken care of and food is shared by buying in bulk. Some of my families live in China and many started their married lives living with inlaws/parents so they had a lot more disposable income than expected given their income. Plus, Mary is the only "child" to support as everyone else is a full time worker. Steve probably also money accumulated from years of working in corporations and in his home business. Business may be down now but the family doesn't require a lot of high wage earners in order to maintain their standard of living.

For those wondering how the Maxwells appear relatively well off with their smartphones, laptops and nice house.....I think it's because there are several working adults all living together. The house mortgage is presumably paid for given Steve and Teri's age. They built their current house which probably saved a lot of money and allowed them to make it look nice.

Also, you don't have to make that much to live comfortably if your mortgage, utilities are taken care of and food is shared by buying in bulk. Some of my families live in China and many started their married lives living with inlaws/parents so they had a lot more disposable income than expected given their income. Plus, Mary is the only "child" to support as everyone else is a full time worker. Steve probably also money accumulated from years of working in corporations and in his home business. Business may be down now but the family doesn't require a lot of high wage earners in order to maintain their standard of living.

But my point is is that none of them are full time workers. Doing a few iROMP online sessions, shipping out a few books - which are hardly best sellers, the non exsistent building company, and photographing a few fundie weddings is not a full time job for how many 'adult' males?

But my point is is that none of them are full time workers. Doing a few iROMP online sessions, shipping out a few books - which are hardly best sellers, the non exsistent building company, and photographing a few fundie weddings is not a full time job for how many 'adult' males?

Exactly - and re: photographing weddings, that adult (Christopher) has a family of his own to support.

I don't get it either.

Stevie, is Teri back on the Pepsi, as her shoes need a polish :naughty:

May be it should be fitted into her schedule?

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/DSC_0538.jpg

And why is John covering up his crotch with his tie? Uhhhh?????

One part of Buddhist thought says that when one energy or urge is suppressed, it will then be expressed in an extreme form in a different avenue of energy or urge. For example: for the most part mainstream America suppresses sexual expression rather than making sexual urges, thoughts, behaviors, etc disappear. They reappear in extreme expressions of violence. I think this holds true for fundie families. They are so focused on remaining pure and untouched until marry that much of that sexual energy is channeled towards other family members and in the case of daughters and some sons it is channeled towards their fathers. From the outside looking in, most fundy families appear to be completely incestous and that doesn't seem to go away when they get married because seems that one family will often marry into only other one family. No one really gets to grow up or is forced to use any critical thinking skills. Most likely because doing so would lead them away from their parent's religion or into fundy light land. Maybe even lead them into using birth control.

And why is John covering up his crotch with his tie? Uhhhh?????

Tie? Who cares?! Look at how Teri's tucked her skirts around her (blush) thighs and (stammer) knees? Hussy!!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

I think they dumped the frumpers (Dump That Frump!) due to a discussion we had here on FJ. We all know Stevie reads here (hi, Steve!) and I think he finally realized that the frumpers had to go.

Yes, one post it was frumpers, next post no frumpers and frumpers to be seen since. Very interesting. IMO one of the greatest mysteries in fundieville. Why? and How did the Maxwell women all get normal cloths so quick? Very interesting indeed!

I'm guessing Steve-O probably put away some serious money back when he was a heathen working man. They also could have made out nicely, realestate wise when they moved from the PNW to Kansas. Also, I've always wondered if Steve-O maybe did some consulting on the side that he doesn't own up to since he would have to associate with worldly people. Could explain his mysterious business trips out of town.[/quote]

I also wonder about that and I do think Steve does consulting work, but doesn't tell his readers. I think some of the Maxwell fans would understand Steve having to do consulting work. They have to know that the Maxwells aren't always making good money off their books, conferences, and other products.

Tie? Who cares?! Look at how Teri's tucked her skirts around her (blush) thighs and (stammer) knees? Hussy!!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

By God, you can practically see her butt!

Archived