IGNORED

Q & A with the Maxwells

fundiefan

Ten bucks says Steve will split up Team B so they can't even confide in each other. :cry:

I think that the patriarch has accountability meetings with team members on an individual basis after trips to ensure that no one ever expresses a hint of discord or individuality.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it my imagination or is one of the daughters wearing the same skirt as the Mother in those pictures? Just no.

Oh yes. The Maxwells are known for their matchy-matchy looks. That brown ombre is butt ugly.

Is it my imagination or is one of the daughters wearing the same skirt as the Mother in those pictures? Just no.

Exhibit A

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAJ2sq2pvPp3ZkSt6zAqzYLr3pEWrFRZqPpr_itwju-T4fXWwuoQ

Exhibit B

maxwell-family.jpg

Exhibit C (definitely the worst)

Maxwell-family.jpg

I love Melanie in those pictures: her outfits in both pics 1) do NOT match the other women's clothes and 2) are a little less ridiculous; she has a shirt and skirt rather than a frumper, etc.

That's one unfortunate gene pool, regardless of the matching frumpers and blah colors.

Q F T.

All those people and not one upper lip among them.

Do those photos remind anyone else of the FLDS Polygamists on the Compound. The girls all look like they are sister wives to Steve.

I agree that in large group photos things look better if people match color and don't wear too much pattern. And its adorable when the children (real children, under 12) are in matchy outfits for a portrait. But, at a certain age its just super creepy. Once my mom and independently of each other bought the same sweater at TJMaxx. She made me swear that I'd never make us wear the sweaters at the same time, not even for a photo, because she never wanted to become "those people". Now I know who those people are.

Stevie, is Teri back on the Pepsi, as her shoes need a polish :naughty:

May be it should be fitted into her schedule?

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/DSC_0538.jpg

My oldest decreed an end to matching at the ripe old age of six. I think that was a good age for it to stop. Coordinated outfits up to a point is OK in the pictures.

I agree that in large group photos things look better if people match color and don't wear too much pattern. And its adorable when the children (real children, under 12) are in matchy outfits for a portrait. But, at a certain age its just super creepy. Once my mom and independently of each other bought the same sweater at TJMaxx. She made me swear that I'd never make us wear the sweaters at the same time, not even for a photo, because she never wanted to become "those people". Now I know who those people are.

Yep, this. But fundies can't have any individuality now can they?

My mom and I wanted to conspire to wear somewhat matching outfits (very preppy: floral bottoms, cardigan, belt, Sperrys, etc.) to embarrass my 13 year old sister who hates anything my mom endorses (like Sperrys) and would never be caught dead matching my mom. But I would never seriously try to match her, it would be weird. I have also remained friends with one of my high school teachers and we always end up wearing very similar outfits, it's almost like a psychic thing. Thankfully never on the same day, but like I will see her and realize I have the same style of shorts in my closet... AGAIN. I find it a little unnerving. We do have the same shoes, but that's because we both have orthotic problems and she recommended them to me, not to match, lol.

Guest Anonymous

I can't tell what's uglier, the frumpers or the hideous brown slip on shoes the girls are all wearing.

I can't tell what's uglier, the frumpers or the hideous brown slip on shoes the girls are all wearing.

Praise the sweet baby Jesus those horrendous frumpers are gone!! I still wonder how that all went down. Steve-O has never said, but I like to dream that the Maxwell women all got together and launched a coup demanding that the frumpers be gone or else! But alas, considering Terrie can't even remind Steve-O to order a pizza, I doubt it was the case.

I like the recent Maxwell women dress change. I guess it was inevitable their exposure to the Duggars and other fundies would led to a dress change. It seems the fundies all go through a frumper period, and if they have enough exposure to less crazy fundies, they eventually settle on the blouses and long skirts look. Or it could be they realized frumpers made them look stupid and that it's hard for their customers relate to people who dress like that.

I need to find the pictures of my daughter and I in our matching outfits. I have one hanging on the frigde, but I cannot find the other one.

I like the recent Maxwell women dress change. I guess it was inevitable their exposure to the Duggars and other fundies would led to a dress change. It seems the fundies all go through a frumper period, and if they have enough exposure to less crazy fundies, they eventually settle on the blouses and long skirts look. Or it could be they realized frumpers made them look stupid and that it's hard for their customers relate to people who dress like that.

Just what I was thinking, I too think it was more of a commercial decision.

How do they make their money i.e Joseph buying a house 'debt free' or what some would say without a Mortgage, running cars and Uriah, ibooks etc etc? OK they don't do 'entertainment', food is rationed but they still lead very comfortable lives. How can you live like that by just selling a couple of Moody books, child slave packs and a few people learning how to turn a PC on and off with iROMP.

Then there is the son that takes a few pics at non dancing weddings and supports a household?

More I think about them, it does not add up. Buy used and save the difference?

I'm starting to see why people think John and Anna look like a couple :shock:

Yeah. That pair is together in EVERY PHOTO taken of them, to the point where it almost seems like an official buddy system or something. Particularly the pics that show the two of them and then one of the nieces (cooking, etc - there are plenty of such photos) they really do look like a normal young suburban family.

Praise the sweet baby Jesus those horrendous frumpers are gone!! I still wonder how that all went down. Steve-O has never said, but I like to dream that the Maxwell women all got together and launched a coup demanding that the frumpers be gone or else! But alas, considering Terrie can't even remind Steve-O to order a pizza, I doubt it was the case.

It was a quick change, wasn't it? Just one day, boom, no more frumpers. I too would love to know how that happened, were they concerned with their image or what? They still do the matchy-matchy though...

More I think about them, it does not add up. Buy used and save the difference?

Precisely the other thing I'd love to know. The Maxwells seem to have lots of little businesses but NONE of them have functioning decent websites, and given that it's 2012 that is decidedly odd - if you HAVE a website now, it needs to be a real, living website, or at least just a splash page with ads, but NOT a half-done supposedly updating site that was last touched in 2009. Titus2, the main site, is the only one that's really alive, and we see how the conference business is going. Other than that, the main site sells books, and I wonder how that is going.

Did anybody notice that the girl featured who loved the Moodys is wearing a *gasp* sleeveless shirt? I'm surprised Steve let such a defrauding little vixen into his conference.

It was a quick change, wasn't it? Just one day, boom, no more frumpers. I too would love to know how that happened, were they concerned with their image or what? They still do the matchy-matchy though...

Yes, one post it was frumpers, next post no frumpers and frumpers to be seen since. Very interesting. IMO one of the greatest mysteries in fundieville. Why? and How did the Maxwell women all get normal cloths so quick? Very interesting indeed!

Precisely the other thing I'd love to know. The Maxwells seem to have lots of little businesses but NONE of them have functioning decent websites, and given that it's 2012 that is decidedly odd - if you HAVE a website now, it needs to be a real, living website, or at least just a splash page with ads, but NOT a half-done supposedly updating site that was last touched in 2009. Titus2, the main site, is the only one that's really alive, and we see how the conference business is going. Other than that, the main site sells books, and I wonder how that is going.

I'm guessing Steve-O probably put away some serious money back when he was a heathen working man. They also could have made out nicely, realestate wise when they moved from the PNW to Kansas. Also, I've always wondered if Steve-O maybe did some consulting on the side that he doesn't own up to since he would have to associate with worldly people. Could explain his mysterious business trips out of town.

I thought he worked for boeing until he had to go for a lunch with a woman (sorry Teri) and it defrauded her or him

Did anybody notice that the girl featured who loved the Moodys is wearing a *gasp* sleeveless shirt? I'm surprised Steve let such a defrauding little vixen into his conference.

Maybe $teve decided to $how $ome grace to thi$ little girl. Or maybe he felt $he would benefit from $eeing the mode$t way in which hi$ daughter$ dre$$. Or do you think there i$ another rea$on he let$ people in their conference$ who are not dre$$ed as mode$tly a$ the Maxwell$? :think:

Maybe $teve decided to $how $ome grace to thi$ little girl. Or maybe he felt $he would benefit from $eeing the mode$t way in which hi$ daughter$ dre$$. Or do you think there i$ another rea$on he let$ people in their conference$ who are not dre$$ed as mode$tly a$ the Maxwell$? :think:

£ell sell £ell.

I left a snarky comment from my old friends John & Marie which was deleted as I stated a "fellowship of bleesed commerce"

£ell sell £ell.

I left a snarky comment from my old friends John & Marie which was deleted as I stated a "fellowship of bleesed commerce"

:lol: Unfortunately they seem to be on to John and Marie.

Yes, one post it was frumpers, next post no frumpers and frumpers to be seen since. Very interesting. IMO one of the greatest mysteries in fundieville. Why? and How did the Maxwell women all get normal cloths so quick? Very interesting indeed!

I'm guessing Steve-O probably put away some serious money back when he was a heathen working man. They also could have made out nicely, realestate wise when they moved from the PNW to Kansas. Also, I've always wondered if Steve-O maybe did some consulting on the side that he doesn't own up to since he would have to associate with worldly people. Could explain his mysterious business trips out of town.

The change happened around Christmas 2010. The family picture in November 2010 was all frumpered. After Christmas, it seems that the frumpers were reduced to at home wear. NR Anna did wear her frumpers even during pregnancy.

I think it's sort of ironic they have a litter of ho-hum untouched websites while pumping that OneTonRamp thingy.

About Pa Maxwell's mysterious trips; he once went a la Pa Ingalls on one of his alone trips to some other part of the state to bring back frumper material for the women folk. But that was some time ago.

Archived