IGNORED

Rebecca is still pregnant...

WonderingInWA

Does it not seem like she has been pregnant for like a year?

He asks if anyone can guess boy or girl.

Pink shirt=Girl.

The folks are easy to read when they try to be clever.

I don't think they know the gender, actually. I think before he locked his FB page down, he said they were not going to find out the gender.

She was bone-thin when they got married, so she looks good with some meat on her bones.

They seem like a sweet couple; I hope things go well for them.

A 'sweet' couple that hangs with the Seppis. That says far more than anything else about them. Like all the fundies, the shiny outside is only a cover for the dangerous inside.

Oh lord. Speaking of the Seppis, I decided to hit their blog and see what they're up to.

Looks like a 20 year old friend of theirs married a 50 year old man. They obviously run in crowds where marrying off their young girls to old men is totally normally. Like the mail order brides to the frontier in the 19th century.

Oh lord. Speaking of the Seppis, I decided to hit their blog and see what they're up to.

Looks like a 20 year old friend of theirs married a 50 year old man. They obviously run in crowds where marrying off their young girls to old men is totally normally. Like the mail order brides to the frontier in the 19th century.

Ummm....yuck...poor girl.

:shock: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Who are these people? I mean the newly married couple, not the Seppis.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm sorry but that is all I can do, click the "shock" smiley.

edit - ew. ew ew ew ew ew ew. Those pictures literally turned my stomach. This is taking me back to listening to the Warren Jeffs tapes last summer... EW.

That's what you get when you insist a man can't marry until he can provide for a wife and an indefinite number of kids without debt while having a meager education.

Oh, no! You can't tell me she couldn't do any better than that! She's really pretty! I hope he has a LOT of money -- he's icky! The good thing is, if he's indeed as old as he looks, he'll kick off and she'll only have to sleep with him and pump out babies for 20 years tops.

Oh dear Lord, she doesn't even look like his daughter in the wedding carriage photo, she looks like his granddaughter. What. The....

Part of me wants to find out what the age difference is, but a much larger part really, really doesn't want to know. How....?

Oh, no! You can't tell me she couldn't do any better than that! She's really pretty! I hope he has a LOT of money -- he's icky! The good thing is, if he's indeed as old as he looks, he'll kick off and she'll only have to sleep with him and pump out babies for 20 years tops.

If she were in control of her own life, she most certainly would have done better than that. She, however, most likely had little to no choice in the matter. What young, sheltered girl wants to marry a man old enough to be her father and then some, who is not exactly, um, attractive? It's all about the rules and religion and roles and her parents choosing the 'right' kind of person with the 'right' kind of beliefs.

It makes my stomach turn.

If she were in control of her own life, she most certainly would have done better than that. She, however, most likely had little to no choice in the matter. What young, sheltered girl wants to marry a man old enough to be her father and then some, who is not exactly, um, attractive? It's all about the rules and religion and roles and her parents choosing the 'right' kind of person with the 'right' kind of beliefs.

It makes my stomach turn.

Shows how disturbing fundies can get if a father would set up a marriage between his daughter and a man his age. ICK!

Ugh. That picture for some reason just gets to me. SAHDs, this is what you have to look forward to.

Maybe there is still hope for Sarah Maxwell. If there are guys out there like this one who still want to get laid before they die, she's in luck.

SIgh...Ok, I changed my mind. Horrible morbid curiosity is winning out, and I want to know the story behind Hannah and Bruce...or at least what the age difference is. But I haven't gotten crazy enough yet I'm willing to pay to get a marriage license copy, so I guess it'll have to remain a mystery.

Really though, poor girl. A few years of babies in quick succession, than a couple decades taking care of an increasingly elderly and feeble 'helpmeet.' What a depressing future for a young woman. I can only hope he's substantially less creepy than he appears and they can form some kind of functional relationship...somehow...

Surely even fundies find this odd? Even by Victorian standards, what looks like at least a 30 year age gap would have been considered a serious stretch.

SIgh...Ok, I changed my mind. Horrible morbid curiosity is winning out, and I want to know the story behind Hannah and Bruce...or at least what the age difference is. But I haven't gotten crazy enough yet I'm willing to pay to get a marriage license copy, so I guess it'll have to remain a mystery.

Really though, poor girl. A few years of babies in quick succession, than a couple decades taking care of an increasingly elderly and feeble 'helpmeet.' What a depressing future for a young woman. I can only hope he's substantially less creepy than he appears and they can form some kind of functional relationship...somehow...

Surely even fundies find this odd? Even by Victorian standards, what looks like at least a 30 year age gap would have been considered a serious stretch.

I googled them and couldn't find squat. Maybe he's a Bircher friend of old man Seppi's?

I googled them and couldn't find squat. Maybe he's a Bircher friend of old man Seppi's?

There doesn't appear to be much out there. You can figure out the marriage county, date, and names easily...so one could theoretically get a marriage license copy. But, as I mentioned earlier, that requires a level of crazy I haven't reached yet; which is probably a good thing! :lol: And I doubt anyone else wants to waste the time and money to do that either.

If he is a Bircher, he's not a prominent enough one to appear on their website. We can only hope he has another righteous and Godly way of supporting his helpmeet as she purposes through this life!

Anyways, where were we? I believe it was somewhere around here: " :o "

Looks like they actually dated (in a probably very chaste version of the more traditional "do fun stuff alone together without already 'purposing' to marry") and didn't even ask permission to step out from under the headship's protection: http://HannahBruce.ourwedding.com

Maybe he just looks a lot older than he really is? At least it feels less squicky to see it seems like it was her own idea to accept him and not her "protector's"

Edited to fix punctuation and because fee and feel are not the same word, at least not in my line of work...

Unqualified psychoanalysis here, but her wedding story mentions that she lost her father - maybe she was subconsciously looking for a father figure to marry?

Archived