IGNORED

Botkins scraping the bottom of fundie lecture circuit

meda

So I got my latest promotional email from Geoff's secret biblical lair:

Dear Friends,

Our family has been invited by Christian leaders in Iowa to hold a one-day family discipleship conference in Des Moines. Please join us if you are in the area.

Date: Saturday, June 16th, from 8:30am to 5:00pm

Location: New Life Church, 6036 NE 12th Ave, Pleasant Hill, Iowa

Admission is free. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to randm5tbb@yahoo.com.

There will be four Q&A sessions with the whole family, plus messages on leadership and life mission by Geoffrey Botkin, on home education by Victoria, and on brother-sister relationships. Please join us if you are in the area, and bring your questions, and let us know about the grace of God in your lives. We would love to see you and get to know you.

We'll also be at the Christian Home Educators Fellowship conference in St. Charles, Missouri (www.CHEF-Missouri.com), June 18-19.

For the honor of the King,

The Geoffrey Botkin Family

(Christ) we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. - Colossians 1:28

Yet when you go to the conference website, they are not even listed as presenters. Last minute fill in for another presenter perhaps?

The CHEF link leads us straight to...a 3-minute Vimeo featuring Dougie and Kevin Swanson! A two-fer!!

Meda, thanks for the inside scoop. You are indeed connected.

Funny - the website of the New Life church in Pleasant Hill, Iowa says absolutely nothing about this "invitation by Christian leaders in Iowa to hold a one-day family discipleship conference in Des Moines." And, they're listed as vendors only (not presenters) at the Christian Home Educators Fellowship conference in St. Charles, Missouri. They're just hitting the road to swell Western Conservatory's coffers.

Wonder if they're just renting part of the church? May be worth a phone call to ask? :)

ETA: Not that I would go to a church like this, in between the "Answers In Genesis" Vacation Bible School curriculum ("Gold Rush: Discovering the Rock of Ages!") and "Princess Prep (a 10-session study that focuses on our identity as a daughter of God and ends in a Crowning Ceremony)" for girls entering 6th or 7th grade. I can tell you when I was 11 or 12 years old, being a freaking princess was not part of my worldview.

Archived