IGNORED

see I am a virgin see my white flag?

doggie

Who cares if she is a virgin? but she tells the whole world and then complains on how it is killing her dating. Her gift she is saving may never be given as what she does will not attract the fundie type male that will appreciate her gift. Posing nude won't help attracting the fundie either.

Either way it is fine what she is doing and seems a hell of a athlete but her decision does not seem to be making her happy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... irgin.html

The model Olympic hurdling star who can't find a boyfriend - because she's a virgin

By Kristie Lau

PUBLISHED: 13:48 EST, 22 May 2012 | UPDATED: 04:48 EST, 23 May 2012

Comments (236)

Olympic athlete Lolo Jones has told of how being a virgin is 'harder than training for the Olympics'.

The 29-year-old from Louisiana said during a new episode of HBO's Real Sports, which airs in the U.S. tonight, that she does not believe in pre-marital sex.

The stunning hurdling competitor, who took part in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, added that being a virgin makes it extremely hard for her to find a boyfriend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1vi8hORLO

Good for her on making whatever sexual choices are right for her, but seriously, if being a virgin is the hardest thing you've ever had to do, I think you need to get out more.

I read the whole article (even though reading the Daily Fail makes me feel like I died a little) and I don't see the problem. If she wants to stay a virgin until she's married than she can go right ahead. What I find more disturbing about the whole topic is that it's a topic at all. It seems to be that if you wait to have sex people find it odd, if you have sex too early or too much or with the wrong kind of people or in a way that's deemed strange people judge that too. Who the fuck cares? Unless it's regarding my own personal sex life I sure as hell don't. I just feel like the entire construct of female sexuality is met with a shitstorm no matter which way you go.

/end of rant

Being a virgin isn't why she can't find a boyfriend. Unless someone is adament about someone who's experienced, most men and women don't care that much is their partner is a virgin. There are many reasons someone may be a virgin. It's not that easy to find someone. I know because I've not had much luck. I'll admit I am a virgin still. I haven't had the luck of finding someone to settle with long enough to lose my virginity. I've only found that once that was an issue with a guy who'd had six/seven partners and a virgin didn't appeal to him. Fine with me. We would definitely not have been sexually compatible. Any guy who thinks less of her because she's never had sex isn't worth her time, but I really doubt her virginity is the problem. She'd be surprised the number of male virgins there are as well. I think virginity or lack thereof really needs to stop being such an issue. It's personal between couples someone's experience or not.

Why does she feel the need to let the world know of the state of her hymen? Seriously. Have sex, don't have sex, whatever you want. But why the need to tweet that?

Why does she feel the need to let the world know of the state of her hymen? Seriously. Have sex, don't have sex, whatever you want. But why the need to tweet that?

It's the fundie obsession with sex (or lack thereof). I have no need to talk to people about my vagina and what it has or hasn't been doing, but these people seem to need to broadcast the status of their nether regions like the rest of humanity needs oxygen.

It gets a little tiring, always hearing about, "Oh, I'm a virgin! I'm so pure, and it's soooooooooo difficult!" Gimme a break. How hard is it to NOT do something? "Oh, I'm not doing the dishes right now, it's SO hard! I'm also not vacuuming or lifting weights or chairing a meeting for a Fortune 500 company! How will I go on!"

it always seems that there is way too much self worth wrapped up in sexuality or in this case lack of sex. But we as humans for the most part are always judging others according to our own standards. We are very sexual creatures so sex is going to always be a big judging issue.

I just don't get girls who are willing to throw it out there if they've had sex/plan to have sex.

My thought is this: If you don't wanna have sex till you're married, cool. Whatever floats your boat. But here's where you're probably screwing it up - you don't have to include it in your first date conversation. Women think guys move too fast? How about not bringing up your sex life within the first hour of meeting someone?

Maybe if you waited till your relationship progressed to a point where it became relevant, okay then. But making it an issue BEFORE it becomes an issue is probably where you're going wrong. Because if you mention sex and marriage on the first date, you're either going to scare away guys not ready to commit immediately, but might have turned out to be a really good match for you.

a) Her sex life is none of my business, and so her lack of a sex life is also none of my business.

b) She can brag and moan about being a virgin all she wants, but she doesn't know what she's missing. That's got to make it easier for her to abstain.

I just don't get girls who are willing to throw it out there if they've had sex/plan to have sex.

My thought is this: If you don't wanna have sex till you're married, cool. Whatever floats your boat. But here's where you're probably screwing it up - you don't have to include it in your first date conversation. Women think guys move too fast? How about not bringing up your sex life within the first hour of meeting someone?

Maybe if you waited till your relationship progressed to a point where it became relevant, okay then. But making it an issue BEFORE it becomes an issue is probably where you're going wrong. Because if you mention sex and marriage on the first date, you're either going to scare away guys not ready to commit immediately, but might have turned out to be a really good match for you.

I know it is crazy announcing it unless you are using it to make yourself look like a moral person. (well unless you pose nude that throws a rock in it) but it seems it is a way to chase men away may be why she tells them right away.

What bothers me about this is that she says she's remaining a virgin so it can be a gift to her future husband. I think this is the kind of decision she should make for herself, and because she thinks it's right for her or beneficial to her life in some way, and not because she's offering it up as a gift to some man. . . a man, by the way, that she hasn't even met yet. I think that's just as disturbing as the person who has sex with someone when they're not ready just to please that other person. Women like that seem to be removing themselves (and their own feelings and needs) from the equation and making it all about the man. It's sad.

What bothers me about this is that she says she's remaining a virgin so it can be a gift to her future husband. I think this is the kind of decision she should make for herself, and because she thinks it's right for her or beneficial to her life in some way, and not because she's offering it up as a gift to some man. . . a man, by the way, that she hasn't even met yet. I think that's just as disturbing as the person who has sex with someone when they're not ready just to please that other person. Women like that seem to be removing themselves (and their own feelings and needs) from the equation and making it all about the man. It's sad.

Isn't that the fundie way? God chooses a suitor for you, and if Dad (and maybe Mom) approve, the courting can begin. A woman in the equation has no part except to pray and maybe try and make herself more appealing to her already-chosen-but-unknown-to-her-future husband.

I liked the little list on the side -

SAVING THEMSELVES: TEN MORE FAMOUS VIRGINS

Jessica Simpson

The singer, 31, claimed she had refrained from sex until she married Nick Lachey in 2002

Jordin Sparks

The American Idol winner, 22, has worn a virgin promise ring but has admitted she is considering taking it off for singer Jason Derulo

Brooke Shields

The actress, 46, was a virgin until she was 22 because she 'didn't like the way she looked'

Venus and Serena Williams

The tennis star siblings, aged 31 and 30 respectively, have claimed they are still virgins

Tina Fey

The 30 Rock star, 42, remained a virgin until she married her husband when she was 25

Adriana Lima

The Victoria's Secret model, 30, claimed she refrained from having sex until she was married in 2009

Carrie Underwood

The 29-year-old singer claimed to be a virgin until she married Mike Fisher in 2010

Susan Boyle

The Britain's Got Talent breakout star, 51, told judges she had not even been kissed

Taylor Swift

Although she is dating Tim Tebow, the singer, 22, has claimed she is waiting until marriage

I cannot believe no one told me about Taylor and Tebow!! :)

I liked the little list on the side -

SAVING THEMSELVES: TEN MORE FAMOUS VIRGINS

Jessica Simpson

The singer, 31, claimed she had refrained from sex until she married Nick Lachey in 2002

Jordin Sparks

The American Idol winner, 22, has worn a virgin promise ring but has admitted she is considering taking it off for singer Jason Derulo

Brooke Shields

The actress, 46, was a virgin until she was 22 because she 'didn't like the way she looked'

Venus and Serena Williams

The tennis star siblings, aged 31 and 30 respectively, have claimed they are still virgins

Tina Fey

The 30 Rock star, 42, remained a virgin until she married her husband when she was 25

Adriana Lima

The Victoria's Secret model, 30, claimed she refrained from having sex until she was married in 2009

Carrie Underwood

The 29-year-old singer claimed to be a virgin until she married Mike Fisher in 2010

Susan Boyle

The Britain's Got Talent breakout star, 51, told judges she had not even been kissed

Taylor Swift

Although she is dating Tim Tebow, the singer, 22, has claimed she is waiting until marriage

I cannot believe no one told me about Taylor and Tebow!! :)

I believe Tebow has never had sex... with a woman.

I can't stand it when people use something as a "reason they can't find someone", like girls who say they are to pretty for guys to ask them out. Whatever.

Maybe you're a bitch. Maybe you smell funny. Maybe you think to highly of yourself. Maybe most people don't want to date an Olympic athlete because they are really busy with training. Whatever. But to say that no one will date you because you're a virgin? Bull shit.

I can't stand it when people use something as a "reason they can't find someone", like girls who say they are to pretty for guys to ask them out. Whatever.

Maybe you're a bitch. Maybe you smell funny. Maybe you think to highly of yourself. Maybe most people don't want to date an Olympic athlete because they are really busy with training. Whatever. But to say that no one will date you because you're a virgin? Bull shit.

Or maybe you can't stfu about your still fresh in the crate vagina. Yikes!

I don't believe for a second that the only reason she can't find a boyfriend is because she's a virgin. A lot of guys will respect that and appreciate that, even guys who aren't Christians. I think bringing it up right away is what's driving guys away, as is the presumption that every guy is planning to offer it up by the end of the date. It's like bringing up that you want to have five kids on the first date. It's moving too fast. I had a date with a guy who was a virgin, and what turned me off was feeling like he was judgmental because he felt the need to tell me within half an hour that he had never had sex and wanted to wait. I was thinking, "Whoa, Dude, we haven't even kissed, and you're already turning down sex that you're presuming I'm going to offer? Good bye."

Or maybe you can't stfu about your still fresh in the crate vagina. Yikes!

Or that, haha!

I think what's stopping her from having a serious relationship is her obvious misandry.

She reminds me of men who claim to be everything that's wonderful about the world and bitch about how they can't find the right girl. "Why won't these stupid girls do everything I want, can't they see I'm awesome? Women don't make any sense."

Yuck!

29 and never had sex. I have not found anyone I have connected with to that level. Its not a big freaking deal!!! I have yet to meet a guy who will make that a deal breaker. Fundi culture once again proves that taboo things will interest kids more then non taboo things. Then again, these are people who think that their only purpose in life is to be a breading machine.

I heard this woman interviewed on the news this morning. I was literally infuriated (to the point where I made my husband turn the radio off) when she said remaining pure was more difficult than earning her college degree and an Olympic medal :shock:

Something is seriously wrong with a society that either makes it that difficult or that important to remain sex-free. When you are a an Olympic-athlete college graduate, you should really know that you have more worth than your hymen. If not... You aren't doing it right.

Ugh. I don't give a shit if people decide to wait for marriage. But it annoys me when people expect validation for it. I don't care! If it's best for you, that should be enough. If that's not enough and you really just want people to tell you how great you are, go cure cancer or something. Shit.

And seriously, as if not having sex is that fucking hard. Most people complain about the opposite. Surely if you're that pure, you're only tempted from 'gateway touching', which you'd be engaging with with a serious partner, who you'd probably be wanting to marry in a year or two... tada, problem solved! But no, what I meant to say is that virgins are better than the rest of us and here is your ticker tape parade, you hero, you.

I heard this woman interviewed on the news this morning. I was literally infuriated (to the point where I made my husband turn the radio off) when she said remaining pure was more difficult than earning her college degree and an Olympic medal :shock:

Something is seriously wrong with a society that either makes it that difficult or that important to remain sex-free. When you are a an Olympic-athlete college graduate, you should really know that you have more worth than your hymen. If not... You aren't doing it right.

QFT, all of it.

But I think this lady can't have her cake and eat it, too.

Most men would expect some sex before marriage--not in a lusty way, at least in an "are we compatible?" way. So longterm dating is probably out the window.

She could, I'm sure, find plenty of men who are willing to court her, if she is willing to submit.

If it is true she must have some serious horny going on. I doubt it myself I think it is just look how good of a christian I am.

Archived