IGNORED

Atheists and satan, same thing

latraviata

My first reaction: Please, let this person be a troll! :?

My second reaction:

This quote is pretty classic. It goes from the ubiquitous "I'll pray for you" right to the fire and brimstone.

† † Our Prayers goes to Atheists to be mentally healthy and seek their creator † †

ATHEISTS WILL BURN IN HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE WHERE THEY BELONG AND THEY ALL DESERVE IT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH FROM ABOVE IN HEAVEN WITH A SMILE WHILE I DANCE ON STREETS OF GOLD WHILE ATHEISTS SKIN BOILS OFF AND THEY CRY LIKE BABIES AND THEIR CHILDREN WILL JOIN THEM

:shock: Ok then.

LMAO.. thank you for that hilarity. Partner can't wrap his head around the stupidity that this is, and he is an Atheist. I, as a believer, can't wrap my brain about it either... wonder if I'm a closet atheist.

Fave quote... "Atheist try to convert people over internet because they feel "safer" behind closet. " So Atheists are not IN the closet, but BEHIND it.. and have internet there!

well with this line

† Atheists do not really exist, they just pretend that they don't believe in God and argue with religious people.

it kind of kills the whole argument since there are no atheists

1. Actually, I'd say religious fundamentalism makes you stupid, ignorant, and blind. At any rate, I'm quite intelligent and aware of the world.

2. Religious fundamentalism is a disease that needs to be treated.

3. BAHAHAHAHHAHA seriously? The dumbest comments I've seen are from religious folks like you!

4. I admit to going through a sort of "gothic"-lite phase in middle school, but that was when I was still Christian. Also, goth =/= satanic.

5. No, religious fundamentalism causes problems in our largely secular/nominally Christian society.

6. Okay, I have anxiety problems, but I'm still trying to figure out how my astraphobia bars me from believing in a creator.

7. Yes we will, and we don't require that you die first. :dance:

8. So I agree with Stalin, Hitler, et. al. on ONE THING. Doesn't mean I'm a mass murderer or am okay with genocide. Fuck you.

9. Yes, because all American holidays are religi- oh wait, not New Year's, Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, or Halloween (YMMV on Thanksgiving). No traditional family? I come from the typical nuclear family, and you know what? Nuclear families are suprisingly uncommon EVEN AMONG CHRISTIANS. I'd say *especially* among Christians, though that's anecdata. No culture? Plenty of atheists are artists of some type, and even some celebrities recognized by everyone are atheists. Like Daniel Radcliffe. "Boring" is entirely subjective, and we feel like outsiders because YOU DO NOT WELCOME US IN YOUR SOCIETY. FUCK YOU.

10. We're not angry, just easily frustrated by morons like you. We're also not drug-addicted. Oh, and most people in prison are Christian. Atheists make up a very tiny minority of all incarcerated people in the US.

11. We don't feel safer behind closet because... er... that doesn't even make any sense! Is English not your first language or something? If it's not I'll let you slide, but I still have two words for you: REASON RALLY. Thousands of atheists went OUTSIDE the closet, out on the National Mall in Washington, DC!

12. If we don't exist, why are you making a long list about how much we suck?

13. Well my life isn't all sunshine and rainbows, but I wouldn't say I had terrible life experience nor that I wasn't loved. Anyway, none of that had anything to do with me rejecting Christianity. Stupid people like you did.

14. As a matter of fact, I've completed 2.5 years of college (including college classes and AP credits in high school) and am more educated than most people just for that. I only have a high school diploma to show for it, which means I'm better educated than 1/3 of the people in my hometown. And probably you, you dumbfuck. Why won't atheists win the presidency? Because of bigoted dumbfucks like you who vote and really shouldn't.

15. Actually, no, the French Revolution was brought about by all kinds of people who were VERY dissatisfied with the state their country was in thanks to the monarchs living in luxury and not paying any fucking attention to inflation or how much money they actually had to pay for all the wars with [insert other European country here]. It was influenced by the Enlightenment, but the Enlightenment didn't even promote total atheism, but Deism. That's a pretty big difference, at least to us atheists and Deists.

16. Actually, thanks to science we have a fairly good idea. it's called the Big Bang. Also, that doesn't even prove or disprove God's existence. Look up logical fallacies, and check which one you just committed there.

17. Jesus fucking christ, NO. We do believe in morality, because... oh fuck it. Evolution simply means that organisms change thanks to genetic mutation. That's it. We don't advocate eugenics or ethnic cleansing, or even general lawlessness. We believe in giving everyone a fair shot BECAUSE of evolution, if you'd take off the dunce cap and THINK.

18. The Bible contradicts itself several times. I wouldn't trust anything that contradicts itself.

19. The country with the highest suicide rate is Lithuania, which is 79% Christian and 85% theist of some variety, according to Wikipedia. South Korea is #2, and 54% of them are religious. #3 is Guyana, which is majority Christian, being a Latin American country. #4 is Kazakhstan, which is 70% Muslim and 26% Christian. In fact, China, a Communist nation, is #10. Also, atheists are actually a minority in China, despite the government's forced atheism.

20. Being part of the majority religion does not make that religion right. Suck it.

Edit: I'm probably wrong about China, but I had several sources for that one and all of them were REALLY FUCKING CONFUSING. One source says only 10% or so of Chinese are atheists, another says only 10% of Chinese are not. I went with the "estimates" which would peg Buddhists and Taoists alone at 50-70% of the population, never mind the Christian and Muslim groups.

Atheism making you agree with Stalin, Hitler (Denied his faith later), Mao, Pol Pot & other terrible mass murder leaders.

This is like those people who say to veg*ns "Hitler was a vegetarian!" :roll:

Atheism cannot explain the origins of the universe, therefore God exists. ... Only 2-3% of the U.S. are Atheists/Agnostics VS. over 90% who believe in God (80% Christians) in the U.S.

These two arguments are so mind-numbingly fallacious that I'm going to invoke Poe's Law and assume this is a parody.

My first reaction: Please, let this person be a troll! :?

My second reaction:

This quote is pretty classic. It goes from the ubiquitous "I'll pray for you" right to the fire and brimstone.

:shock: Ok then.

I call it the "fundie flip". One second they're talking about Jesus and love, the next it's fire and brimstone.

Wow, that triggered some flashbacks to growing up Heathen in Texas.

Ah, a friend of Sheldon Cooper?

Ah, a friend of Sheldon Cooper?

I had to Google that; I'm pretty clueless when it comes to current TV shows. :D

Between five and six years old (I remember the day, just not the date) I realized I did not believe in god. I'm rarely outspoken or rude about it, but my whole life I've heard from my family (even my agnostic mother) that I'm just rebelling/that I'm just trying to get attention/just going for the shock factor. Non-family say things that are even worse and quite a few are on that list posted above. I've been beaten up, ostracized, and harassed.

One thing I don't get is, plenty of children in the South dedicate themselves to Jesus around 5-6 and their professions of faith are taken seriously and praised. How was my spiritual epiphany less valid? Twenty-five years later I still hold with the decision I made as a small child. When will it no longer be rebellion? I call myself a heathen because A. I fit the religious description and B. it has often been used to mean "Outsider. Not one of us". And that's how I've always felt.

At first my husband couldn't understand why xianity got me so riled up, but then he spent some time in Texas....

Sorry for the rant, this post seems to have touched a nerve. Been called a devil worshiper too many times, I guess. :evil:

What's so bad about Satan? He kills a lot fewer people than God does. ;)

I am fascinated by Christians who claim that lack of knowledge about the origins of the universe is a weakness. It's as if they preferred people to make stuff up instead of saying, "I don't know."

I had to Google that; I'm pretty clueless when it comes to current TV shows. :D

Between five and six years old (I remember the day, just not the date) I realized I did not believe in god. I'm rarely outspoken or rude about it, but my whole life I've heard from my family (even my agnostic mother) that I'm just rebelling/that I'm just trying to get attention/just going for the shock factor. Non-family say things that are even worse and quite a few are on that list posted above. I've been beaten up, ostracized, and harassed.

One thing I don't get is, plenty of children in the South dedicate themselves to Jesus around 5-6 and their professions of faith are taken seriously and praised. How was my spiritual epiphany less valid? Twenty-five years later I still hold with the decision I made as a small child. When will it no longer be rebellion? I call myself a heathen because A. I fit the religious description and B. it has often been used to mean "Outsider. Not one of us". And that's how I've always felt.

At first my husband couldn't understand why xianity got me so riled up, but then he spent some time in Texas....

Sorry for the rant, this post seems to have touched a nerve. Been called a devil worshiper too many times, I guess. :evil:

I am so glad I live and grew up in secular Europe.

The 'Big bang theory' is absolutely hilarious, last night I almost peed my knickers with laughter!

I am fascinated by Christians who claim that lack of knowledge about the origins of the universe is a weakness. It's as if they preferred people to make stuff up instead of saying, "I don't know."

I feel the same about hell. If they are right and all go to heaven I think I would prefer hell, nicer crowd I should think.

Bingo, bingo, BINGO!!

I am so glad I live and grew up in secular Europe.

The 'Big bang theory' is absolutely hilarious, last night I almost peed my knickers with laughter!

I'm loving it over here. I nearly choked when my neighbours mentioned in casual conversation they were atheists and so are their daughters, I almost cried when my husband told a friend his wife was a heathen and he didn't sound ashamed or embarrassed (it came up in a conversation about our Easter plans), and I about died when our Gran's friend told us "Oh, I don't really believe in all that Jesus stuff, I just go to church because it's....what's the word?....social."

I can't believe people just say that stuff right out loud! And nobody runs for the pitchforks! It's awesome!

Bingo, bingo, BINGO!!

I'm fascinated with creationists, and that is definitely a common thread: the Bible never changes, science does... We know what is right.

And looking at their simplistic views of the world, everything is either good or bad, right or wrong, with nothing in between. Gives a fascinating insight to their minds.

That list was extremely stupid. To start off atheists don't believe in God or Satan. Satanists are people who actually believe in Satan.

Atheists have had terrible life experience, bad childhood and not being loved.

I haven't had a terrible life experience so far. I lost a brother when I was 15 and my family had problems here and there. Overall I grew up in a living family and had an ok childhood. None of the bad things in my life made me become an atheist. I do know some atheists who don't believe in God or higher deity because of bad experiences. But not all atheists come from those backgrounds.

Guest Anonymous

Wrong.

Satanists, by definition must surely believe in "Satan" in some form, whether or not they personify the belief?

Personally, I've always preferred Satinists. They're so much better dressed...

Satanists, by definition must surely believe in "Satan" in some form, whether or not they personify the belief?

Theistic satanists worship Satan as an actual deity. LaVeyan Satanists and other atheistic Satanists view Satan as a symbol.

Some types of Satanists (maybe even a majority, at least in the U.S.) believe that "Satan" is symbolic for the inner darkness inherent to human beings.

Oh come on, this has got to be a joke, right?

If it's not, I'd love to have an IRL conversation with the person who wrote this.

Archived