IGNORED

Kelly Bates is pregnant

FloraDoraDolly

does it strike anyone here as weird that she isn't keeping this info under her hat a little longer?

I went through 2 miscarriages, and I'm here to tell you I did not want to live it out in the public eye. Hell, I didn't even want to talk to family.

I think this is a personality thing. I felt like I need my friends and family to know and support me.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carlin is 12, possibly 13 by now. I think she is the most beautiful of the Bates kids, and I love her name...makes me think of George Carlin :lol:

I had a friend name Carlin, but she was known as George, in reference to Mr. Carlin (Apparently when she met this group she said "don't call me George," so that was it for her :)

I hope her pregnancy turns out okay this time.

Although I can already see J'Chelle and Boob announcing a pregnancy sometime in the early future.

Carlin is Judson's buddy.

Tori is Judson's buddy. I checked.

Carlin had a birthday in Feb (I think)-I just don't know which one. She's still dressed to match her little sisters in the 4th of July pics.

Kelly Bates is the biggest attention whore I've ever seen. Any other woman would be so scared of a miscarriage that she wouldn't announce until at least 12 weeks, probably longer if she had this kind of history with miscarriages.

Kelly Bates wants everyone to know that she's so amazing that God is still trying to bless her. And she ALSO wants everyone to throw her a pity party when she miscarries again. She wants everyone to know that she's such a martyr for her cause, still getting pregnant even though miscarriage is the most likely outcome. She's just bragging.

I also have the impression that Kelly is much more a mother for her children than Michelle ever was, but who knows!

I think Kelly knows her children better than Michelle does, and probably spends a little more time teaching them, but as far as housework and chores goes, it's the same as the Duggars. Gothard teaches parents to train the kids to do all chores so the parents can concentrate on each other and making more children.

And this

Carlin is Judson's buddy. Gil and Kelly took her along on their anniversary trip to Pigeon Forge last year so that she could take care of the new baby.

pretty much sums it up. She had to take another child along on the trip to care for the baby? Why couldn't she and Gil do it themselves?

I hope this pregnancy is successful, but talk about tempting fate. Kelly developed complications after number 17, and nearly died. Number 18 went fine, and then the miscarriage in the spring. And as these women get deeper into their 40's the odds for having a baby with Down's Syndrome increases every year. I wonder how they would handle that, and if one of the buddies would be expected to become a permanent caregiver for their disabled sibling?

I think Kelly knows her children better than Michelle does, and probably spends a little more time teaching them, but as far as housework and chores goes, it's the same as the Duggars. Gothard teaches parents to train the kids to do all chores so the parents can concentrate on each other and making more children.

And this

pretty much sums it up. She had to take another child along on the trip to care for the baby? Why couldn't she and Gil do it themselves?

I hope this pregnancy is successful, but talk about tempting fate. Kelly developed complications after number 17, and nearly died. Number 18 went fine, and then the miscarriage in the spring. And as these women get deeper into their 40's the odds for having a baby with Down's Syndrome increases every year. I wonder how they would handle that, and if one of the buddies would be expected to become a permanent caregiver for their disabled sibling?

Bingo. I have no respect for her at all. I'd be ashamed to say I was using one child to raise another. If she can't take care of one baby, then she has no business reproducing like a friggin bunny

Maybe they announced this one just now to get prayers?

Or "love offerings" ala Kelly C. to pay for this round of progesterone. You KNOW that after the last miscarriage, she's doing that again.

Kelly Bates is the biggest attention whore I've ever seen. Any other woman would be so scared of a miscarriage that she wouldn't announce until at least 12 weeks, probably longer if she had this kind of history with miscarriages.

Kelly Bates wants everyone to know that she's so amazing that God is still trying to bless her. And she ALSO wants everyone to throw her a pity party when she miscarries again. She wants everyone to know that she's such a martyr for her cause, still getting pregnant even though miscarriage is the most likely outcome. She's just bragging.

I read their announcement a little differently. I read their quote ("We are at the 9 week mark with this pregnancy and have to die daily to fears, instead choosing to trust God’s bigger plan") as a way of proving they are "dying daily to fears" and "instead choosing to trust God's bigger plan" by having the courage/guts to publicly announce they are having another child.

It would be easier to say "let's keep this quiet in case we lose it", but that might not be trusting in God's bigger plan. God's bigger plan might be that they deliver a healthy baby (in which case, by keeping it quiet for fear they might lose the baby, they were not having faith in God that he would deliver a healthy baby). God's bigger plan might be that they lose this baby. As much as they would suffer, it might be God's plan that they share that suffering w/ others to help others with their respective sorrows.

Or, their premature announcement might be something as simple as there were already pics posted of Kelly's obviously pregnant belly at Gil's brother's 4th of July party. Rather than answer each email from friends and family, it's easier to just post a blog update.

Aside from the recent non-preganancy period that has allowed Michelle to slim down, Kelly and Michelle look about 4 months along even whey they AREN'T pregnant. I mean, who shows at 9 weeks, unless you're tiny and have virtually just enough body fat to carry a pregnancy?

She is probably shaking in her frumpers.

This is some fundie middle finger!!! Per my conversation with Michelle on Saturday they were going to see them THIS WEEK (wednesday I believe)... which means they either waited for Michelle to get there to announce, or did it while they're driving up to be sure the news was public...

How ya like them apples???

I had more miscarriages than Kelly and I always went ahead and announced. 12 weeks isn't some magical number that people should be judged by.

These people use their fertility as a means to an end. It's all for show, whether Bates, Duggar or anyone else who makes their repeated pregnancies the focus of everything. It's not normal to have 19 kids. It just isn't. Of course there have been families that size throughout history but it is still so very far from typical or normal.

It is a contest with the world and a "Look at how perfectly godly we are" show.

These two particular families pimp their fertility and offspring for money and attention. They're fame whores. Nothing more. And unfortunately, they keep bringing kids in the world who have to live with the consequences of being a arrow in an already overcrowded, over publicized quiver.

I had more miscarriages than Kelly and I always went ahead and announced. 12 weeks isn't some magical number that people should be judged by.

Yeah I don'T get the "oh what an attention whore" thing either. O_o They barely update their blog, they are sometimes on the duggars' show but that'S not too often and they've been doing the perfect quiverfull families for a while now. That she'd ask for prayers for a pregnancy that is risky, seems fairly natural to me, in a context where they believe in it so hard.

gilbatesfamily.com/blog

I sure wish she'd wait to announce. Although counting the miscarriages she's beat the Duggars by a landslide with 22 kids.

So wait, now...If Michelle and JB had one miscarriage because of b/c, what do Kelly's miscarriages stem from (This is a serious questions, if they use idiotic rhetoric, they should stick to it), but I would just get a blank eyed, whitestrip teeth smile answer of "It is God's Will". These are the same people who think adoption is evil because of "The Sins of the Father".

Michelle is probably inconsolable. Her season is over, but Kelly's is still goin'.

I think this is a personality thing. I felt like I need my friends and family to know and support me.

Yes, I felt the same way. And I love the feeling of being judged for that just because it's not the right choice for everyone.

Yes, I felt the same way. And I love the feeling of being judged for that just because it's not the right choice for everyone.

I just think it is up to the individual when to tell. I don't think koala was judging but yes, some came off a bit holier than though about the magical 12 weeks. Since I had two late term losses, well I guess I should hav waited for the baby to be born.

Yeah I don'T get the "oh what an attention whore" thing either. O_o They barely update their blog, they are sometimes on the duggars' show but that'S not too often and they've been doing the perfect quiverfull families for a while now. That she'd ask for prayers for a pregnancy that is risky, seems fairly natural to me, in a context where they believe in it so hard.

I agree with Bananacat. They're attentionwhores, maybe not to the extent that the Duggars are as they haven't exploited family hardships on television but still. Who posts about every inkling of a pregnancy? Especially when they know they are high risk and thus more likely to miscarry. I mean, there is the risk of going into premature labour, but when the woman is well into her 40s the risk moves from a rare possibility to something reasonably likely. It's the same with other risk factors, Down's is based on chromosomes so it's possible for a child of a younger mother to have it but it's much more likely if the mother is older and the chances of it occuring increases dramatically after 40. There's "trusting God" and then there is throwing away every bit of reason and commonsense to chase an insane goal. Jesus died to remove your sin not your mind. I feel that when you knowingly try to get pregnant after having so many and after their ages, you are willingly endangering your child (not to mention your other children lest God forbid, they lose their mother). Unless they think God is some kind of magician who can wave a wand over any and all possible problems.

Dreamer,

I post about every pregnancy. Wtf should I have to not sY I am pregnant because others don't think I should. If it is easier for me to be open about it who the he'll cares? I am just not a secret keeper. When I was pregnant I wanted people to be happy. And when I had a miscarriage, terminated or had a stillbirth I wanted people to understand and not have to fake it.

Of all the things to judge people for..this seems stupid.

Well, that's not my main issue with them. It's more their continuing to get pregnant when you know the risks and thus risking your child knowingly. It's a disregard for health and safety. But putting that aside...I suppose I just consider a more private thing and if I had miscarriages I would be less inclinded to tell people in case I were to have another and have to go through the whole anouncement thing. I would rather just keep it under wraps until it was more of a sure thing. That's more of a personal thing and what you or someone else chooses to do is up to the individual. But in terms of Gil & Kelly, they are kind of in public and well known, so it's kind of a different thing, a different dynamic. If I were them I would prefer to not announce to avoid negative criticism, it seems like that would be smarter in terms of PR. But then these are people that think reproducing is some kind of miracle. I don't know, it seems like they want an award for something lots of people do every day.

So wait, now...If Michelle and JB had one miscarriage because of b/c, what do Kelly's miscarriages stem from (This is a serious questions, if they use idiotic rhetoric, they should stick to it), but I would just get a blank eyed, whitestrip teeth smile answer of "It is God's Will". These are the same people who think adoption is evil because of "The Sins of the Father".

Michelle is probably inconsolable. Her season is over, but Kelly's is still goin'.

Michelle makes such a big deal about the Pill causing her miscarriage - but wth caused Kelly's couple and the one Anna Duggar had last year?

That's (at least) 3 to 1 for getting pregnant vs trying to avoid getting pregnant.

Conclusion: More babies are killed by "God's Will" than by birth control.

Well, that's not my main issue with them. It's more their continuing to get pregnant when you know the risks and thus risking your child knowingly. It's a disregard for health and safety. But putting that aside...I suppose I just consider a more private thing and if I had miscarriages I would be less inclinded to tell people in case I were to have another and have to go through the whole anouncement thing. I would rather just keep it under wraps until it was more of a sure thing. That's more of a personal thing and what you or someone else chooses to do is up to the individual. But in terms of Gil & Kelly, they are kind of in public and well known, so it's kind of a different thing, a different dynamic. If I were them I would prefer to not announce to avoid negative criticism, it seems like that would be smarter in terms of PR. But then these are people that think reproducing is some kind of miracle. I don't know, it seems like they want an award for something lots of people do every day.

It is private for you. For me I don't want to fake stuff. Maybe they feel the same way. I guess for me, I received more help and good stuff from people. And like I said before, if we have to wait until the magical you will probably have a baby time...my child would be crying, breathing and probably named

To be fair this thread isn't really about my personal feelings or yours or any woman's. It was about Kelly's pregnancy and that's what I was commenting on.

To be fair this thread isn't really about my personal feelings or yours or any woman's. It was about Kelly's pregnancy and that's what I was commenting on.

And I am commenting that your comments that Kelly is an attention whore suck. You asked who does it, I said I do.

To be fair and all. I wasn't aware you got to determine when people can and can not comment on their personal experience when referencing other people's comments.

Archived