IGNORED

Kelly Bates is pregnant

FloraDoraDolly

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The latest blog entry is about cakes.That is old news and she lost the baby.

The blog entry I saw was dated July 14 and was so new it didn't have any comments yet.

Oh my Dog, not again! I don't know how she can stand the waiting to see if she miscarries. If she carries to term, does this make 19 Bateses? And how does one see her bog?

Oh my Dog, not again! I don't know how she can stand the waiting to see if she miscarries. If she carries to term, does this make 19 Bateses? And how does one see her bog?

gilbatesfamily.com/2011/07/14/count-your-blessings/

Click on Kellys name-will bring you to author archives and the announcement.Wonder why it is not a regular blog entry?

gilbatesfamily.com/blog

I sure wish she'd wait to announce. Although counting the miscarriages she's beat the Duggars by a landslide with 22 kids.

does it strike anyone here as weird that she isn't keeping this info under her hat a little longer?

I went through 2 miscarriages, and I'm here to tell you I did not want to live it out in the public eye. Hell, I didn't even want to talk to family.

Click on Kellys name-will bring you to author archives and the announcement.Wonder why it is not a regular blog entry?

It came up as a regular blog entry for me. I don't know why others have had such a hard time seeing it.

I think Kelly and Gil are probably aware of the popularity they have gained from being on the show. They know more people are following their blog and last year Yahoo did an article about them that increased their popularity. I think they like the popularity and probably weren't planning to wait to tell people about the pregnancy.

I still can't bring it up but I trust you all. Well, mazel tov to them, although if it was me, I would wait for the pee to dry on the stick before I announced again.

I've never been pregnant but I was under the impression there was a "12 week rule" and that a lot of women chose not to tell people until then. I suppose because the risk of miscarriage goes down after this time and the pregnancy becomes more stable? I don't see why they don't wait a little longer to make annoucements.

I hope this doesn't send Boob and DQ into some kind of fucking olympics trying to have number 20.

Maybe she's still editing it before publishing or it's queued to publish?

I don't understand what she means by "die daily" when she says this:

During the last pregnancy at the10 week mark, we discovered our baby had died. We are at the 9 week mark with this pregnancy and have to die daily to fears, instead choosing to trust God’s bigger plan.

*shrugs*

*shrugs*

Yes, I didn't understand that either. I mean, I get the general idea, but the die daily to fears part??

*shrugs*

It means like dying to yourself. You die to yourself and give it all up to God--worries, pride, whatever. I remember hearing that phrase sometimes before in my fundie-lite Christian school days.

Archived