IGNORED

heartsdesire/ Epic COW Talk--Merged

Georgiana

slickcat79, thanks for the link. I've been away for some months + so have missed quite a lot!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - she has 9 years between her two oldest kids? What a selfish bitch. :roll:

How can she think that raw milk during pregnancy has absolutely no risk? Hey, Know-It-All Farmer Lady - do a quick Google of "listeria + stillbirth". Sadly, it happens often enough to be mentioned in damn near every pregnancy book I've read.

I've only read a couple of her posts, and I want to slap her. Hell, I've stayed up all night with a cat giving birth, several times, and I've had to pull out my fair share of stuck kittens. She is truly an evil bitch. If she has another kid, I seriously hope she has hellish morning sickness, major SPD, and a horrific labor and delivery with no access to drugs - oh, let's throw in a tear that goes "all the way from asshole to breakfast", as the old folk say around here. My dream birth for her would result in a very healthy baby, and no reason why she could not have more - which would hopefully result in 14 day panic attacks every month. :twisted:

I can't really get into the asthma thing. I've been to the ER with all three of my kids, held them down for breathing treatments (while they screamed and cried, and I wanted to kill myself for torturing them) and walked the floors all night, thrilled to have them vomit mucus all over me. I've also had people attack me for letting them take prednisone - because the side effects must be so much worse than a dead child. All I can say is that a parent who treats it as a trivial thing needs to choke and die.

I can't really get into the asthma thing. I've been to the ER with all three of my kids, held them down for breathing treatments (while they screamed and cried, and I wanted to kill myself for torturing them) and walked the floors all night, thrilled to have them vomit mucus all over me. I've also had people attack me for letting them take prednisone - because the side effects must be so much worse than a dead child. All I can say is that a parent who treats it as a trivial thing needs to choke and die.

WTF is this? Why are people so freaked out about steroids? I mean, I guess I wouldn't take them for no reason, but people generally don't do anything for no reason, so it wouldn't occur to me that I'm super-special to act like everyone else. Or that someone would just take them willy-nilly, and that I would know so much more than them about steroids.

How can she think that raw milk during pregnancy has absolutely no risk? Hey, Know-It-All Farmer Lady - do a quick Google of "listeria + stillbirth". Sadly, it happens often enough to be mentioned in damn near every pregnancy book I've read.

She posted smugly about all the nagging health advice that she read in pregnancy books and how she was going to ignore it. When she sadly miscarried her baby, she never mentioned it again.

Twin calves sarah-heartsdesire.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/twins-on-farm.html may not be as great as she thinks. If they are male / female twins, then the cow calf is going to be sterile. www.thecattlesite.com/articles/975/what-is-a-freemartin

The weird things I remember from college.

Also mama cows to tend reject one twin. Twins in the cattle world really aren't that great.

• 1 month later...

In September, she has a post where she refers to the "food police at FJ." Why would we be the food police? I can see how we'd be the cow police, or the pasteurization police, or the asthma police, but what did we ever say about food? Or is there another FJ site that snarked on food?

My Gramps used to pull them with a rope and a come-along if they were well stuck or it was a small cow/big calf. Some can be pulled by hand if you are strong enough, by placing your feet against the back end of the cow. However, they should have went in to see where the head was before trying to pull, it the head was back and not forward down the birth canal that would have been the problem right there. Calf would have to be pushed back in somewhat and the head would have to be pulled down, then pull the calf. In my opinion they killed the calf with inexperience and neglecting to call a vet earlier.

Edited to add because I actually read the blog post, the front feet and the nose were out prior to midnight, but two strong grown men (Brian and Sarah's Dad) couldn't manage to pull that calf. Well, there you go! Even a big calf can be pulled if one learns about the proper care of the animals they own and doesn't subscribe to the "we never have had to help one before" theory!

Assholes! They are lucky they didn't lose the cow!

M.

Good friends of ours growing up owned a dairy farm. This was in the days before cell phones of course, and the dad went out to the fields to plow or some shit, and we were over there. The mom noticed the cow was having trouble. She asked my dad to pull the baby calf out. He did exactly as you said (She instructed him what to do as my dad is an English teacher and no experience birthing cows). We were all relieved that cow and baby were ok! However, the cow had been in labor

WTF is this? Why are people so freaked out about steroids? I mean, I guess I wouldn't take them for no reason, but people generally don't do anything for no reason, so it wouldn't occur to me that I'm super-special to act like everyone else. Or that someone would just take them willy-nilly, and that I would know so much more than them about steroids.

From what I understand, if you have a lot of steroids as a child you can develop diabetes. It happened to a friend of mine. But we're talking about really severe asthma for a prolonged amount of time.

• 3 weeks later...

WTF!!!!!!!!!

Just read her post and the comments - reminds me of all the church inspired fear I had, as a child. Her poor kids. The way they teach it, god is such a fear-mongering asshat.

This woman is a wannabe.

She is IRISH!!! She wants to be American and have pumpkin pie, fellowship and LOVES Courageous!

I'm thinking she got 'found' just around the time blogging became a thing. She should move. :lol:

FJ food police? :lol:

This woman is a wannabe.

She is IRISH!!! She wants to be American and have pumpkin pie, fellowship and LOVES Courageous!

I'm thinking she got 'found' just around the time blogging became a thing. She should move. :lol:

FJ food police? :lol:

Oh no... No no no! She's English! Married to an Irish guy and living here. We ain't claiming her... But actually what disturbs me is, this is the first time I've seen comments on her blog from Irish Christian homeschoolers. WTF? Are the fundies taking over here? Christ alive... I'll have to be on the look out.

Oh no... No no no! She's English! Married to an Irish guy and living here. We ain't claiming her... But actually what disturbs me is, this is the first time I've seen comments on her blog from Irish Christian homeschoolers. WTF? Are the fundies taking over here? Christ alive... I'll have to be on the look out.

:lol:

Irishy it is your duty, find them and lead them away from the darkside :lol:

Archived