IGNORED

MckMama Drama - Including the Fire - Merge

The Archivist

Sorry - saw where he married a Catholic and raised his daughter Catholic ... skimming is not always our friend.

So, a Jewish man who married a Catholic and supported the Confederacy? If not for the latter point, Voddie's choice would almost be positive.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've been waiting to get into trouble with the IFB after writing a whole series of blog posts on Hephzibah House, I noticed that my blog got 60 hits from people yesterday who were looking for info on Voddie.

I hope they all were sure to check out the First Time Obedience posts I did.

I'm not sure that it's great PR for Ron Paul... I guess that because he supports homeschooling, Voddie thinks he's swell.

Honestly, I don't think the support of either MckMama or Voddie speaks well for Ron. Well, it makes me even less likely to vote for him, which was already pretty nil. MckMama linking to him just seemed like such a "small world," kwim?

Offbeat mama (and the whole offbeat empire) are wonderful sites where I go to get my fundie-antidote, and suddenly she's there! Singing the praises of her chores-system.

http://offbeatmama.com/2012/01/chore-sy ... -five-kids

Maybe I should realise that this is the true face of inclusiveness, also include people whose ideas are VERY diffferent from yours, but I find I have a real case of cognitive dissonance here...

Any thoughts?

McKMama has new kids, posed on pieces of furniture, hard wood surfaces. Its making me crazy.

But there is some

fodder:

My husband and I are struggling in our marriage right now. It is mostly my fault. I owe more to my kids and family than to not be the wife God has called me to be. Will you pray for me?

The bug problem continues to be a struggle at the farmhouse and, for a few different reasons, it’s not looking like it’s going to be able to be taken care of. We are probably going to use this obstacle as an opportunity to move on. Perhaps you would pray that we as a family would be open to God’s direction and not our own as we, more specifically I, have been so selfishly prone to do in the past.

Her marriage is faltering, her kids are living in a (probably bed bug) nasty infested house, her goats are dropping kids left and right, and MCKMama is skipping merrily off to Africa to solve the world's problems.

Freaking typical, eh?

link?

You can start here to read about his posts on discipline, then and read the various links in that post wherein I talk more specifically about this stuff.

http://undermuchgrace.blogspot.com/2011 ... nding.html

There's a terrible quote in one of the posts where he says if you don't make your two year old stand and shake his hand and greet him properly, he says that he'll make sure that your kid does it that way by threatening to discipline your kid for you. I found it in a sermon of his on "multigenerational faithfulness" in audio which I understand may be on You Tube in a video now, though I'm not sure.

This link contains all of my posts pertaining to Voddie including the time he slammed me twice on his blog like an angry five year old who was angry that he wasn't right and the king of the universe. http://undermuchgrace.blogspot.com/2010 ... oddie.html It also has the quote about how daughters keep their fathers from having affairs because God gave men a need for attention from younger women. (Pass the puke bucket.) I hope people make sure to read that little ditty, too. But I think that the hothead demanding "I'll make your two year old act right if you wont" stuff is notable if you want a picture of who Voddie is, exactly.

What a fake. The guy apparently just says (quite skillfully because he's good at what he does) whatever is expedient for him out of time, and he gets by on coming off as a charismatic nice guy and as an intellectual. And he uses this skill to just run roughshod over anyone who gets in his path.

He admits he's a hothead, and I'd love to see how he "completely retrained" Jasmine as a 12 year old as he claims in his book, "Family Driven Faith."

There's a terrible quote in one of the posts where he says if you don't make your two year old stand and shake his hand and greet him properly, he says that he'll make sure that your kid does it that way by threatening to discipline your kid for you.

He'd be pulling back a stump if he even thought of laying a finger on my kid.

Thanks for the links, off to read.

Brainsample, I am really enjoying your blog. It is fascinating. I am having to translate it a bit mentally...sometimes I am thinking "How did this happen? Oh, OK, it's a bit like the time there was a Party split on an issue, except religious..." and other times I am not sure what the big words mean (but that was why Google was invented ;)) However slowly but surely I am getting a better view of Christian opposition to the likes of VF and I thank you for that.

The Offbeat Mama certainly embraces all types of family, and MckMama's homophobic views don't really fit in with their demographic. Offbeat Mama tweeted later that day that they don't participate in blog drama and the post was gone.

Brainsample, I am really enjoying your blog. It is fascinating. I am having to translate it a bit mentally...sometimes I am thinking "How did this happen? Oh, OK, it's a bit like the time there was a Party split on an issue, except religious..." and other times I am not sure what the big words mean (but that was why Google was invented ;)) However slowly but surely I am getting a better view of Christian opposition to the likes of VF and I thank you for that.

Thanks JFC. I have to give those interns at VF something to do. :)

I happened over that stuff of Voddie's concerning discipline while looking at the online material concerning what VF really means when they talk about "multigenerational faithfulness." That stuff is really sick, but it essentially sums up their beliefs: http://undermoregrace.blogspot.com/sear ... ithfulness

It's disgusting. This is not Christianity.

http://mwopblog.com/2012/01/week-in-review-01302012/

Don't know if it's been discussed. She's also going to leave "the farm". I don't follow them too closely but what I do know of her I can't blame him. Also, if I were that landlord I would be so angry about the way she painted the walls and floors of the farmhouse in those loud, tacky colors. He'll have to pay out of his own pocket to get it returned to normal, that's for sure.

Yowza! Dooce, Mckmama, who's next?!

I'm not surprised really....I always got the feeling Mck was more into the religion stuff than he was. Being married to her would be miserable. Poor kids. The amount of instability they've experienced in their short lives is pretty alarming.

I only started reading MckMama's blog and some of the stuff about her here. I'm not surprised that the husband is leaving her. The financial problems were probably a factor.

Some people have made the internet their whole life and personal relationships suffer. Their attentions are given to everyone but their partners and children. Also, I can't imagine living with someone who needs constant ego stroking. There has to be an element of narcissism in these people who make their living by blogging. Dooce's husband (dooce.com) just moved out. I'd shoot myself if I had to live with her.

Yowza! Dooce, Mckmama, who's next?!

I'm not surprised really....I always got the feeling Mck was more into the religion stuff than he was. Being married to her would be miserable. Poor kids. The amount of instability they've experienced in their short lives is pretty alarming.

We posted at the same time and both mentioned Dooce. lol

Honestly, all of the MWOP people are giving him virtual high fives, but I think he sucks. I don't give two shits what a bitch McDrama is, if he can't take it, then how the hell are those babies supposed to take it? I mean seriously, does he really think she's going to take care of them? Her "homeschooling" is an effing joke. And he leaves those kids at her mercy?? Hell no. I would NEVER, EVER, EVER bail on my 5 innocent kids to save my own ass. If it was bad enough for me to leave, you can bet your sweet life I'd take my babies with me.

Honestly, all of the MWOP people are giving him virtual high fives, but I think he sucks. I don't give two shits what a bitch McDrama is, if he can't take it, then how the hell are those babies supposed to take it? I mean seriously, does he really think she's going to take care of them? Her "homeschooling" is an effing joke. And he leaves those kids at her mercy?? Hell no. I would NEVER, EVER, EVER bail on my 5 innocent kids to save my own ass. If it was bad enough for me to leave, you can bet your sweet life I'd take my babies with me.

He's an ass, I agree, but we have no idea whether he's going to try to fight for the kids or not. He (wisely) stopped posting every intimate detail of his life online.

Archived