IGNORED

The cost of the no vaxer's

doggie

I'm 67 and there was pertussis vaccine when I was a child. If you are still able to speak of future kids you are way younger than me. Pertussis vaccine, along with tetanus and diptheria vaccines, have been around a very long time, I want to say late 1930's.

Yes but in Sweden children born between 1979-1996 were not vaccinated against pertussis as there was concerns regarding the safety of the vaccine. I was born in this time period so I wasn't vaccinated against pertussis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_controversies Scroll down a bit and you will find the information

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AMA and the FDA are corrupt. Look at what Monsanto has done to our food supply with the approval of the FDA! If you want to trust these organizations just because they are "mainstream" and set up to protect us by the government, God help you.

I sort of get your point, but why on earth would you trust a random blog with an obvious agenda if you are so suspicious of government agencies that have met with much more scrutiny?

Seriously- I can start a blog or website today, name it something like the American Vaccine Research Council or whatever else I make up, reprint a few articles from quacks lie Mercola or ghostwritten by people getting paid 1 cent a word and gleaned from the first results they found in Google. No matter how authoritative it may look or sound, it is still not a valid source for medical information or research.

There are some legitimate questions that can be raised about certain vaccines and their scheduling, using the AMA and the vaccine companies' own research, but vaccine opponents using a bunch of quacks to promote quackery just makes any legitimate questions or complaints get lost and makes it easier to label all critics as naive and misinformed.

The AMA and the FDA are corrupt. Look at what Monsanto has done to our food supply with the approval of the FDA! If you want to trust these organizations just because they are "mainstream" and set up to protect us by the government, God help you.

The AMA is not corrupt and it is not a government organization. The FDA is more so, especially where there is a lot of money at stake. But drug companies make next to nothing on vaccines, and the science behind them has been demonstrated repeatedly to the satisfaction of unbiased scientific and health review.

I sort of get your point, but why on earth would you trust a random blog with an obvious agenda if you are so suspicious of government agencies that have met with much more scrutiny?

Seriously- I can start a blog or website today, name it something like the American Vaccine Research Council or whatever else I make up, reprint a few articles from quacks lie Mercola or ghostwritten by people getting paid 1 cent a word and gleaned from the first results they found in Google. No matter how authoritative it may look or sound, it is still not a valid source for medical information or research.

There are some legitimate questions that can be raised about certain vaccines and their scheduling, using the AMA and the vaccine companies' own research, but vaccine opponents using a bunch of quacks to promote quackery just makes any legitimate questions or complaints get lost and makes it easier to label all critics as naive and misinformed.

Many mainstream health journal articles have agendas. We are at a point where mainstream media isn't always the most knowledgeable or even honest. Now there are lots of "alternative" websites that have problems too. It's ironic that the most access to info we have, the harder it is to get the honest truth.

...and jericho ignored my comment about how science actually shows that vaccines are safe in order to keep on the government conspiracy bandwagon. Somehow I'm not surprised.

What's next - water fluoridation is a plot to make us stupid? Lizard people? The Illuminati?

Oh, and what are the "agendas" of the mainstream health journals? Educate me.

Many mainstream health journal articles have agendas. We are at a point where mainstream media isn't always the most knowledgeable or even honest. Now there are lots of "alternative" websites that have problems too. It's ironic that the most access to info we have, the harder it is to get the honest truth.

:teasing-blah::text-baaa:

attachment.php?attachmentid=615781&stc=1&d=1313165072

...and jericho ignored my comment about how science actually shows that vaccines are safe in order to keep on the government conspiracy bandwagon. Somehow I'm not surprised.

What's next - water fluoridation is a plot to make us stupid? Lizard people? The Illuminati?

Health.

It's a conspiracy to make everyone so healthy they won't turn to homeopathy and it'll drive the homeopathic folks out of business! ;)

Guest Anonymous

Someone please let me know if it's lizard people - I might take jericho's hateful, unpleasant, willfully ignorant, fundie as hell ass off of ignore to see that.

The AMA is 80% funded by the government. They call themselves independent, but that facts prove otherwise.
I'm about to pull a snopester move. Cite please.

Someone please let me know if it's lizard people - I might take jericho's hateful, unpleasant, willfully ignorant, fundie as hell ass off of ignore to see that.

Oh silly Lissar! He isn't a fundie, he is just here to snark on fundies! Talking about the the early 1900's was a great period for poor people and conspiracy theories is just a small part of his posts. Oh wait, no it isn't. :roll: Me thinks the reason Jericho doesn't snark on fundies like he claimed he came here to do is because he is one.

I can't wait until the lizard people take over. You know they will be pro-vaccine and give everyone plety of time off work to get manicures.

I wish the AMA would speak out against the crazy, forced/birth, no birth control, "prolife" legislation that is snaking its way through every state legislature right now .....

Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if the AMA gets a lot of money from the government. But that doesn't bother me.

But then, I'm not a conspiracy nut.

The agendas are that many of these journals get paid by Pharmaceutic companies. Conflict of interest.

Science in general does not equal a reference. I am not saying there is a government conspiracy. Just that there might be money involved in some research and reporting.

Health.

It's a conspiracy to make everyone so healthy they won't turn to homeopathy and it'll drive the homeopathic folks out of business! ;)

Homeopathy is a joke. I stay away from that stuff.

Why is it that when I was in school people were only rarely ever allowed exemptions for vaccines and it was just the normal thing to do?

Based on the reference to chicken pox in the 1990's, I'm guessing we're close in age (I might be 5-10 years older). For our generation, I think our parents were quite happy to comply with vaccine recommendations because they grew up watching friends and family suffer with now rare child hood diseases. When we were growing up, the people making the vaccine rules had seen the diseases first hand, and the people making the vaccine decisions (our parents) saw it as well. My mom lost a childhood friend to polio, and in a town with only 800 people, the loss of even one classmate is a really big deal.

Now we have a generation of parents who have never seen a real, live case of polio, measles, mumps, etc... It's an abstract threat that doesn't really seem real. Personally, I had two different teachers in grade school who had post-polio syndrome. Having an English teacher with only one functioning hand and a Spanish teacher with a permanent limp was enough to convince me of the importance of vaccines.

The AMA is 80% funded by the government. They call themselves independent, but that facts prove otherwise.

Do you have a citation for this, or did you just pull it out of your ass like every other opinion you have expressed on this forum?

I'm about to pull a snopester move. Cite please.

I was wrong. I was thinking of the Institute of Medicine, a source the AMA cites a lot.

I'm 67 and there was pertussis vaccine when I was a child. If you are still able to speak of future kids you are way younger than me. Pertussis vaccine, along with tetanus and diptheria vaccines, have been around a very long time, I want to say late 1930's.

Perhaps it wasn't available in her area growing up?

Researchers are required to disclose funding sources that may present a conflict. Teh eebil jernalz make them do it. ime, journals are quite critical of work that may be biased and the community is vigilant against it. But since your science education is limited to Mercola and Bill O'Reilly, you would probably not know that.

Archived