IGNORED

Something I think all our dear fundies should think about...

InkyGirl

Yesterday I began a sort of bible study/book club/discussion group with a small group from church. Nothing earth shattering, like most small groups it was quick to turn to small talk about current events and the usual chit chat.

At one point though someone said something that I thought was so profound; I can't remember his name, ben, joe, brad, but he said "If God loves all the same things as you and hates all the same things as you, then you have truly created God in your own image." It really hit me. How many of our dear fundies have done this? Particularly, PP and the Zsu? The Pearls? They've created a God in their own image, not that they'd ever admit it.

Just some thoughts.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.â€

Anne Lamott

It is a mantra I repeat to myself every time I read a hate filled diatribe from a fundie.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.â€

Anne Lamott

It is a mantra I repeat to myself every time I read a hate filled diatribe from a fundie.

Whoa. Good one. I'll be remembering that.

That must be what he was trying to quote, either way it's awesome :)

Yes, it is awesome. No matter how it is phrased, direct quote or in sentiment, it means the same thing and is kind of indisputable.

"If God has made us in his image, we have returned him the favor." - Voltaire.

I've never heard it expressed like that - just things like "Wow, an amazing coincidence that God happens to hate all the things you do."

Archived