IGNORED

Security Cameras in the Duggar Compound?

Dhani_C

Guest Anonymous

It all sounds so voyeuristic. How would you feel as a guest? I'm never coming to visit, that's for sure! What if they watch you while you're sleeping? Creepy. :x

It would be really creepy - if you went to the bathroom you would be like - well if they watch me sleeping, are they watching here? And you could never have secrets between you and just a couple of your siblings (if you got along better with some of them more than others, and in the case of the Bates / Duggar's as they have few other friends that's possible.) But you couldn't have secrets because your parents could be watching from the living room!!! :oops: :shock:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Boob spied on the Vanderoffs. I remember it was mentioned that the Vanderoffs slept in the boys room and the Duggar boys slept in the bus during that time.

Guest Anonymous

Possibly? Except the camera "suite" is in the boys room, where the Vanderhoffs were, so Boob might not have been able to access them.

Do we know for sure the monitors are in that video closet or was that speculation?

Do we know for sure the monitors are in that video closet or was that speculation?

I distinctly remember juterus showing the monitor on the wall of her bedroom. It was on the new house tour.

How can the Bateses afford a security system to spy on their kids when they can't even provide food for them. Their priorities are seriously effed up. Better to let a kid go hungry than to let them have a second of privacy.

And if you need cameras just to keep track of all your kids, then you have to many kids! That's not an acceptable excuse in my book.

How can the Bateses afford a security system to spy on their kids when they can't even provide food for them. Their priorities are seriously effed up. Better to let a kid go hungry than to let them have a second of privacy.

And if you need cameras just to keep track of all your kids, then you have to many kids! That's not an acceptable excuse in my book.

I agree! Do they not realize that this kind of thing is what leads to rebellion??? Or put the kids at risk for all kinds of mental/emotional problems later on?

Guest Anonymous

Everything on this board is speculation.

To play devil's advocate here, I could see, since they invite a camera crew regularly into their home, as well as apparently random families, that they might want to have something to turn to if there are ever allegations of inappropriate whatever. I mean, or they could keep a better eye on their kids around strangers, but you know.

I agree! Do they not realize that this kind of thing is what leads to rebellion??? Or put the kids at risk for all kinds of mental/emotional problems later on?

I don't think that they do. Part of Gothard is telling people that if they follow the program their children will be obedient and not rebel. Being not terribly analytical, I think the Duggars fall for all his bull. They don't realize that the man has no children or child psychology training and so is more than likely talking through his hat. I expect that they do not see rebellion where we do in Josh's glutonous eating or having the TV including satellite dish, or his seemingly now limitless internet access. In the case of his weight gain, if they notice they probably laugh it off as sympathy pregnancy gain or newly married overeating. The rest maybe they are oblivous or don't see it as rebellion against their overly strict control. I don't think the Duggars know enough about child psychology to see the harm that they are doing or are able to predict the consequences of their actions.

yes they do there is a camera in the boys room but not the girls. can't have jimbob seeing anything of course.

But they can have Michelle seeing the boys get changed?

The Duggars are going for a spinoff: To catch a Predator, Fundie Edition.

:lol:

I can understand having a security camera looking out by the front gate (since they are semi-well known and people might try to get to their house), but there is NO reason for the cameras in the house. Seriously, Jim Bob even admit ted he owns a gun just in case. Watching your children 24/7 will not turn them into "G-dly" people--it will turn them into paranoid robots who do what you say out of sheer terror of the consequences. Children need time alone to make mistakes. If they can't make mistakes how in the hell are they supposed to learn what to do and what not to do? Obviously, parents should try to keep children from making dangerous mistakes, but children learn best from the natural consequences of their actions (e.g. getting a stomach ache from eating all the candy in the house). The cameras also breed an atmosphere of self-doubt. How can you learn to trust your own judgment when everyone around you doesn't seem to trust it? The lack of trust is really just appalling.

I remember when I started high school my parents sat me down for a talk. They told me about parties and drinking etc, and told me that they trusted my judgement but that they still created rules to keep me safe. I had friends whose parents wouldn't let them go out of the house unsupervised. Guess who ended up sneaking out and partying hard? They did. Guess who partied every once in a while but didn't have a need to party? me. When your parents trust you, you learn to trust yourself. Also, people always want what they cannot have, If you ban things, kids just want them more.

Sorry for the long and rambling rant, but I'm tired and this crap annoys the shit outta me.

Last time I drove by the Duggar Compund, there was no gate, IIRC. Also, they used to post their address and phone number on their website, which I think is just dumb.

Last time I drove by the Duggar Compund, there was no gate, IIRC. Also, they used to post their address and phone number on their website, which I think is just dumb.

They most definitely have a gate now.

They most definitely have a gate now.

Next time I get my oil changed I'll have to drive by. I haven't been passed their house in 5 years. I don't think they had the regular show then. It was just after Jennifer was born.

yes they do there is a camera in the boys room but not the girls. can't have jimbob seeing anything of course.

So.....do they not think that the girls masturbate? I'm sure that's the reason they spy on the boys is to make sure that doesn't happen..... but are fundies so out of touch with the idea of female pleasure that they don't think women might also have that kind of urge?

So.....do they not think that the girls masturbate? I'm sure that's the reason they spy on the boys is to make sure that doesn't happen..... but are fundies so out of touch with the idea of female pleasure that they don't think women might also have that kind of urge?

no they are kept too busy. I know ironic right? but girls can be guilted out of it easier then boys can.

Guest Anonymous

That was speculation - we don't even know if the Duggar's have cameras - but the Bates definitely do. They showed an interviewer the whole system.

That was speculation - we don't even know if the Duggar's have cameras - but the Bates definitely do. They showed an interviewer the whole system.

Glad to see they have their priorities in order. Expensive electronic equipment to keep an eye on the kiddos with no dinner on the table. I have always appreciated my parents and tell them I love them all the time, but I think I'll give them an extra hug this weekend for not being overbearing totalitarian dictators who have to watch my every move on a surveillance system.

Guest Anonymous

Glad to see they have their priorities in order. Expensive electronic equipment to keep an eye on the kiddos with no dinner on the table. I have always appreciated my parents and tell them I love them all the time, but I think I'll give them an extra hug this weekend for not being overbearing totalitarian dictators who have to watch my every move on a surveillance system.

Definitely! But since when haven't the Bates been able to feed their kids? Was this shown in that special I had to MISS because it isn't shown in the UK?

Since their son, Lawson has to buy the groceries with money he earns with his grass cutting business.

Definitely! But since when haven't the Bates been able to feed their kids? Was this shown in that special I had to MISS because it isn't shown in the UK?

It was shown on special here on ABC. One of the older sons, Lawson Bates, has to regularly buy groceries for the family using money he earns from his landscaping business. They showed him buying food from Walmart. It seems as though he "loans" his parents and siblings money on a regular basis. Without Lawson's help, they would be screwed.

And the Bateses don't even bother to "borrow" from Lawson for horse feed; they simply let the horses starve. The original episode was editing to remove the neglected horses after the internet complained.

Archived