IGNORED

Declare war against witchcraft!

Kishiria

http://www.patheos.com/Catholic/Fashion ... -2012.html

"Why are all these pagans objecting to me saying they're being fooled by the Devil? I'm only saying it because I love them!"

Patheos.com is an interfaith website. It has blogs by the usual Christians, Jews and Muslims but also Mormons, Scientologists, Baha'i and a big Pagan portal.

I figure that Lisa here is all smiles over being a martyr during Holy Week.

British man claiming that what John Edwards is doing is a 'cold reading.'*faith healer, minsiter,etc* And he explained the psychology of it and then he demonstrated how it works.

First, the British man advertised that he was a psychic*faith healer, minister, psychic*. And then the people walked in and because they believed it, they anticipated it, and they made it happen. He asked generic questions and they filled in the blanks. So he does this with an audience and they're telling him everything he needs to pull off the illusion, and they're all crying and emotional. And then he says, "I have to stop this," and they are all in shock when he tells them it was all made up.

It's all relative, the article is some places describes how people will beleive anythign that comes out of someone's wouth because they declare themselves to be "something"

Puts me in thought of the old saying "One's man's Relgiion is another man's Hocus Pocus, one Man's Hocus Pocus is another man's Science and one man's Science is another man's Religion!

The Amazing Randy has some good stuff on The Skeptics website on how John Edwards does his 'readings'. John Edwards is also not Wiccan as far as I know, nor does he practice witchcraft.

Ya know, Christians get all bent out of shape when a non-believer tells them they are wrong. Yet, they feel perfectly justified in telling somebody else their beliefs are wrong, in a nasty way too. My irony-o-meter just broke again.

John Edward's show (the famous necromancer)

Yep, because he brings people back from the dead, right on TV! :lol: If you're going to argue the occult, you should at least know the what the proper terms are in the area.

I think what really bothers me (and this is one of the things that pushed me away from Christianity as a whole) is this kind of double bind:

If you have Jesus, you will have peace! Unless he decides to let the Devil assail you, then you won't have peace, but you need faith. But if things are going well for you and you feel good about yourself, it's because you don't have Jesus. What?

I think what really bothers me (and this is one of the things that pushed me away from Christianity as a whole) is this kind of double bind:

If you have Jesus, you will have peace! Unless he decides to let the Devil assail you, then you won't have peace, but you need faith. But if things are going well for you and you feel good about yourself, it's because you don't have Jesus. What?

Whoa. Migraine.

Yep, because he brings people back from the dead, right on TV! :lol: If you're going to argue the occult, you should at least know the what the proper terms are in the area.

Necromancy can also refer to communication with the dead, which is something he claims to be able to do.

Necromancy can also refer to communication with the dead, which is something he claims to be able to do.

I would just consider him a medium. Necromancy usually requires ritual magic to conjure or communicate with the souls of the dead. That is if it isn't all bull. A long time ago, I think it was on magic debunked, where a former worker said they plant people in the waiting area to overhear what the guests want to hear and then mark their seat so he know which one to pick on.

That is if it isn't all bull. A long time ago, I think it was on magic debunked, where a former worker said they plant people in the waiting area to overhear what the guests want to hear and then mark their seat so he know which one to pick on.

Yeah, I think he's totally full of crap.

Yeah, I think he's totally full of crap.

In Penn & Teller's Vegas show, they do a few different sorts of psychic readings that are total BS and then explain how they do it. That is one way.

Archived