IGNORED

fundie facebook adds!!

Guest magadociousrex

Guest Anonymous

So I am a reenactor, and I"ve got some reenacting friends, well they're not really friends, lets call them aquaintances shall we? that are either fundie, fundie light or like, messianic fake Jews. I'll occasionally comment on their pages if they post something that looks good, such as a delicious dairy free dessert. The only reason I initially added them was for well, networking, trying to sell some stuff that I make, or just to keep abreast of civil war reenactment events in other parts of the state/country etc.

I should probably stop this, as today, I got not one, not two but THREE add requests from friends of "friends". All "keepers at home" or "stay at home homesteader".

This amuses me to not end. I have it posted very clearly in my info that I'm a "flaming liberal" and that I'm Jewish and that David Sedaris and Stephen King are my favorite authors, and I have "likes" such as "drag queens" and causes of "make gay marriage legal in all states" . I think they see the "stay at home mom" bit and go "LA LA LA I'M NOT READING" for the rest of the stuff.

EDITED: MAKE THAT FOUR. WHAT THE FRESH HELL!?!?!?!?!

Nevermind...you couldn't be, you aren't a Messianic Jew. It was the headcover and your face that made me think you were someone else. Sometimes a bandana is just a bandana, carry on..

Guest Anonymous

Holy crap no. I'm SO not.

I'm just your garden variety Reform Jew who is sick to death of her grey hairs showing and not being able to afford hair dye!!!! (I've named them all after my mother in law)

I don't know, my only experience with these kinds of people have been Protestant Christian fundie, so maybe this doesn't apply, but could they be trying to love bomb you or some such? You know, where they make friends with you so you'll go to their church/convert to their religion/etc. It seems so odd that four would friend you right out of the blue. Sounds like a love bombing campaign to me!

Then again, maybe they're lonely and just want to talk with someone who is also at home and so they thusly ignore your liberalness... But speaking from experience, my money is on the first option.

Edited to elaborate a bit....and for spelling.

Guest Anonymous

if that IS their intent, they're in for a really rude awakening.

I don't suffer proselytizing... at all. And they'll get an ear full of it from me.

if that IS their intent, they're in for a really rude awakening.

I don't suffer proselytizing... at all. And they'll get an ear full of it from me.

LOL! Me too. Are you going to friend them? I don't know if I would, but you could experiement with your statuses to see how they react....

I guess I would just friend them and let them see the "bad" stuff for themselves. Who knows, maybe they'll learn something?

Guest Anonymous

That's my hope. But I'm not holding out much hope. The last one who quoted scripture at me, and I pointed out where she was wrong. Told me homosexuality was an abomination, I then asked her if she had ever eaten lobster or pork, and she in a snitty fit, called me the Antichrist. Made my WEEK. :twisted: :twisted: :obscene-birdiedoublered:

That's my hope. But I'm not holding out much hope. The last one who quoted scripture at me, and I pointed out where she was wrong. Told me homosexuality was an abomination, I then asked her if she had ever eaten lobster or pork, and she in a snitty fit, called me the Antichrist. Made my WEEK. :twisted: :twisted: :obscene-birdiedoublered:

I'm not adding much to the conversation except to say that you have honestly made my rotten day totally awesome! :laughing-lettersrofl:

:lol: That's great!! :clap:

If a fundie tried to add me on Facebook, I'd be pretty amused and would be all over that. Also, David Sedaris is one of my favorite writers, too! :)

So I am a reenactor, and I"ve got some reenacting friends, well they're not really friends, lets call them aquaintances shall we? that are either fundie, fundie light or like, messianic fake Jews. I'll occasionally comment on their pages if they post something that looks good, such as a delicious dairy free dessert. The only reason I initially added them was for well, networking, trying to sell some stuff that I make, or just to keep abreast of civil war reenactment events in other parts of the state/country etc.

I should probably stop this, as today, I got not one, not two but THREE add requests from friends of "friends". All "keepers at home" or "stay at home homesteader".

This amuses me to not end. I have it posted very clearly in my info that I'm a "flaming liberal" and that I'm Jewish and that David Sedaris and Stephen King are my favorite authors, and I have "likes" such as "drag queens" and causes of "make gay marriage legal in all states" . I think they see the "stay at home mom" bit and go "LA LA LA I'M NOT READING" for the rest of the stuff.

EDITED: MAKE THAT FOUR. WHAT THE FRESH HELL!?!?!?!?!

Well, you sound like one of my IRL friends,you should friend me on FB:)

I have 2 semi-fundies on my FB only because they are from childhood and one had cancer and I wanted to see how she was so I friended her. I never post on their walls.

Guest Anonymous
But the most important question: Do they have blogs? This could be a whole new feedstock for the forum! :D

HA HA! that's exactly what my husband said. His exact words were "They know you post on FJ, and they want the site hits and the "persecuted by Free Jinger badge"

I had several too, didn't last long. Soon as the whole "Godly homemaker" thing blew up I was unceremoniously defreinded en masse. Funny, because I was branded as "Wiccan" and am not. Several unfreindings AND got kicked off two homesteading blogs. I NEVER brought up religion to any of them, didn't even have my religious views listed until after my bannishing.

Archived