IGNORED

Miss Universe-Transgenders need not apply

Sunnichick31

(not breaking the link cause I doubt CNN cares)

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/27/world ... ?hpt=hp_t3

Not sure what to say about this. It offends me, that's for sure, but not sure what to say. Who gives a damn what she was born with. Apparently the ruies state that a woman has to be a naturally born female. I dare you to show me ONE woman who is all-natural, meaning no implants, no nose jobs, nothing. I bet there isn't one single natural female in the MIss Universe pagent, so how the hell is this any different!!!???!!! :angry-screaming:

So, in their minds, a woman with fake boobs and ass who gets botox injections in her face every chance she gets and enjoys wearing 1,000 pounds of make up along with fake eyelashes during their "off days" are considered completely natural but when a woman, who was originally born a male, wants to participate, the red light is put in their face for not being natural?

And this is why I never watch such stupid shows.

So, in their minds, a woman with fake boobs and ass who gets botox injections in her face every chance she gets and enjoys wearing 1,000 pounds of make up along with fake eyelashes during their "off days" are considered completely natural but when a woman, who was originally born a male, wants to participate, the red light is put in their face for not being natural?

And this is why I never watch such stupid shows.

You hit that on the head.

Who cares about Miss Universe. Most people can't participate because they aren't the "right" model. I can never be Miss Universe because I'm just under five feet tall. Transgendered women should forget about the dumb, biased organization and do something better with their lives. Miss America/Miss Universe aren't worth their time. They'll take women with fake everything, but won't take anyone not pretty to their standards even if they are naturally pretty, but not tall or thin enough and not born a woman, but a woman now they just keep proving they are shallow bigots.

• 2 weeks later...

She was on 20/20 yesterday. They interviewed donald trump too and donald trump kept focusing on the fact that the letters in her name spelled "genitals" so that meant she had another motive. WTF?!

Ok, so Trump is that stupid and gets to be disgustingly rich while I can't even find a job?

Well. I always found that the beauty pageant participants had more in common with drag show performers than they did with me, an XX and self-identified female. At one point I got all offended about drag show trannies misrepresenting femininity, kind of like Al Jolson and blackface trying to represent African Americans. But I got over myself and now I just figure if their thing is getting tarted out like that, they can have it, though I would rather they, and the Miss Uni cream puffs, not pretend to represent femininity. It should definitely be equal opportunity, sex clearly does not figure in anywhere in the sort of "beauty" they are competing for.

Although perhaps Donald feels threatened because obviously he goes for the barbie doll type beauty. Of course, with his hair and make-up, all he needs is some silicone in his chest and he could compete too.

Just a proof that those shows are male-centered and heteronormative. No man would get off watching a trans getting crowned (or SHOULD) so no "need" accepting a transgender woman to participate in a competition for the eyes of "straight" men. Blah.

Guest Anonymous
Well. I always found that the beauty pageant participants had more in common with drag show performers than they did with me, an XX and self-identified female. At one point I got all offended about drag show trannies misrepresenting femininity, kind of like Al Jolson and blackface trying to represent African Americans. But I got over myself and now I just figure if their thing is getting tarted out like that, they can have it, though I would rather they, and the Miss Uni cream puffs, not pretend to represent femininity. It should definitely be equal opportunity, sex clearly does not figure in anywhere in the sort of "beauty" they are competing for.

Drag queens and cross-dressers are not the same as people who are transgender. Also, "trannies" is an offensive term.

http://www.glaad.org/transgender?gclid= ... 7QodcXWhXg

What does 'transgender' mean?

'Transgender' is a term used to describe people whose gender identity differs from their assigned sex at birth. Transgender people may or may not decide to alter their bodies hormonally and/or surgically.

How is sexual orientation different from gender identity?

Sexual orientation describes an individual's enduring physical, romantic, emotional, and/or spiritual attraction to another person. Gender identity is one's personal sense of being a man or a woman. For transgender people, their birth-assigned sex and their own internal sense of gender identity do not match. Transgender people may be heterosexual, lesbian, gay, or bisexual. For example, a biological male who transitions to female and is attracted to other women would be identified as a lesbian.

How do I talk about transgender people?

Incorrect: "Max is transgendered."

Correct: "Max is transgender."

•'Transgender' should always be used as an adjective, never as a noun. For instance, instead of saying, "Max is a transgender," you should say, "Max is a transgender man."

•The word transgender never needs an extraneous '-ed' at the end of the word.

•When referring to a transgender person, you should always use the person's preferred pronoun (he/she/his/hers) and name. If you're uncertain how an individual identifies, it is okay to respectfully ask the person which pronoun is preferred.

What terminology is offensive to transgender people?

The following terms are usually considered offensive and/or defamatory to transgender people:

•Transvestite

•She-male

•He-she

•It

•Trannie

•Tranny

•Shim

http://www.ehow.com/how_2171663_transge ... queen.html

Understand what transgender means: It is a state of being in which the apparent or biological gender (usually determined at birth) does not match the person's subjective gender -- that is, the gender the person identifies as. While transgender people usually have distinct female or male genitalia and matching chromosomes, even as young children they "know" that they are in bodies that do not match their subjective gender identification. For example, a woman who identifies as male and wears male apparel may be referred to as transgender.

Know that cross-dressing is the act of wearing clothing typically associated with the opposite sex. Cross-dressers are not necessarily transgender, although in the strictest sense a pre-operative transgender person presenting as the opposite sex is technically cross-dressing. Cross-dressers do not necessarily identify as a gender other than their biological gender. To use this term to refer to a transgender person is considered offensive.

Distinguish these terms from the term drag queen. A drag queen is a male who cross-dresses for the purpose of entertaining others, often lip-synching songs by popular divas at drag shows. Females who dress as males for the purposes of entertainment are called "drag kings." Drag kings and queens may not be transgendered or homosexual and may identify as heterosexual.

Sorry. Did not know it was offensive. I went to several shows, and bars with shows, with my gay best friend, and that is what they called the drag queens who were performing. I guess it is like the n-word, not to be used by people outside the group. Note made, and no offense intended.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks, fundifugee. And yeah, I do think that that it is a word that some people in the group might choose to use in a reclaiming kind of way.

Archived