IGNORED

Kim at LiaS is pregnant again

starfish

I read the open letter to working moms sometime back on Kim's site. Other fundie bloggers have made similar blog postings like that before. Kelly at GC has done blog postings similar to Kim's a few times. I have been following a Mormon blogger for awhile who is severely disabled and doesn't have kids. She was raised in one income/SAHM household with six sisters, she has a similar mentality in which she thinks all two income families or smaller families have entitled or materialistic attitudes. She has a bit of pompous attitude in which she thinks women who stay at home,with their kids, cook, clean are the best women in the world. SAHMs are no better than working moms and working moms are no better than SAHMS.

A lot of the working moms I know chose to work for combination of different reasons. Some like having careers and they like giving their families extra security. My mom was SAHM a few times when my older siblings were very young. She decided to work full time for insurance reasons and to help contribute to our college educations. Growing up we had cable but that was mostly for movies and sports on the weekends. I know a lot of people who loathe reality shows. My siblings and I were in sports and we had music lessons, but the stuff we did was never extremely expensive. The piano teacher that I had didn't charge a lot because she liked teaching mostly because she was retired from being a college music professor. My parents enjoyed going to recitals, volleyball,baseball, cross country/track meets, etc.

Some two income families don't travel a lot for different reasons that includes sometimes includes finances. Some two income families barely make it and I know people in these situations and they continue to work mainly so their kids are fed, clothed, and have access to health and dental insurance. The attitude about working moms always having newer cars is stupid. I know working moms who are driving cars that are 10-15 years old, but sometimes cars will not last that long. If you live in a state with snowy weather and roads that are constantly salted, there is a good chance your car will be torn up a bit after five years. Like katiebug said, driving on older worn tires is not a safe thing to do for a number of reasons.

Every time I read her post about the bunk beds again, I am just appalled. Sleeping on a shelf with just 6 inches of memory foam and 18" of space sounds like a horrible version of hell.

That's 6 inches for the "lucky" older girls. The younger ones only get 3, AND they have to share shelves!

I have cringed several times while reading Kim's blog. The sleeping on shelves is likely damaging the backs of those kids and the frequent rodent problems that family has grosses me out.

I saw that she referred to 'pregnancy brain' the other day, and has been talking about the wonders of beans for preventing morning sickness. I was one of the commenters on the Working Moms thread (it was before I know exactly how kooky she was), and I *still* think of the woman who has snakes and rodents in her walls and was literally days away from having their car repossessed. There but for the grace of God go I, I guess.

I *still* think of the woman who has snakes and rodents in her walls and was literally days away from having their car repossessed. There but for the grace of God go I, I guess.

I want to believe, so very badly, that it was a joke post. There is no excuse, really there just isn't. Not to defend Kim but she even pointed out in the post that some people DO need to work (still a little bit judgmental about it but at least she was realistic).

:? I find it so hard to have pity for people like that commenter, if it's true.

I remember that commenter who mentioned the snakes and rodents. I remember getting grossed by that. If that commenter's situation was real, it wouldn't surprise me. I have heard of other fundies who get into really bad situations.

Under normal circumstances I would think the snakes and rodents lady was being sarcastic, but with these people it is most likely true. Which is really sad.

Has Kim ever mentioned being on any kind of government assistance? I don't *think* she is. She needs to get food stamps or something. How do they feed all those kids? Maybe she shoots squirrels off the porch and cooks them up.

I think they are on Samaritan's medical share plan, instead of the state insurance CHPS plan. I can't remember, it seems like I recall reading something about it. If Doug said do it, they are doing it.

I have cringed several times while reading Kim's blog. The sleeping on shelves is likely damaging the backs of those kids and the frequent rodent problems that family has grosses me out.

The rodent problems are more than gross she live in an area that can have hanta virus.

Several of her kids (and possibly Kim herself) have had serious cases of whooping cough, requiring hospitalization, yet she refuses to have anyone vaccinated.

I'm pretty sure we taxpayers are picking up the hospital bill to underwrite her kooky beliefs on vaccinations.

Archived