IGNORED

Raising Homemakers & Walking with Sarah-Gentler Gender

dairyfreelife

Raising Homemakers has a guest post by a couple named Herb and Rhonda. Rhonda has a blog linked called Walking with Sarah and spills the typical nonsense of women being fair and gentle and she wants to be treated like a "princess".

God has created boys in a way that they know intuitively they are different from the gentler sex and they long to be respected as such.

All I can say to this is :roll:

Boys need heroes to emulate. Is it a coincidence that fatherless young men turn to gangs to provide leadership and belonging?

And here I thought it had more to do with protection in dangerous parts of town. I'm rather sure that almost everyone wants to belong somewhere, whether they have father or not.

Several years ago, an educator caused a stir among the homeschooling community. His observation was that as a result of mothers overseeing their sons’ education even into the high school years, it was leading to the feminizing of young men.

Who is this "educator"? Always skeptical when there isn't a name named. Therefore I can't gather if it's made up or not. I'd like to know what "feminizing" young men actually means in her world.

Boys should be taught to protect, provide and lead

As opposed to things like teaching them respect, charity, honesty, and other good qualities. Just protecting, providing and leading. What great men they will be.

Give your boys something to do; give them physical challenges. Our culture desperately needs men–step back, moms and let men raise boys!

I didn't know we were lacking in men because I see several everyday. Didn't know there was a crisis of men at hand. Oh, yeah, just a crisis of Rhonda's idea of what men should be where men see themselves as stronger and more capable than women and therefore have to take charge and lead women because they are apparently incapable of leading it with him. Yeah, we are lacking those types of men because most men I know have this radical notion that women are just as capable as men and are not weaker or more gentle. I know, crazy. We must fix such nonsense notions.

From Rhonda's blog.

This is the natural consequence of demanding gender neutrality and the feministic attitude that prevails in our society that women have the right to be treated JUST THE SAME AS MEN. We want to prove we can do anything a man can do and probably better.

Yes, how dare women be treated the same as a man with the same rights and all. I've always heard the only way women could get equal treatment was to be better than a man because otherwise no one would take her seriously.

Women are different from men. You can deny it by refusing to be feminine, but on the inside, you are a woman and you always will be. You are a special creation of God~you were meant to express the beauty of a completer~the missing piece of the puzzle in the completion of man.

That's right, just a part of man and not a being of our own right. What a lovely idea.

I like when a man opens a door for me. I don't consider it an insult. We need a good old fashioned dose of common sense in this area. There was a day when women were treated tenderly, men went to war so their women and children could be protected.

Can I challenge you to restore gentility in your relationships with men and in our society by acting like a lady? If you want to be treated like a princess, then act like one. Let's make sure we're teaching our boys to handle their sisters gently and encouraging femininity in our daughters.

Women's Rights? You can have them--I'll take being treated like a Princess any day!

Aw, she wants to be a princess. I did too, when I was like seven. How cute these women never grow up and get over the fairy tale prince charming thing. And again with the door opening and being treated tenderly and gently. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'm not a breakable plate in a china cabinet and don't need treated like one, thanks.

Posts at

raisinghomemakers.com/2012/boys-need-men/

walkingwithsarah.com/2012/03/womens-rights.html

It's funny, I never wanted to be a princess when I was seven. I wanted to be an astronaut.

When you come across someone using the argument 'the way god created them' it's pointless to debate further with them. That line is a sign of where that persons thinking stops.

It's funny, I never wanted to be a princess when I was seven. I wanted to be an astronaut.

When you come across someone using the argument 'the way god created them' it's pointless to debate further with them. That line is a sign of where that persons thinking stops.

>.> I always wanted to be a princess... yeah, didn't happen.

Even if you want to play out sub/dom roles* in the privacy of your own home, why would you think that means laws should not apply equally outside of the home? That's what really got me obsessed interested in fundies in the first place. This idea they have that their private lives should somehow govern other people's private life. There is a serious disconnect going on with them that's just fascinating.

(*Apologies to honest sub/dom couples.)

A "Princess" over the age of 10/11/12 is considered to be an insult.

A "Princess" who is teenaged or adult is considered flakey, selfish and spoiled. I am not raising a princess.

Boys should be taught to protect, provide and lead

I thought male people NATURALLY protected, provided, and led. If this is all NATURAL to having a penis, why do we have to teach it to them again?

:lol: :romance-caress:

My daughters played princess when they were younger but they were kick ass princess who beat up bad guys and saved the prince.

I thought male people NATURALLY protected, provided, and led. If this is all NATURAL to having a penis, why do we have to teach it to them again?

Me too. Women can be brave and protective also. Humans usually want to protect those that they love. Those aren't traits that belong to just one sex.

If God created women to be so super duper feminine then shouldn't it just happen without her having to urge us to "encourage" it? Shouldn't boys be born protector/providers without having to be taught?

I was born with green eyes. Nobody had to "encourage" me or "teach" me to have them. I just had them. If I was "born" to be "feminine" then why would anyone have to do anything to make it happen?

When I was a little girl, I wanted to marry a princess. You never know, it could still happen ;)

Princesses don't have to do laundry, bake bread from scratch, tidy up after their headship, homeschool hoards of children, etc. I do not think they actually mean what they say.

Princesses don't have to do laundry, bake bread from scratch, tidy up after their headship, homeschool hoards of children, etc. I do not think they actually mean what they say.

Good point. A princess/scullery maid/brood mare/nanny/teacher/submissive wife. Easy

I just stated an age when I probably last considered it. Course before the age of seven, I also believed Santa Claus gave me gifts on Christmas and the tooth fairy took my baby teeth and gave me a dollar in exchange so, you know. I wanted to be many things. I was lucky enough to not have parents who told me that girls can't be things like doctors and astronauts and can only get married and have babies because the only role I had in life was to please my husband and obey his every word as an adult. My father wanted me to go to college and wants me to get a good-paying job.

And don't worry, BlackHawk, I didn't get to be a princess either. Dougie of VF still plays dress up. ;)

I wondered the same thing. It's not natural at all. They have to indoctrinate teach their sons to believe they are the stronger gender. When women don't "fulfill their roles as Godly wives and submit to their husbands" they are in sin. You have to indoctrinate teach girls they are weaker and need protection. I have always found the natural, but needing it taught bit to be at odds too.

Her quote about how men go to war to protect wimmin and children? Tell that to Israel. Tell that to the Soviets in WW2, they used women as snipers. Sheesh. And how is having your wife give birth on a toilet or on the back patio treating her like a princess? Princesses go to nice clean hospitals. Princesses have husbands who actually care about their well being and get jobs instead of studying scripture all day and pretending to be visionary warriors of Yawweh or whatever they're calling themselves this week. (And I'm still mad that they wouldn't let me be a pirate)

When I was a little girl, I wanted to marry a princess. You never know, it could still happen ;)

Same here! I got a business woman instead. Le sigh, where did I go wrong? :lol:

I wanted to be a primatologist studying chimpanzees...never reallly liked the girls things untl my teens, I was always playing sports with the boys!

So, can any current/former fundie please explain how this whole "princess" stuff works in real life?

Here on Planet Earth, throughout history, princesses in various cultures and times have been treated in special ways. For example, princesses didn't shovel shit, sleep in the same room as farm animals or wear their teeth down on gritty bread before they turned 30. But this had nothing to do with how "feminine" they were.

It had to do with the fact that their fathers and husbands were kings or princes and the wealth of society was concentrated in the hands these few men. This meant that the vast majority of men had to be peasants that supported the lifestyles of the aristocracy. And their women had to do the aforementioned unpleasant things to survive. It didn't matter if a serf's daughters wanted to be all delicate, or acted feminine, or not; no one was going to allow them to sit on a cushion and sew a fine seam. A peasant woman who demanded fine lady treatment from men would be taken down pretty quickly with a death sentence or an old-fashioned, humbling gang rape by the noblemen of her neighborhood.

Who are supposed to be the shit-shovelers that are to support this lady-of-leisure life that the fundies promote?

Princess... HAH ! I wanted to be EMPRESS.

Who are supposed to be the shit-shovelers that are to support this lady-of-leisure life that the fundies promote?

Why, I think they expect US to be their shit shovelers. You know, since they know Jeebus (not to be confused with that guy in the Gospels and have The Absolute Truth, while we're just women (not ladies).

Ah, yes, all those princesses from days of yore, with classic names like "Addallee" and "Jinger", who spent their days making chickenetti for the King, homeschooling the younger princes and princesses, and scrubbing floors of the royal palaces.

What a fucking halfwit.

Here's why things like her post are insulting. Switch it up a bit with the language and it sounds awful.

This is the natural consequence of demanding racial neutrality and the integration attitude that prevails in our society that blacks have the right to be treated JUST THE SAME AS WHITES. They want to prove they can do anything a white person can do and probably better.

Blacks are different from whites. You can deny it by refusing to be segregated, but on the inside, you are black and you always will be. You are a special creation of God~you were meant to express the beauty of a completer~the missing piece of the puzzle in the completion of the white man.

I like when I see a black person give up their seat to a white person and sits in the back. It’s not an insult. We need a good old-fashioned does of common sense in this area. There was a day when blacks were treated tenderly, when they would happily drink from separate water fountains and use separate bathrooms and go to separate schools.

Can I challenge you to restore gentility in your relationships with whites and in our society by acting like the coloured person you are? If you want to be treated like a king or queen, then act like one. Let’s make sure we’re teaching white children to segregate themselves from black children and encourage black children to know their place.

Integration? You can have it—I’ll take being treated king or queen any day!

*Chose king and queen to add how stupid that sounds to the average American in this day and age and makes as much sense as the princess statement. Because we have kings, queen and princesses and princes and all that stuff here, right? :roll:

Regardless, it's horrible in this context and people who disagree with the above related to blacks and whites are okay to do the same with men and women still. Sickening. We still have a long way to go for equal rights in America. Such a pity in a first world country that we still have this serious problem.

If the father is supposed to be working full time to support the family, when is he supposed to find the time to homeschool his sons so they don't turn out all girly and stuff?

I had a boy who got mad when I told him I'd rather be treated like a person than a princess. He said he couldn't do that.

I told him if he HAD to treat me like royalty, then the could treat me as his Empress Regent and his sovereign, because a girl like me exceeded the rank of princess long ago.

Archived