IGNORED

New Baby for LL @ VitaFam

slickcat79

Maybe I'm extra hormonal today (okay, I am) but I feel like LL is a reasonably intelligent person, not really more self-absorbed than most mommy bloggers out there, if only she weren't surrounded by fundies... if only she didn't "train" her children with "implements"... if only she'd been more compassionate about the attachment needs of an adopted child... if only she'd (post about) worry more about being there for her children and be honest about her life instead of drama queening it up with how quirky and funny she is and how it's all some Bigger Metaphor... Wow. Almost everything on her blog is either her blowing up something small (crafts! Oh nooooo! She must the Best Mother Ever for taking on such an Enormous Burden!) or trying to make some Big Point about Faith, Life and Everything. Don't most people exist somewhere in-between? And now I've rambled and lost the thread...

Oh. So anyway I feel like somewhere in there she's got a brain. Sometimes she even shows evidence of self-awareness and self-deprecation. But she's been following some bad advice for years, and in my opinion she's got her priorities all wrong. On the other hand, life is long and even some posters at FJ took one path, came to their senses and got out of fundiedom.

So is there hope? She drives me nuts, but I also feel like they're better-equipped to handle getting out of fundie life, so there's a part of me that wants to root for her. Yeah, I'm a rambling mess today.

Count down to when LL starts complaining about him and just how difficult her life is with all these kids.

Count down to when LL starts complaining about him and just how difficult her life is with all these kids.

Hah, that's what I was thinking. How will she ever leave home now with all those kids. I predict that Andrew will be doing most of the shopping since LL has a meltdown whenever she takes the kids out by herself.

I know I'm supposed to feel happy about the birth of a baby, but all I can do is think, "you poor thing". :(

I actually had an anxiety attack in my boyfriend's car the other day and I couldn't help but think of poor baby Amira. I can only imagine what she has been going through and having an anxiety attack having never ridden in a car before it breaks my heart to think about it.

I know I'm supposed to feel happy about the birth of a baby, but all I can do is think, "you poor thing". :(

Amen. I feel this way every time is someone is doing a squeee over a new born fundy. I can only think, another wasted life.

Exactly. LL is one of the most hateful fundie parents. She's a distant second to ZsuZsu but she's dreadful nonetheless. So I'm glad the little guy is healthy but beyond that, his life will be a misery in that family.

Can somebody post a back story on who LL is? I am a newbie. And Finn is adorable, but sounds like his troubles have just begun. :(

Can somebody post a back story on who LL is? I am a newbie. And Finn is adorable, but sounds like his troubles have just begun. :(

I'll second this. From the first few posts on her blog she seems to be a little lacking in common sense, but I'm not picking up anything more than that.

So is there hope? She drives me nuts, but I also feel like they're better-equipped to handle getting out of fundie life, so there's a part of me that wants to root for her. Yeah, I'm a rambling mess today.

I know what you mean, but I don't hold out much hope. I don't see why she'd have any reason to change her ways at this point. She's been through her "training" experiences with six kids at this point, without much pushback from them. I'm sure she doesn't see anything wrong with the way she's raising Mira or she wouldn't post so much crap on her blog about it. Of course, the oldest kids are only 7, so she's got a ways to go with them. It'd be nice if they could do something to make her see that she's being really unfair to them.

If I were the one posting that blog, my 'headship' would be like "Take that shit OFF the internet." I feel like she posts so much TMI (her ladypart's name and all) and she makes herself look like complete buffoon in the name of getting a few other mommy's to be like "LOL". LL isn't alone here though... Mommy-Bloggers are the worst. You had a baby? Here's a medal for you! It drives me bonkers people think they are the first one to have their kid do such a such. And, I'd hate my mother to know she pull all this shit about me ON THE INTERNET including the consistency of my poop when I was sick.

This is a thread about LL from the old board:

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7239/L ... 1abNXmd6So

I wish it had some links, but it has some quotes so you can get an idea of the kinds of things that throw up red flags. She actually came to visit us on the yuku boards. I think LL falls more in the fundie lite category, since she doesn't do some of the gender role and faux modesty things that the more hardcore fundies do. You can bet she has that child training down pat, though.

This is one of her klassier posts, about "sit time" and her "implement of correction"...yeah, she doesn't just spank, she hits them with objects:

vitafamiliae.com/?p=1567

I'd hate my mother to know she pull all this shit about me ON THE INTERNET including the consistency of my poop when I was sick.

I've thought the same thing. Then I get really stabby when I read what she has the nerve to post in her sidebar:

This is our memoir for our kids. We picture them at 30 and try to write the stories and thoughts they might want to know. We write the Now Stories for their Future Selves. And we humbly share them with you.

This is what you think your kids will want to read about when they're 30? Really? Maybe if they needed something to show their therapist...

This is what you think your kids will want to read about when they're 30? Really? Maybe if they needed something to show their therapist...

Considering that about 97.9% of the blog entries are about LL and her fabulous, glorious, noble life, one wonders just what the 30-year-old kid will read about himself on there apart from her constant moaning about how put upon she is by having 7 kids..

If I were the one posting that blog, my 'headship' would be like "Take that shit OFF the internet." I feel like she posts so much TMI (her ladypart's name and all) and she makes herself look like complete buffoon in the name of getting a few other mommy's to be like "LOL". LL isn't alone here though... Mommy-Bloggers are the worst. You had a baby? Here's a medal for you! It drives me bonkers people think they are the first one to have their kid do such a such. And, I'd hate my mother to know she pull all this shit about me ON THE INTERNET including the consistency of my poop when I was sick.

That wasn't a name for her vagina, it was for her uterus. Because apparently some readers were weirded out by her talking about her uterus, which I find bizarre. Unless you find the uterus talk TMI, in which - well, I guess I find that bizarre.

I wouldn't classify her as fundie lite. She might not talk about modesty, but all her kids are still young, especially the girls. And unless there's something I don't know (which is of course possible) she seems to support her SAHD sisters. Granted, it's possible she thinks her family is overboard with the more VF-centric stuff and just doesn't post about it, but I'd certainly be surprised if that were the case.

And, I'd hate my mother to know she pull all this shit about me ON THE INTERNET including the consistency of my poop when I was sick.

I wrote about it on my LJ....on my baby filter. It was, however, more of a "other moms who know more, help me out here" not "let me show off for the blogosphere.

She's posted on the blog about the baby now.

I just feel as though in three weeks (or months) she'll be back to her old self, moaning about how hard it is to school them all, even though Saint Andrew works from home and still takes them off her hands occasionally, how the girls got into the flour while she was BFing Finnley (worst name ever) and it was a MESS, y'all, we do messy around here like nobody's business, but God be praised, He gets us through everything...and we're PREGNANT! With number eight! Hallelujah and pray for us and make us lots of freezer meals! :pray:

Exactly that.

the girls got into the flour while she was BFing Finnley (worst name ever) and it was a MESS, y'all, we do messy around here like nobody's business, but God be praised, He gets us through everything...and we're PREGNANT! With number eight! Hallelujah and pray for us and make us lots of freezer meals! :pray:

:D This made my day.

She overplays the southern thing :roll:

:D This made my day.

She overplays the southern thing :roll:

Particularly when, if you see any of her videos (or heard Noah speak on the radio show thing) they don't even have a strong Southern accent. (erm, in my opinion, anyway. Y'all.)

I'm banned from her website. (For my comment on her pool post, which effectively was, if you find it so difficult for you and your husband to take all the children to the pool at once, how about taking some or hiring a mother's helper for an afternoon? Water safety is no joke.) and I can't muster up the energy to get my proxy up and go see another "blessing" to be neglected, beaten, and complained about.

I'm banned from her website. (For my comment on her pool post, which effectively was, if you find it so difficult for you and your husband to take all the children to the pool at once, how about taking some or hiring a mother's helper for an afternoon? Water safety is no joke.) and I can't muster up the energy to get my proxy up and go see another "blessing" to be neglected, beaten, and complained about.

I'm banned too (for commenting that perhaps the fact that Mira's reaction to car seats was perhaps not merely "stubbornness" and "anger" but anxiety due to the fact that she wasn't used to them, having been raised in Africa, and all) Anyways, I just view the site through one of those free proxy sites. The comments are wonky, but I don't want to read them anyways, so it doesn't matter.

She's posted on the blog about the baby now.

I just feel as though in three weeks (or months) she'll be back to her old self, moaning about how hard it is to school them all, even though Saint Andrew works from home and still takes them off her hands occasionally, how the girls got into the flour while she was BFing Finnley (worst name ever) and it was a MESS, y'all, we do messy around here like nobody's business, but God be praised, He gets us through everything...and we're PREGNANT! With number eight! Hallelujah and pray for us and make us lots of freezer meals! :pray:

QFT.

One of my FB friends adopted a (female) puppy last year and named her Finnley.

I don't really get having a professional photo shoot for L&D either. I mean, she's in pain and uncomfortable, wearing an ugly hospital gown. And hey, what random stranger wouldn't want to see a smushed-face, screaming baby dripping amniotic fluid on a public website?

Archived